• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

In my opinion, it's a case of a subjective view in a definitive ruling...

Was VDV in offside positon when Porro struck the ball - Yes, therefore he was offside.

However, where is became subjective is whether Tomiyasu deliberately played the ball or whether it was a deflection. If a deliberate action then it's a new 'phase' and where VDV is standing when Porro kick it becomes irrelevant. The second touch y Gabriel is a deflection. Therefore, to be given offside the VAR officials have deemed the first touch was accidental.
It's a stupid rule, which adds to the confusion. What's a "deliberate action"?

I think it's fair to say Tomiyasu deliberately tried to position himself to prevent Porro's shot from hitting the target. I'm sure he also deliberately moved his leg to block the shot. That's two deliberate actions. He probably didn't mean for the ball to fall to VDV, but it did as a result of at least two deliberate actions - or so you could argue.

It was much simpler back when you were onside if the ball came from an opponent.

Would certainly seem bizarre if true. Then add in the obvious penalty we did get, that he initially declined to give, and is it any wonder there are then conspiracy theories.

He gave it as soon as he saw the reply to be fair.

It’s not conspiracy, it’s not even incompetence, the game is impossible to officiate without video replay, it’s too quick and there is too much going on.

He gave it as soon as he saw the reply to be fair.

It’s not conspiracy, it’s not even incompetence, the game is impossible to officiate without video replay, it’s too quick and there is too much going on.
It is very quick and there is an awful lot going on. However, in this case, Rice launched a full blooded kick that missed the ball and smashed Davies between the legs. It happened approx 4 yards from Oliver, who was looking directly at it. If that’s neither conspiracy nor incompetence, then what is it?

It is very quick and there is an awful lot going on. However, in this case, Rice launched a full blooded kick that missed the ball and smashed Davies between the legs. It happened approx 4 yards from Oliver, who was looking directly at it. If that’s neither conspiracy nor incompetence, then what is it?
And oliver obviously seen it as he emphatically waved it away, there was absolutely no doubt in his mind that was not a pen.
Take that with the refusal to look at kulus trip and that's a bad day at anyone's office.

And oliver obviously seen it as he emphatically waved it away, there was absolutely no doubt in his mind that was not a pen.
Take that with the refusal to look at kulus trip and that's a bad day at anyone's office.
If the above posts about ‘refusing’ to take VARs advice to look at the monitor are true, it’s far beyond ‘a bad day at the office’. Unless you’re a pilot and you fly your office into a mountain. I’m genuinely worried about the integrity of the officiating and therefore of the game.

Reactions: jrh
If the above posts about ‘refusing’ to take VARs advice to look at the monitor are true, it’s far beyond ‘a bad day at the office’. Unless you’re a pilot and you fly your office into a mountain. I’m genuinely worried about the integrity of the officiating and therefore of the game.
I find it difficult to believe that the game is corrupt to that level, but I can totally see why it looks like it.

I would suggest scrapping the ‘clear and obvious error’ part. That’s another layer of human interpretation. If it’s an error by the ref, like the trip on Deki v Arse, it’s an error. VAR should intervene and at the least make the ref go to the monitor.
I’d suggest scrapping on the field refs

Highlight of the coverage was VAR repeatedly showing Davies getting kicked in the nuts. So stupid, like you needed to see that five times.

Back