• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I’m not sure how it wasn’t a red
Clearly not in control and ankle high
That’s a red every day now

And I’m not arguing against our reds. Ima arguing that teams statically foul us admit twice as much as we do them… and they don’t get carded the same way

For example… yesterday on an offside Pedro booted the ball away in anger. No yellow. Kulu the other day kicked it 2 yards to where the infringement was and got booked
In real time, it doesn't look like a red in a million years (https://www.skysports.com/football/...ar-for-not-intervening-to-send-off-lewis-dunk). You see the still, which is not always right because it makes things look worse than they are, and it looks a red. I can see why he's not given it albeit, had they given the red, I could understand that too.

Can't remember the Pedro one so will take your word for it. Deki deserved his yellow the other day.

Yeah I think consistency is badly lacking. Saka dived last night for a pen and the ref didn't give it. There were only two choices, dive and booking or a pen and the ref did neither.

There is room for more consistently without doubt but you're dealing with situations that still have an air of subjectivity about them and that will always result in some inconsistency. Fans see replays dozens of times and yet you'll get very different opinions on whether it was a foul/penalty/yellow/red etc.

The ref doing nothing should be a sackable offence.
The amount of games I've watched recently where control has been lost in the first 20 minutes because the ref is "letting the game flow" is ridiculous.
Balbena committed two or three fouls in the one phase of play last night at least twice and the ref refused to go back and book him.
Their keeper and dunk tinkled about with goal kicks from 10th min, he warned repeatedly, and did jack all about it.
Do your job.

In real time, it doesn't look like a red in a million years (https://www.skysports.com/football/...ar-for-not-intervening-to-send-off-lewis-dunk). You see the still, which is not always right because it makes things look worse than they are, and it looks a red. I can see why he's not given it albeit, had they given the red, I could understand that too.

Can't remember the Pedro one so will take your word for it. Deki deserved his yellow the other day.

But the game isn't reffed in real time anymore.
Romero was upgraded from yellow to red by var review.

Deki kicked the ball 2 yards to where it should be taken before retreating
It’s double standards and poor officiating

In real time that challenge looks reckless and reactive, which it was

Remember var sent off Romero after reviewing it (send the ref to the screen). This was another scenario where that should have been done
Ange even flagged that up

They skip over it very quickly, and the "article" on the sky page shows the video with absolutely no comment on it.
Contrast that with Gary neville on the Romero one where he actively tries to get Romero sent off.

Deki kicked the ball 2 yards to where it should be taken before retreating
It’s double standards and poor officiating

In real time that challenge looks reckless and reactive, which it was

Remember var sent off Romero after reviewing it (send the ref to the screen). This was another scenario where that should have been done
Ange even flagged that up
Deki slowed down the game with that. He deserved a yellow.

On Romero/Dunk, they both could have been reds, I agree. But I'd argue Romero's is worse. He's higher for a start, he has never got control of the ball in the challenge and he's hitting the Chelsea player straight on. Dunk has control of the ball and hits Deki on the follow through after Deki comes in from the side. I'm not saying one is a red and one isn't - I could understand both being given - but I can also understand why Dunk hasn't gone.

They skip over it very quickly, and the "article" on the sky page shows the video with absolutely no comment on it.
Contrast that with Gary neville on the Romero one where he actively tries to get Romero sent off.
Ah come on, the headline literally calls it out, they have a video showing the incident, it wasn't at a pivotal point in the game and it wasn't a live game on Sky whereas the Chelsea game was. There's no agenda against us.

Ah come on, the headline literally calls it out, they have a video showing the incident, it wasn't at a pivotal point in the game and it wasn't a live game on Sky whereas the Chelsea game was. There's no agenda against us.
The headline asks a question, sky make no attempt to answer it.
It's difficult to argue some sky pundits don't have an agenda.

Deki slowed down the game with that. He deserved a yellow.

On Romero/Dunk, they both could have been reds, I agree. But I'd argue Romero's is worse. He's higher for a start, he has never got control of the ball in the challenge and he's hitting the Chelsea player straight on. Dunk has control of the ball and hits Deki on the follow through after Deki comes in from the side. I'm not saying one is a red and one isn't - I could understand both being given - but I can also understand why Dunk hasn't gone.
He doesn’t have control.. hence why Deki has it

Romero had control of the ball, hence how he cleared it without their player touching it.

