• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Spacemans right we all remember the thread too well very amusing. Jimmy I don't really give a monkeys how long he's been a member he's an outsider nonetheless so he should take banter any way it comes to him.

Greg your team got lucky last season. Enjoy it for a few weeks more you'll revert to default soon enough.

you'll revert to default soon enough.

How? Are we just going to let Ba, Cisse, Cabyae, Krul, Ben Arfa, Coloccini and Jonas go on frees or something?

Are Spurs going to revert to default this season? Mid table mediocrity like the majority of the last 20 years? I don't think so.

How? Are we just going to let Ba, Cisse, Cabyae, Krul, Ben Arfa, Coloccini and Jonas go on frees or something?

Are Spurs going to revert to default this season? Mid table mediocrity like the majority of the last 20 years? I don't think so.

See? Banter! I like!!

You were incredibly fortunate that last season Chelsea were as poor as they were. That puts you sixth. King Kenny fudged Liverpool right up. They'll finish above you this coming. 7th. At BEST.

You have some ok/decent players. You have poor strength in depth. You will finish 7th.

I'm guessing that Roy may be doubting Ashley, not Saudi Sportswashing Machine (could be wrong). I mean he does have a history of tinkling your fanbase off. If a club were to come in with a decent offer for Ba or Cabaye, I'd have my doubts as to whether he'd have the strength to turn down the offer.

See? Banter! I like!!

You were incredibly fortunate that last season Chelsea were as poor as they were. That puts you sixth. King Kenny fudged Liverpool right up. They'll finish above you this coming. 7th. At BEST.

You have some ok/decent players. You have poor strength in depth. You will finish 7th.

Agree with a lot of that. But I still think they will finish above Liverpool. Some on here are starting to get worried about Liverpool for no reason. Yes they have a better manager now, but they've still got the same average players.

While I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine could do with strengthening their squad, I think people are also underestimating their first team. We were similarly ridiculed all through the season that led up to us taking fourth, with other fans always expecting us to fall short and then self-destruct afterwards.

There's no reason that they can't build on this season, if they continue to make shrewd signings and lady luck is on their side with injuries. Think it's also a bit too soon to be sure that all the other teams around them will strengthen and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will stagnate- of course it's all ifs and buts at the moment, but I wouldn't write them off before the transfer window is shut, at least.

See? Banter! I like!!

I'm not so sure that Chelsea and Liverpool are guaranteed to be any better than last year. Chelsea have brought in a some good players but I'm not sure about their manager. Rogers at Liverpool so far has looked like a bull in a china shop, he's trying to do too much too soon and without wholesale changes to personnel I'm not sure that the majority of the squad will adapt well and be capable of playing his style of boring, sideways and backwards football. AVB tried to change to much too soon at Chelsea and it backfired on him, Rodgers could suffer in a similar way, Big Fat taco did the same up here and ended up getting the sack. We've also yet to see how your players will react to AVB in terms of on the pitch performance but it does sound like AVB has learnt from his time at Chelsea and also not really a great deal of change required at Spurs.

We've got a solid foundation now and with some more quality additions (looks like we will get Debuchy, Douglas, Anita and a striker), we can have another real go at it. No real pressure on us again will suit us although 7th is probably more realistic given the added games from the Europa League and the likes of Gosling, Abeid, Bigirimana and Tavernier will have to step up in some of those games but from what we have seen they have the ability to do so.

A strong Saudi Sportswashing Machine is a great thing for us. One more team to take points of the big clubs. If we can get 1 point up there in the first match, I'll be very happy.

I'm not so sure that Chelsea and Liverpool are guaranteed to be any better than last year. Chelsea have brought in a some good players but I'm not sure about their manager. Rogers at Liverpool so far has looked like a bull in a china shop, he's trying to do too much too soon and without wholesale changes to personnel I'm not sure that the majority of the squad will adapt well and be capable of playing his style of boring, sideways and backwards football. AVB tried to change to much too soon at Chelsea and it backfired on him, Rodgers could suffer in a similar way, Big Fat taco did the same up here and ended up getting the sack. We've also yet to see how your players will react to AVB in terms of on the pitch performance but it does sound like AVB has learnt from his time at Chelsea and also not really a great deal of change required at Spurs.

We've got a solid foundation now and with some more quality additions (looks like we will get Debuchy, Douglas, Anita and a striker), we can have another real go at it. No real pressure on us again will suit us although 7th is probably more realistic given the added games from the Europa League and the likes of Gosling, Abeid, Bigirimana and Tavernier will have to step up in some of those games but from what we have seen they have the ability to do so.

Chelsea will definitely be better. Drogba of course is a massive loss, but Hazard, Marin and Oscar are quality players and will improve them. They won't win the Champions League again, no team can be that lucky twice! But they'll be in the top 3 easy.

I respect your first team. Krul, Cabaye and Cisse are top drawer. Ba and Collocini are decent. Lose 1/2 and you'll struggle. As Jurgen says your also a selling club so don't expect to hang onto your stars.

Last edited:

Im beginning to think you may find yourself in the same position as we did with Redknapp.

Pardew is a decent manager, good motivator, but he isnt great IMO.

You have the basis of an excellent side IMO, I think there will come a point where you want "more" from a manager to extract what the team is capable - there will come a time where he is holding you back.

I saw a number of Saudi Sportswashing Machine games last season, and despite the good players did not think they produced good football by and large (a view regarded as "weapons grade horsebrick" by yourself as I recall), with to much of a negative attitude (sit back, pack the midfield, dont conceed...)

However, going away to QPR and showing no intent to leave your own half, for example, betrays a lack of ambition in Pardew - when your side is capable of a lot more.

I can imagine right now he is a hero, but it wont last

Im beginning to think you may find yourself in the same position as we did with Redknapp.

Pardew is a decent manager, good motivator, but he isnt great IMO.

You have the basis of an excellent side IMO, I think there will come a point where you want "more" from a manager to extract what the team is capable - there will come a time where he is holding you back.

I saw a number of Saudi Sportswashing Machine games last season, and despite the good players did not think they produced good football by and large (a view regarded as "weapons grade horsebrick" by yourself as I recall), with to much of a negative attitude (sit back, pack the midfield, dont conceed...)

However, going away to QPR and showing no intent to leave your own half, for example, betrays a lack of ambition in Pardew - when your side is capable of a lot more.

I can imagine right now he is a hero, but it wont last

Pardew is willing to take risks on players though, and that could see them compete against clubs with better finances.

If he keeps getting his risks 'right', and they keep being successful for him, Saudi Sportswashing Machine with their stadium could really establish themselves as a top 6 side IMO.

It is unclear as to whether Pardew even has a say.

I think Llambias said when they sacked Hughton that they needed someone to be decisive on players.

From that I read that they would present targets to Hughton, who would be indecisive and maybe want more proven players (ala Harry maybe?) but that Pardew showed an aptitude to coach 'value' buys and could be decisive in which ones he wanted.

Back