• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I think it was reported Levy held a meeting with Rodgers. At time though when Redknapp had a job and it was unclear if he would go or not - precationary move around the England situation IMO.

Liverpool moved for Rodgers before we sacked Redknapp iirc. I think this is classic 2+2=5 stuff

LOL, I think if we wanted Rodgers, we would have got him. I wondered at the time why we were seemingly letting Rodgers go to Liverpool when it was clear we would be needing a manager, and absolutely no way if Rodgers was Levy's first choice was he going to sit back and let Liverpool poach him.

I think AVB was Levy's man all along although he probably did speak to Rodgers, I think he was just weighing up his options for the England scenario. Maybe Rodgers massive dossier didn't impress Levy that much?

LOL, I think if we wanted Rodgers, we would have got him. I wondered at the time why we were seemingly letting Rodgers go to Liverpool when it was clear we would be needing a manager, and absolutely no way if Rodgers was Levy's first choice was he going to sit back and let Liverpool poach him.

I think AVB was Levy's man all along although he probably did speak to Rodgers, I think he was just weighing up his options for the England scenario. Maybe Rodgers massive dossier didn't impress Levy that much?

Fair shout IMO. Ive no doubt we met with Rodgers, we did after all have a very unstable situation with our current manager and the FA (and court case!)

That doesnt mean for a second though we actually wanted him, rather we just sounded him out.

When Liverpool moved for him, were we interested I have no doubt we would have tried to get him first

Fair shout IMO. Ive no doubt we met with Rodgers, we did after all have a very unstable situation with our current manager and the FA (and court case!)

That doesnt mean for a second though we actually wanted him, rather we just sounded him out.

When Liverpool moved for him, were we interested I have no doubt we would have tried to get him first

And if it was a choice between Spurs - who had already made moves for him and shown they rated him (if they then went on to officially approach him), and who had finished top 4 with a far better squad more suited to his game with less expensive crap weighing down the squad - and Liverpool, then I think he would have chosen us. 'The enduring appeal', do me a favour. This enduring appeal that saw Siggy turn down this massive club AND his old manager in order to play for the better team. The guys that write and buy into those sort of articles really are a sad bunch.

I think I read somewhere that the meeting between Levy and Rodgers took place around the time of our match at WHL. That was on the 1st April. AVB was sacked on 4th March. So I think how it went is that Levy sounded out AVB after he was sacked by Chelsea, kept him ticking over. Then spoke to Rodgers to see if he could beat what AVB was offering. Since we seemingly happily let Rodgers go to Liverpool I think we wanted AVB all along. I hardly think after we let Harry go that we were thinking 'ok, let's call up Brendan and get him installed. What's that? He's gone to Liverpool? Ahh fudge - who else is there!?' Not to mention the fact that Levy apparently sounded out AVB while he was still at Porto but obviously we weren't going to get him at that time.

The lack of actual proper news about our own managerial candidates and the fact that at the start every paper had a different guy they were hanging their hat on shows they didn't have a clue, and I think that's because the decision had already been made at the top of the club. It was AVB all along.

I'm inclined to agree with that. Levy will have been looking for a manager since last summer, as the possibility of 'Arry leaving was always there (England job, jail, irreconcilable differences). AVB would have had stronger credentials last summer, but Rodgers would have been a more gettable alternative. Last season will have improved Rodgers' credentials, but AVB became more gettable. If AVB was the first choice all along, then his sacking by Chelsea after they bought out his Porto contract would have been manna from heaven.

However, I'm not sure Levy had made the decision to sack Redknapp. It's possible he was willing to give 'Arry a two year deal or a rolling contract like Fergie, but unwilling to go to 3-4 years. I suspect that, in hiring Stretford, 'Arry forced the issue and made his decision easy, end an uneasy relationship and install his favoured long-term replacement.

I dont think the enduring appeal of LFC counts for brick these days, its about wages and playing for the better team..

LFC the massive club they are havent been in the CL for 3 seasons now.

I honestly think there time as top dogs in the english game has gone now and gone for good, they will be lucky to be a top 6 team each season, they will become more of a cup team

They have Gerrard, Suarez who on their day are quality, Lucas has massively improved too in the past two years after that they dont have much worth shouting about at all

The look distinctly average at the minute Marky but dont ever discount their chances of climbing back up the ladder.

They are a huge club, with a huge fanbase - if they get their sh!t together they could take off again

The look distinctly average at the minute Marky but dont ever discount their chances of climbing back up the ladder.

They are a huge club, with a huge fanbase - if they get their sh!t together they could take off again

These two things dont get you points though and on the pitch they are woeful..

RAWK going on about Borrini, the same Borrinni who failed at CFC as a youngster then couldnt even get a game at Swansea on loan in the Championship

Im not worried about them challenging us as I havent been for the past 2 seasons

I realise on the field they arent up to much at this time, but thats not to say they wont be somewhere down the line.

All the while they have the fanbase they have they have the opportunity to grow and invest

I realise on the field they arent up to much at this time, but thats not to say they wont be somewhere down the line.

All the while they have the fanbase they have they have the opportunity to grow and invest

Each year they are not in the CL they are falling more and more behind, its been different with us as we are a team improving and on the up, they are not

I work with a guy who is a retread, bites his hand till it bleeds, stinks of BO and tinkle and has episodes of explosive rage, but is tolerated because of his brilliance with numbers. He supports Liverpool, he is almost 50, has no connection to the town, has never been to Anfield, and still talks of Liverpool as if they are the biggest club in the country. I always figured that this was a symptom of his retardation, but actually no, it's a symptom of allying himself with a club whom he assumed would dominate in perpetuity, but whose best days are now quarter of a century gone and are not coming back. Unfortunately mentioning Liverpool's latest defeat is one of the triggers for a days lunacy.

Might we will see the same thing with United fans in a decade.

As long as their owner's know what they're doing AND are willing to take some flak from the fans when thing's aren't going too well. Levy's been doing it for over 10 years now and though his plan has changed and evolved over time he's still just as determined to take us further.

Liverpool's oversea fan base is massive and will last for a generation of mediocrity unfortunately. I imagine only Utd has a bigger PL following worldwide. This gives them the ability bounce back from episodes like Kenny's recent reign unlike other clubs who wouldn't have the financial muscle to withstand a few seasons in the doldrums. At the moment their stock is low, as low as I can remember, but they'll be back again like a young slapper carrying your illegitimate child (#hardtoshake)

I work with a guy who is a retread, bites his hand till it bleeds, stinks of BO and tinkle and has episodes of explosive rage, but is tolerated because of his brilliance with numbers. He supports Liverpool, he is almost 50, has no connection to the town, has never been to Anfield, and still talks of Liverpool as if they are the biggest club in the country. I always figured that this was a symptom of his retardation, but actually no, it's a symptom of allying himself with a club whom he assumed would dominate in perpetuity, but whose best days are now quarter of a century gone and are not coming back. Unfortunately mentioning Liverpool's latest defeat is one of the triggers for a days lunacy.

Might we will see the same thing with United fans in a decade.

If it happens to United it will be because of their owners. Without them bleeding the club dry they'd have all the money they'd ever need to just buy players till they get it right. Their fans will become unbearably bitter.

Each year they are not in the CL they are falling more and more behind, its been different with us as we are a team improving and on the up, they are not

Thats my point, we were a "big" club with a "great fanbase" and were entrenched in 20 years of the dulldrums and yet look at us now. Given the potential we had, we started to realise it and are now the team to beat/watch.

That could easily be Liverpool turning things around.

Back