• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Villa ratings/thoughts

5F0CpQl.jpg

I can only remember one poor pass and he made up for it anyway.

I'm pretty certain I saw at least 3, I could be wrong and not looking to score points.
I want the fella to do well, he's one of us and apart from getting ****ed up, has kept a low profile and not been shooting his mouth off (;
The worry for me is that whilst statistically it looks good, it doesn't account for misplaced passes in critical areas.
I've seen quite a few games where he's done exactly that; we may have got away with it, but my point is, it's an area that I would like to see some improvement on, especially when there's nobody really pressing him.

Chiriches has taken a huge jump in quality coming from Romania and has been very good considering. He will get better as CBs normally do with age. Very promising. I would be happy for him to be an integral part of next year.

I'm pretty certain I saw at least 3, I could be wrong and not looking to score points.
I want the fella to do well, he's one of us and apart from getting ****ed up, has kept a low profile and not been shooting his mouth off (;
The worry for me is that whilst statistically it looks good, it doesn't account for misplaced passes in critical areas.
I've seen quite a few games where he's done exactly that; we may have got away with it, but my point is, it's an area that I would like to see some improvement on, especially when there's nobody really pressing him.
Would agree with all of this. There were at least two potentially costly brainfarts today.

Maybe it's because even now he's still adjusting to the Premiership and we'll see fewer ****-ups if he gets the chance of a long unbroken run next season.

I can't believe there are 5 teams worse than Villa in the Premier League, fooking abysmal.

Hats off to their fans though.

Could today have given a good glimpse of a potential future line up without proper wingers???

Holding midfielder (Sandro or Capoue)
Box to box (Paulinho - anything but invisible today - or Dembele/Siggy)
Two creative wide midfielders tucking into the centre (Eriksen and dare I say Lamela)
Two overlapping fullbacks (Walker and new LB)
Two strikers - one linking with the midfield

Could today have given a good glimpse of a potential future line up without proper wingers???

Holding midfielder (Sandro or Capoue)
Box to box (Paulinho - anything but invisible today - or Dembele/Siggy)
Two creative wide midfielders tucking into the centre (Eriksen and dare I say Lamela)
Two overlapping fullbacks (Walker and new LB)
Two strikers - one linking with the midfield

That for me is what Sherwood was close to getting (a 4132). Unfortunately he refused to use a DM until today.

So far as Chiriches goes. The lad could go far with us if we do bring in a manager who wants his defenders to advance with the ball and pass it around.

Back