• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Villa fans want our chairman.

Levy has his critics, and has made mistakes, but Spurs has made progress consistently under him, while running a good fiscal model.

Fact for me is, only two clubs in the PL top 10 run a responsible model, us and the Scum, and only us are running that model and improving results and squad.

Levy has his critics, and has made mistakes, but Spurs has made progress consistently under him, while running a good fiscal model.

Fact for me is, only two clubs in the PL top 10 run a responsible model, us and the Scum, and only us are running that model and improving results and squad.

yeah i have always respected that side of arsenal, i would add west brom and everton are also run well

apart from the oligarch/sheikh type of owner, more and more clubs who have spent freely will cut back and results will suffer. There is nothing wrong with what Spurs do, as long as the players in can create a team good enough to replace the players leaving. The problem has always been about replacements.

People moan about not spending money or not paying wages, but you look around at, say, Villa, and they aren't selecting players like Given or Bent when they could/should. If Bent plays 3 more games he triggers the next clause with Sunderland. £3m or so. You look at Arsenal and somehow they sell players for big money and don't often buy, the ones coming through are not good enough and the team declines. The system is good, the manager is good and keeping the ball/diving for penalties will keep them around the top 4 but they have gone from 1/2nd to 4/5th because the replacement players are not good enough.

Spurs seems to be a decent middle ground between spending and saving.

We also can look at what happened to some of the clubs who spent recklessly. Since Jol's time we have been behind Villa, Portsmouth, West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine on wages paid at various times and they have all run into trouble, some more dramatically than others. Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and possibly West Ham are now being run sensibly but are still recovering past overspending.

i don't really understand Everton - traditionally one of the biggest clubs in the country - why are they always in debt?

I think with Everton, despite having a very strong local supporter base, they probably have a very small number of national and international fans. I've met random Spurs fans all over the world and all over England, and I've only ever known 2 Everton supporters my whole life.

I've always said Martin O'Neill is one of the main reasons that Villa are in trouble financially now. He wasted a fair bit of money.

Levy is a very good chairman, certainly in the discussion for one of the best in England. But his nack of leaving deals to the last minute infuriates me and it often leads to us getting off to a slow start in the league, and when you're going for the top 4, you can't afford to give your rivals a head start.

I also think that he gets too much credit sometimes from Spurs fans for the success of the club in the last 6-7 years. Yes he deserves credit, but so do the players, previous managers and the current manager.

http://astonvilla-views.com/2012/12...model-is-the-way-forward-and-not-liverpools/?

Im not levy's biggest fan so for me it was interesting reading this website. I think we have made quite a few mistakes and when we have sold players we often weaken a fair bit.

Never realised they thought being 60 miles up the road from london was such a big deal, seem like they have a bit of a chip on their shoulders to be fair.

It would be a surprise to me if fans of all but four or five clubs in the country wouldn't be thrilled to have a chairman like Levy.

Having said that, half of our fans don't seem to realise how lucky they are to have Levy as our chairman / owner.

I think with Everton, despite having a very strong local supporter base, they probably have a very small number of national and international fans. I've met random Spurs fans all over the world and all over England, and I've only ever known 2 Everton supporters my whole life.

There's definitely some truth in that.

But it's also to do with their antiquated stadium - which offers very little by way of corporate facilities - and the fact that the average Everton fan has considerably less spending power than the average Spurs fan.

As a kid growing up in the 80's - Villa and us shared a record of 7 FA Cups each. They had some solid players like Peter Withe (Wolverine). Nowadays they have become something of a so-what team. Neither here nor there. One thing standout about them was their moany fans - bleeting on at every decision!

I've always said Martin O'Neill is one of the main reasons that Villa are in trouble financially now. He wasted a fair bit of money.

Levy is a very good chairman, certainly in the discussion for one of the best in England. But his nack of leaving deals to the last minute infuriates me and it often leads to us getting off to a slow start in the league, and when you're going for the top 4, you can't afford to give your rivals a head start.

I also think that he gets too much credit sometimes from Spurs fans for the success of the club in the last 6-7 years. Yes he deserves credit, but so do the players, previous managers and the current manager.

MON walking away after he had spent the money is also a factor. I fhe was upset he could no longer spend then he shouldn't have waited until the start of the season.

Levy's stewardship has pluses and minuses. To some extent you can't separate the advantages of a stable financial model and failure to land the glamour deals. Sure, he sometimes prioritizes the deal over the immediate need but then again he does nothing to put the club at risk. Some gambles (e.g. Jan 2011 for a striker) might have paid dividends, but then again they might not have. His late deals tend to help the long-term financial model, but weaken the short-term on-field performance.

In many ways Levy has brought us back to where we should have been. From the "Big Five" of the 80s and the ITV negotiations, we went into decline from the speculation of the Scholar era and were in a bad position to deal with the changes of the Sky/PL era. Sugar rescued us, but we were in hard place and he was unable to take us back. Levy and Enic have succeeded, after a few misfires in the early noughties. In the meantime, we've seen the decline of the Merseyside clubs and the rise of the sugar-daddy clubs. Our current status of fifth best is probably the same (behind Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and United then, behind United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal now).

As a kid growing up in the 80's - Villa and us shared a record of 7 FA Cups each. They had some solid players like Peter Withe (Wolverine). Nowadays they have become something of a so-what team. Neither here nor there. One thing standout about them was their moany fans - bleeting on at every decision!

In the early-mid 80s our trophy count was equal to United and Arsenal. Villa were clearly second on the back of their European Cup and lots of success in the late nineteen hundreds and just after. Now we aren't in the same ballpark as United and Arsenal..

There's definitely some truth in that.

But it's also to do with their antiquated stadium - which offers very little by way of corporate facilities - and the fact that the average Everton fan has considerably less spending power than the average Spurs fan.

Income has been steadily switching from local area fans to global income from merchandise and tv rights.

Spurs huge advantage over Everton/Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Villa/etc. is we cultivated an image of being a "glamour" club and certainly have created a more global brand than any team outside the "Sky 4"

Income has been steadily switching from local area fans to global income from merchandise and tv rights.

Spurs huge advantage over Everton/Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Villa/etc. is we cultivated an image of being a "glamour" club and certainly have created a more global brand than any team outside the "Sky 4"

Income for all but a handful of clubs is still very much reliant on UK based fans. Even a club like Spurs still makes comparatively little out of foreign fans.

As to TV rights, they aren't dependent on a club's fan base at all. In theory, Wigan could earn more from the various Premier League TV deals than Man Utd.

But its been a lot easier for us to improve than Arsenal. Whilst we have been flirting with relegation, and at best midtable mediocrity before Levy took over Arsenal have been winning titles and so the only way for them is going to be down. Not taking anything away from us of course, Levy has us consistently at the upper echelons of the league without putting our club at risk in any way....

Back