• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

He would be smashing them in
But the step up to men’s football means he needs games
He didn’t get them at Ipswich and at Portsmouth they changed managers
Maybe with his lack of football he could ho off to one of the summer league like Sweden.

Give him a few weeks off no games for us pre season then another lower league loan.

Really think we need a feeder club.

Devine starts and Plymouth are leading, coincidence….?!
No.

I've just turned on the Norwich v Plymouth game and in the 10mins I've watched Devine was 2yds behind his man on a corner and Norwich equalised...then he was booked for diving trying to win a penalty...and Philips has just scored an own goal to put Norwich 2-1 up!

Now both have been subbed.

:)

No.

I've just turned on the Norwich v Plymouth game and in the 10mins I've watched Devine was 2yds behind his man on a corner and Norwich equalised...then he was booked for diving trying to win a penalty...and Philips has just scored an own goal to put Norwich 2-1 up!

Now both have been subbed.

:)
Ohh…

No.

Now both have been

The whole point of loans is to get experience, let them make mistake and learn from them.

The whole point of loans is to get experience, let them make mistake and learn from them.
My post was more about the irony of turning on at that moment and all that happening in a short space of time.

I do think I'm a bit of a jinxer sometimes.

I wouldn't like to count the amount of times I've jumped onto a Goon game when it looks like they're in for a beating and then they turn it round as soon as I start watching.

My post was more about the irony of turning on at that moment and all that happening in a short space of time.

I wouldn't like to count the amount of times I've jumped onto a Goon game when it looks like they're in for a beating and then they turn it round as soon as I start watching.

I know exactly how you feel, I have the same problem with Test cricket, whenever I've got up early or have returned home I appear to turn on TV to see England lose a wicket or two.

I had the same feeling with Spurs games last season. Had to remind myself that it truly wasn't within my control.

We've got to do better with loans. Maybe say if he plays we pay his wages for that week. If he doesn't you do.

I don't see any self respecting club / manager agreeing to that. Getting pressure from above to play a stop gap signing? I don't see how that would be a healthy situation, players who have signed long term contracts with the club ousted by loanees due to financial incentives, it's not a good look.

There's no obligation for Sevilla to start Veliz and the manager's only aim is to do what's best for the team. Sometimes it just doesn't work out, I've no idea if who is currently starting is better than Veliz but that's what the manager is seeing in training. I bet that sometimes loan players being brought in lights a fire under the arses of those already at the club, it's a challenge to keep them out of the team.

It's not the end of the world with Veliz obviously, but we would've hoped for a more productive loan spell so far. Even with hindsight being 20/20 i would have thought it better to go to somewhere in England to help integration with the culture/ language, possibly championship but I imagine there were reasons why Seville seemed a good destination.

I love how a player does 1 decent thing in a game and these stupid social media pages talk as if they are the next Maldini, Zidane, Messi.

Plymouth lose again after Devine and Phillips start, Devine got sent off for a second red on 78 mins.

They're at real risk of relegation now. :worried:

Back