• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

my liverpool supporting brother legitimately believes that tottenham DELIBERATELY chase the same targets as liverpool, he genuinely believes that our scouting team keep tabs on who liverpool are following and go for those players.

it's a source of great amusement, i must admit. :lol:

my liverpool supporting brother legitimately believes that tottenham DELIBERATELY chase the same targets as liverpool, he genuinely believes that our scouting team keep tabs on who liverpool are following and go for those players.

it's a source of great amusement, i must admit. :lol:

I noticed a lot of similar complaints by RAWK posters.

Very amusing.

Do they imagine that their team of scouts are the only ones who would have noticed Gylfi's performances in the PL last season? Do they imagine that there are many players anywhere in the world that are good enough for a top PL team but that haven't been noticed by any other than Liverpool scouts? It's just ridiculous presumption on their part.

i think thats Jose Enrique

Downing wont be there because he would have been given an extended break due to being at the Euros

Of course...makes sense, bit stupid of me.

My favourite comment from RAWK is the one that goes something like:

'Thing is with Spurs fans, they qualify for the Champions League ONCE and suddenly think they are Real Madrid.'

It's just such an utterly pitiful statement. I'm pretty sure no-one has come close to thinking anything of the sort.

No guys, we simply think we have a better team, a better squad, and have finished above Liverpool for the last 3 seasons. Yes you have won more trophies, and tradition is important to an extent, along with a number of other factors. But right now we are a better option for a lot of players.

They then come out with:

'Take Modric, Bale, Rafa and Adebayor out of their team and we aren't that far behind them right now'.

For goodness sake!!

And if you take suarez, gerrard, skrtel and reina out of their team they'd get relegated...

Lol...but that never seems to cross their minds. We are apparently on a downward curve because we are losing Modric, VDV and Ade, and it will be absolutely nailed on that we cannot replace those players.

You think Liverpool fans have been funny over this whole sigurdsson saga check out the reading forum fudging hilarious absolutely nothing in media linking them to him but one 'itk' said a deal was on cue at around page 90 him to admit he was a wum and made the whole thing up that didn't stop them all believing they were gonna sign him threads well over 100 pages when he signed there was a meltdown lol

cristiano-ronaldo-505-luis-suarez-funny-and-scary-face-during-a-soccer-football-game-for-liverpool-in-2012.jpg

Courtesy of the Football 365 Mailbox...

It Turns Out Liverpool Are Better Than Spurs (Despite The 17-Point Difference)
With Sigurdsson choosing Spurs over Liverpool, supposedly for footballing reasons, it made me wonder whether Spurs really are a better side than Liverpool now. Yes, I understand some people may say that he went for the money, but lets assume that what he said was the truth. Personally, I would think the two clubs pretty even in terms of team and player quality, and I reckon the difference in last seasons' performances were just due to a similar quality of new signing (Adebayor v Carroll, Parker v Downing/Henderson) settling in quicker at Spurs than they did at Liverpool, adding to the cohesion of the side, and the fact that before the season, Liverpool had higher expectations than Spurs, allowing Spurs to play with more freedom (we saw what happened when the pressure went on Spurs).

Oh yes, and Lucas/Gerrard were out for much of the season for Liverpool.

Anyway, since it's Friday, I thought I'd compose a Spurs/Liverpool XI to see if one team does dominate, and therefore has more world-class players, as Sigurdsson has suggested.

GK: REINA. I don't really think that people would have many qualms with this, do they?

RB: JOHNSON. He continually gets picked ahead of Walker for England, did a superb job for England in the world cup (I'd say he was one of England's three or four best, along with Gerrard, Terry and Cole), and has been pretty good for Liverpool.

CB (ball-playing CB, so I suppose Agger/King/Dawson??): AGGER. Again he was superb for Denmark in the World Cup, and I don't think there can really be many complaints.

CB (brute): SKRTEL. He had a fantastic season for Liverpool, was supposedly being courted by the likes of City (which Kaboul isn't). Though if you want to pick Kaboul, fine, he had a good season too.

LB: Can't decide. I'd pick Enrique, after his first half of the season (and because I'm a Liverpool fan). You'd pick BAE if you were a Spurs fan. Marginal call, so I'll call it a TIE.

RM: LENNON. Do Liverpool have a real right midfielder? Lennon is far better out wide than Henderson/Maxi anyway. Don't know why I'm bothering to comment.

CM (CDM): Hmmm. I really would prefer Lucas as a Liverpool fan, he can screen an entire back four, break up play superbly, and passes well. Though Spurs fans may think Parker is a better fit for their team, so I might be slightly generous to Spurs fans and call a TIE.

CM (Play-maker): Again, hmmm. I'd argue that Gerrard at the peak of his powers will do more damage than Modric, and single-handedly, though Modric is possibly the better player over a league season (and he's less injury prone and younger). Perhaps Modric just about shades this one, so I could be slightly generous to Liverpool and call this a TIE, or you could go for MODRIC. Your choice, really.

LM: BALE. Though Downing isn't all that bad, honest. But he doesn't compare to Bale last season.

SS (Suarez v VDV): SUAREZ. I know Rafa is a good player, but I don't think there can be many complaints about this from Spurs fans. One player is one of the star performers in the team ranked third in the world and won the Copa America, the other can't get into a side that got 0 points in 3 games in the EUROs.

CF: CARROLL. Not sure who he's up against, really. Defoe? Currently Carroll is playing better than Adebayor anyway, even if he signs, and long term he will be better.

So the only place Spurs have real dominance is out wide. Liverpool shades the centre-backs and full-backs, and has a better front two and back...one also. The two centre midfielders are of pretty similar quality, so Liverpool were pretty unfortunate their two first-choice centre midfielders were out for most of last season.

This leads to one of the problems Brendan Rodgers faces: he's inherited a squad that just came eighth, but other than out wide right (and wide left, if you're a Downing hater), there aren't many places in which serious improvements are needed, or where many Premier League teams have better players. The challenge for him is just to get Liverpool functioning better as a team.
Alex, LFC (in hindsight that's a bit long, so it's okay if you don't post it I guess)

That mailbox attracts all the muppets. Problem with that analysis (on top of Agger/Skrtl over King/Kaboul/Gallas and Lucas over Parker and whoever Liverpools LB is over Benny, we have a whole other XI that would compare strongly to Liverpools first XI.

Looking forward to the responses in the next edition.

Long may this ignorance continue. Not only is it great to have pure comedy, it kept them years behind holding on to Dalglish last year. Let the choose their inept players over the lads that had us finish fourth, whatever it takes to distract them from their free fall.

Liverpool are the new Leeds United.

'RB: JOHNSON. He continually gets picked ahead of Walker for England,'

Thought Hodgson told the media Walker was his man, but his injury kept him out..

Back