• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Variable speed cameras on the M1

I think I got flashed the other day from one of the gantry cameras between Jct 10 and 11, there was not a variable speed limit in operation and it was 4:50am so the road was clear. I didn't realise I was going so fast to be honest so its my fault. Anyway my understanding was that if there is no variable speed limit in force then the cameras didn't work. I was doing about 90 by the way.

Any ideas?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/

Visit this forum mate, follow the joining instructions and they will try and give you help provided you outline fully the incident. 90mph in a 70 is 3 points and probably a 3 figure fine. If the average limit was supposed to be 50 then your looking at a Court appearance im afraid. 6 points or a possible 7-56 day disqualification with a bigger fine going towards £500 depending on your weekly income. Obviously if you can prove that the average speed limit was signed or was done so incorrectly then you have a good chance of getting a not guilty verdict but it might be a question of pleading guilty and trying to limit the damage with a nice statement to the judge.

Last edited:
Youre correct, just googled it as I didnt trust you haha. It used to be 97 im sure.

The clean licence may have helped but also the time will im sure also help. Doing 94mph at 5.30am is very different from 5.30pm

Time of the day, weather, visability have nothing to do with it when you get the initial summons or fixed penalty. Its a range based on the speed and limit. Using time of day, weather, visability, clean licence are only any good really if you have been summonsed and want to try and make an impression with the judge and even then you still have to show contrition and accept that even with those factors in your favour that it was a silly thing to do. Either that or antagonise the Judge into believing that you think you shouldn't have been charged at all.

Hi William Gallas,
i have got flashed on M1(J13-J12) TOWARDS SOUTHBOUND, can you please tell me what happened after that . do you attended court or speeding fine or any fine .
waiting for your reply.
Thanks and Regards
vinikaya
I think I got flashed the other day from one of the gantry cameras between Jct 10 and 11, there was not a variable speed limit in operation and it was 4:50am so the road was clear. I didn't realise I was going so fast to be honest so its my fault. Anyway my understanding was that if there is no variable speed limit in force then the cameras didn't work. I was doing about 90 by the way.

Any ideas?

Back