• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Unsolicited Callers At The Door

Gordinho

Banned
I'll give anyone the time of day, they're only trying to earn a living after all, but when they refuse to accept a polite no for an answer and become an irritant what's the best way to move them on. Preferably something as irritating to them as they have just become to me but within the law (even if only just within the law).

This is not as bad as the phone calls i get from 3.

For the first month i just ignored their calls, but they were calling me 3-5 times a day.

I got to the point where i had had enough, so i rang them and got an automatic message, and i opted out.

However this one person continued to call me, i gave them one chance, but they rang yet again. So i answered the phone and absolutely BATTERED them, told them if they continued to call me, id do them for harassment. They guy pn the phone had the fudging cheek to say 'sir, im just trying to do my job, i wouldnt need to harass you if you just listen to the offer'

Couldnt fudging believe what i was hearing...i got his name, reported him to three, and told them he was the reason why i was cancelling my contract with them.

Try doing your job now, ****

Sounds a bit like British Gas when they kept calling me. Eventually I decided I'd actually listen. Usual brick - "Why don't you go dual fuel with us? We can save you money."

I told them I'd done my calculations and was better off the way I was doing it. Cheeky cow on the other end had the front to say - "Yes, but those are just your calculations. We're British Gas."

That wound me right up. I almost blew my top. Basically told her they'd better take me off their calling list 'cos I didn't want to hear from them again. Ever.

Bingo.

No more calls from British Gas.

As for doorstep callers - we're lucky not to get too many. 'Round our way you just have to politely declined and they bugger off to annoy somebody else.

We have a sign on our door saying "No cold callers. We do not buy goods or services at the door". Saw it on an episode of watchdog, apparently its against the law for them to knock on your door if the sign is visible. Not had any problems since it went up.

Place a trapdoor under your doormat that leads down into an arena with a massive Jabba the Hutt guard eating thing.

When you get Jehovahs witnesses at the door, invite them in, they look fudging shocked I tell you.

But then make your excuses and close the door

My wife had a guy actually put his foot in the door once when she was home alone, he soon changed his mind when our English Bull Terrier appeared with her heckles up and barking. Oh how I wish I had been home, ****.

Back