• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

So you cant point to where you want the ball?

Come on now lets not be silly here, he is pointing where he wants the ball, if you cant do that at risk of breaking the so called rules then the game has gone, I dont care if its VAR the rules, how they are applied or whatever you want to call it, this is becoming my favourite buttplug far greater than before VAR existed
I don’t disagree with your logic but at least this is one rule that var is being used for consistently
It’s daft and the tech isn’t fit for purpose but it’s the same for everyone

To my mind they have taken the rules too literally, and are changing them to try and fit the system. Most of the debatable decisions have been around handballs and offsides. Too many offside calls are being made on micro measurements which really are too close to call and to my mind should not be reviewed. I didnt think there was much of a problem with how handball was judged before VAR other than weak officals ready to award them due to pressure. It's very rare for a player to deliberately handle the ball as it usually ensures a goal and possibly a card. Unfortunately we have this system and nobody running football is ever going to admit it's not being managed properly.

To my mind they have taken the rules too literally, and are changing them to try and fit the system. Most of the debatable decisions have been around handballs and offsides. Too many offside calls are being made on micro measurements which really are too close to call and to my mind should not be reviewed. I didnt think there was much of a problem with how handball was judged before VAR other than weak officals ready to award them due to pressure. It's very rare for a player to deliberately handle the ball as it usually ensures a goal and possibly a card. Unfortunately we have this system and nobody running football is ever going to admit it's not being managed properly.

Haha spot on

Let's take the rules and change them to fit the system which was implemented to improve the game.

The game was a hell of a lot better without this in my opinion

And handballs abs offsides were things they were right about the most before var
Offsides they were right 98.8% of the time
It’s bonkers and over kill

Imagine the conversation when they presented this

Yeh so we have a system which is going to improve implementing the rules in the game BUT we are gonna have to change the rules for it to work AND when we do implement the new rules things like pointing where you want the ball will be deemed offside and make the game look a joke AND we are going to look at videos for other decisions in slow time and still make mistakes so we wont actually do what we say we are going to.....you interested

Yeh, sign me up

That is the short of it, the system or how it is used has not done what its meant to have and its actually making a mockery of the game in such a way we are slowing the game to view the mockery...its ultimate in brickhousery

Why don't the officials work with clubs and players on these types of issues
It seems it's always my way or the high way
How on earth is that donk Mike Reilly who was a terrible ref now head of the PL refs, a failure in his job now the head of that job, ridiculous

And handballs abs offsides were things they were right about the most before var
Offsides they were right 98.8% of the time
It’s bonkers and over kill

I disagree, they were almost never right about handball before, under the old rules it was almost impossible to commit handball, yet you’d get one or two every game. It used to drive me mad.

I agree that its being implemented badly by incompetent officials, but the alternative, is to return to where we were before VAR, knowing officials were making mistakes and doing absolutely nothing to fix it, and that is wholly unacceptable.

I disagree, they were almost never right about handball before, under the old rules it was almost impossible to commit handball, yet you’d get one or two every game. It used to drive me mad.

I agree that its being implemented badly by incompetent officials, but the alternative, is to return to where we were before VAR, knowing officials were making mistakes and doing absolutely nothing to fix it, and that is wholly unacceptable.
I’m going on how they reported whether they were right
They were very rarely wrong

intent was key in the old rules
They changed the rules to suit VAR

Yeah, thats what I'm saying, intent was key, but in most awarded handballs there wasn't the calculated act required for intent.

I'm not against changing the rules to make it easier for the officials to not make mistakes.

Yeah, thats what I'm saying, intent was key, but in most awarded handballs there wasn't the calculated act required for intent.

I'm not against changing the rules to make it easier for the officials to not make mistakes.
You can’t prove intent but from my memory the refs rarely gave ones like we see now

Back