• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Very unlucky in that sense. 1 league title in 9(?) seasons is a poor reward for how good Klopp has been. Timing is a huge factor, as I’m afraid we’re about to see with Arteta and Arsenal.
Arsenal remind me of us under Poch
The peak years
They have to win the title this year because I don’t think they will get a better chance

It's so strange reading tedious ongoing squabbles that I'm not even involved in, is this what they call personal growth?

Interesting with Klopp, I guess it'll come out whether he was pushed in to announcing his impending departure. Initially the players rallied but now the wheels appear to be coming off. Even if it's not cool to admit it on here, they have been brilliant but also unfortunate to be very good when there was a team like City almost consistently being even better...Selling Salah and rebuilding from that money seems like the best strategy and Slot looks impressive whilst not being tested at the highest level.
I can be honest now that he's going and they aren't gonna win the league. He's been magnificent. One of the all time greats. Sure, after some losses, he's been nasty but most of the greats are like that. Some of the stuff he's done off the pitch, with fans like Sean Cox and some young Liverpool fans, shows that Klopp really is a decent bloke. His football has been brilliant to watch and he kept a cheating City honest against impossible odds.

My hatred of Liverpool stopped me for saying this before but if Klopp did here what he did there, I'd have a statue of him in my front garden.

GHod, I need to take a shower and lay off the truth pills.

I can be honest now that he's going and they aren't gonna win the league. He's been magnificent. One of the all time greats. Sure, after some losses, he's been nasty but most of the greats are like that. Some of the stuff he's done off the pitch, with fans like Sean Cox and some young Liverpool fans, shows that Klopp really is a decent bloke. His football has been brilliant to watch and he kept a cheating City honest against impossible odds.

My hatred of Liverpool stopped me for saying this before but if Klopp did here what he did there, I'd have a statue of him in my front garden.

GHod, I need to take a shower and lay off the truth pills.

His Dortmund team were brilliant to watch. Liverpool under his watch haven’t been as good to watch but they have played mostly good football and can be direct at times, not unlike we were with Toby to Alli being successful for us at times.

I don’t think you can put him at the top of the all time great PL managers because he hasn’t won enough, not as much as Fergie and Pep. But he’s got to be in a similar category to Wenger somewhere in the top 10.

Unless they get very lucky and Slot hits the ground running, I don’t think they’ll challenge next season which may open the door to the likes of us and Villa. Think it will be City and Arsenal battling it out next season for the title but 3rd looks quite open at this moment in time IMO.

Last edited:
Unless they get very lucky and Slot hits the ground running, I don’t think they’ll challenge next season which may open the door to the likes of us and Villa. Think it will be City and Arsenal battling it out next season for the title but 3rd looks quite open at this moment in time IMO.
I agree with that. I don’t think Arsenal are going to go away so I don’t buy that it’s this season or never much as I’d like to. In fact I’d put them as favourites for next season.

I agree with that. I don’t think Arsenal are going to go away so I don’t buy that it’s this season or never much as I’d like to. In fact I’d put them as favourites for next season.

People said the same last season, they had to win it or they’d blown their chance.

His Dortmund team were brilliant to watch. Liverpool under his watch haven’t been as good to watch but they have played mostly good football and can be direct at times, not unlike we were with Toby to Alli being successful for us at times.

I don’t think you can put him at the top of the all time great PL managers because he hasn’t won enough, not as much as Fergie and Pep. But he’s got to be in a similar category to Wenger somewhere in the top 10.

I find the "trophies won" argument a bit one dimensional to be honest. The context is that he's come up against money doped cheaters who are probably the best the country has ever seen and are managed by a genius. That's very, very unfortunate. To get 90+ points a couple of seasons running and not win the league is mad.

I wouldn't put Klopp with Fergie, Pep or peak Mourinho...but he's not far behind for me.

I find the "trophies won" argument a bit one dimensional to be honest. The context is that he's come up against money doped cheaters who are probably the best the country has ever seen and are managed by a genius. That's very, very unfortunate. To get 90+ points a couple of seasons running and not win the league is mad.

I wouldn't put Klopp with Fergie, Pep or peak Mourinho...but he's not far behind for me.

You could make a case that the quality of Klopp’s trophies are more impressive than City’s haul and the circumstances that he won them under, at the end of the day I believe longevity and quantity of trophies is the deciding factor. That doesn’t diminish what Klopp has won.

I don’t see them going away. Liverpool won the league once and finished a point behind city on more than one occasion. Other than city, no other team is obviously better than arsenal.
True
But IMO Liverpool had elite level players in a lot of positions
They had the best keeper in the league. best CB, best left back and and a supper creative right back , a solid midfield and two attackers in Mane and Salah who would play for any side at their peak
I don’t see that with Arsenal
Pool also have the cult behind them that creates the belief
But we will see
As I said earlier I see a lot of similarities between this arsenal side and the spurs one Poch created before Wembley
If they don’t win the league they match tha5 side for best defence, best attack and no trophies which is nuts

True
But IMO Liverpool had elite level players in a lot of positions
They had the best keeper in the league. best CB, best left back and and a supper creative right back , a solid midfield and two attackers in Mane and Salah who would play for any side at their peak
I don’t see that with Arsenal
Pool also have the cult behind them that creates the belief
But we will see
As I said earlier I see a lot of similarities between this arsenal side and the spurs one Poch created before Wembley
If they don’t win the league they match tha5 side for best defence, best attack and no trophies which is nuts

Saliba is arguably the best CB in the league now. At worst he’s in the top 3. Odegaard is a top player in his position. Rice is IMO the best player in his position in the PL after Rodri. Saka is one of the best forwards in the league.

Yeah I agree
But thats not enough imo to beat city

Maybe city will have an off year. If they do then it’s a pretty safe bet Arsenal will win the league. City got 89 points last season, They can get 91 this season if they win all their games. Even if they do, they got over 100 points in their peak and 98 the following season. May sound strange but I don’t think they’re as good as they were a few years ago, even with Haaland, I don’t actually think he’s made them better, he hasn’t made the difference in any semi final or final in any competition.

Maybe city will have an off year. If they do then it’s a pretty safe bet Arsenal will win the league. City got 89 points last season, They can get 91 this season if they win all their games. Even if they do, they got over 100 points in their peak and 98 the following season. May sound strange but I don’t think they’re as good as they were a few years ago, even with Haaland, I don’t actually think he’s made them better, he hasn’t made the difference in any semi final or final in any competition.
This year is Citys off year… 10% less than their high standard
And I agree
They aren’t as good
And arsenal IMO can’t do much better

Last edited:
Any team that beats City is probably going to need a points total that starts with a 9
Arsenal could well win it this year with 89. No they’re not as good as City and Liverpool were a couple of years ago (97-100 points level) but they probably won’t need to be to win the league either this year or next. I don’t see City back at that level in the near future.

Back