Both IMO are the exact opposite of what you describe

Both are reds in the modern game where players who don’t have control can really hurt another player

I thought Baleba should have gone too, not long after he came on he studded the top if Udogie’s foot a yard off the floor.

He doesn’t have control.. hence why Deki has it

Romero had control of the ball, hence how he cleared it without their player touching it.

Both IMO are the exact opposite of what you describe

Both are reds in the modern game where players who don’t have control can really hurt another player
Watch them both. Romero takes a very heavy touch and the ball at best ends up as a 50:50 between his and the Chelsea player. He's not clearing it, he's making a lunge/bad tackle.

Dunk has control of the ball, takes a heavy touch, goes to actually clear it, Deki comes from the side and he catches him on the follow through.

Dunk has more control of the ball (his was a clearance, Romero's was a lunge at the ball), Dunk catches Deki lower than Romero caught the Chelsea lad and Deki comes in from the side whereas Romero's catches the Chelsea lad straight on.

Romero's is a worse challenge.

Watch them both. Romero takes a very heavy touch and the ball at best ends up as a 50:50 between his and the Chelsea player. He's not clearing it, he's making a lunge/bad tackle.

Dunk has control of the ball, takes a heavy touch, goes to actually clear it, Deki comes from the side and he catches him on the follow through.

Dunk has more control of the ball (his was a clearance, Romero's was a lunge at the ball), Dunk catches Deki lower than Romero caught the Chelsea lad and Deki comes in from the side whereas Romero's catches the Chelsea lad straight on.

Romero's is a worse challenge.
Romero kicked the ball first
dunk loses the ball then kicks the man

Dunk does catch him lower. That I can agree with. But dunk was studs up and not much of the ball

Reactions: jrh
Romero kicked the ball first
dunk loses the ball then kicks the man

Dunk does catch him lower. That I can agree with. But dunk was studs up and not much of the ball
We'll agree to disagree on whether Romero's challenge was worse.

I do also agree that Dunk could have gone by the way.

On a related point, the number of reds now is crazy and there are calls for reds for tackles that don't really have much intent behind them but are dangerous. There are a lot of games being ruined by the reds - is the approach worth persevering with in the hope that players correct their behaviour or should the threshold for a red be higher?

On a related point, the number of reds now is crazy and there are calls for reds for tackles that don't really have much intent behind them but are dangerous. There are a lot of games being ruined by the reds - is the approach worth persevering with in the hope that players correct their behaviour or should the threshold for a red be higher?
It’s just a lack of consistency
I’m fine with the reds if they treat everything the same
That’s the issue for fans mainly IMO
Hence my issue with dunk yesterday
We haven’t had many fouls against us that haven’t been wrongly treated TBF

I blame Gary Chuckle for that, he calls for red cards for any tackle.

Yeah he is crap so far. All eyes on Liverpool management and Klopp. They are quite ruthless in getting rid of players that don't meet expectations. A pity we didn't win the CL final when we met them. A side benefit of winning things is the ability to attract plenty of good players.
I think it's hilarious, and obvious manipulation/blunt man management, when Klopp was interviewed on Monday and blew smoke up Darwin's arse by saying something along the lines of "the misses don't bother me, just look at the assist". Klopp doesn't believe what he's saying, he's just defending his player which is fair enough - that's his job.

Fine and dandy in games where you're battering the opposition but when the chips are down in a tight game, the last person you want the ball falling to is Darwin Nunez.

I think it's hilarious, and obvious manipulation/blunt man management, when Klopp was interviewed on Monday and blew smoke up Darwin's arse by saying something along the lines of "the misses don't bother me, just look at the assist". Klopp doesn't believe what he's saying, he's just defending his player which is fair enough - that's his job.

Fine and dandy in games where you're battering the opposition but when the chips are down in a tight game, the last person you want the ball falling to is Darwin Nunez.

The issue for them is Nunez & Diaz are not the replacements expected for the previous front 3

Salah has been bailing them out, be interesting to see what happens with him out for AFCON

The issue for them is Nunez & Diaz are not the replacements expected for the previous front 3

Salah has been bailing them out, be interesting to see what happens with him out for AFCON

and when the inevitable silly offer from Saudi comes in again.

Back