• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

Haven't been very impressed by Wanyama when I've seen him, to be honest, but have admittedly not seen a lot of him. I remember him looking quite Huddlestone-esque in his movements (quite slow?) and that he missed with quite a few passes. Seemed strong and able to tackle/dispossess though.

What are his strengths and weaknesses?

Strengths - strength, positioning, tackling
Weakness - passing, mobility

He's basically a wall that sits in front of the CBs, wins a lot, but gives the ball away a lot too. A Freund or a less mobile Zokora/Palacios.

He's basically a wall that sits in front of the CBs, wins a lot, but gives the ball away a lot too. A Freund or a less mobile Zokora/Palacios.

I think He is mobile and covers the pitch well. Got a naughty side to him too.

Is his passing actually that bad,or is it just easy to label him as such because he looks like a unit and is an enforcer type?

I only ask because I don't know one player of ours Poch plays who isn't good on the ball/poor passing ability.....

I wouldn't say that mobility is a weakness. He is a brute of a bloke though - Sandro was nicknamed Beast....Wanyama makes Sandro look like a 5 stone weakling. He'll certainly improve the matchday 18 and get a decent amount of game time across all competitions. Decent signing for a decent price

I think Dier has vision and often passes forward. Some are expecting wanyama to be a like for like replacement.

I just think Poch has been after him for at least a year and has a plan as to where he will fit in. Lets face it how many people on this forum thought Dier would be deployed as our first choice defensive midfielder all season?

The most important thing is how many goals we avoid shipping in the last 20 minutes of games with potentially Dembele, Dier and Wanyama on the pitch.

Good as backup I guess, but from what I've seen nowhere near good enough to challenge for a place in the first XI if everyone is fit. Reminds me a bit of Palacios, who to be fair did have some great games for us and helped us get to the CL quarter-finals before he lost it.

Back