• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Troy Parrott

I'd have him on the bench every game and throw him on for 5 10 mins. I reckon what Everton did with Rooney. He has the skills and mindset. Sometimes special players can just get stuck in straight away and be a success.

Is that better for his development than a season of starts for the U23's and the odd first team cup game?

I just watched that video and you're right. If he trains with Kane all season and studies him he has a good future with us. 17 too! How annoyed would the goons be that we've possibly home grown through 2 worldies. OK won't get carried away but isn't he ahead of Kane when he was at that age? Kane was quite a late developer wasn't he.
Early on in his development Kane was considered slow and somewhat overweight, and his career also stalled a bit later on, notably in loan spells to Norwich and Leicester around the ages of 19 and 20, but at Parrot's current age Kane was scoring plenty and extremely highly regarded by our coaches.

But what's really interesting is that Kane's scoring record at Parrot's age is uncannily similar to Troy's, with Harry actually having the slightest of edges over our latest youth prospect.

Because our Harry had scored 18 goals in 22 appearances for Tottenham U18s when he was 16 to 17, whilst Parrot has scored 17 goals in 22 appearances for Tottenham in the U18 Premier League and Premier League 2 teams combined at a similar age.

Make of that what you will! ;)

It depends on what squad we have. If we play 4-2-3-1 and have 6 spots in the match-day 18 for the front 4 positions, then depending on who we sign and injuries, he might have 6 senior players ahead of him for half the games say.

I dont see why we couldnt trust him in all the domestic cup games (for the 18 man squad that is)

Whether we would go into the new season with just Kane, Son and Parrott as CF options though....thats a big call

If we sign anyone, he's not getting on. As it is, is Poch going to send on Parrott over Moura or Lamela?

Is that better for his development than a season of starts for the U23's and the odd first team cup game?
Not sure. What I mean is that I think if you did start using him as a sub then he'd probably score in his first 4 games so could then get the odd start in some games and/or become a regular. A bit like how Kane got involved.

That said he's never going to start ahead of Kane so can you use him with? Did he start with Kane today?

Early on in his development Kane was considered slow and somewhat overweight, and his career also stalled a bit later on, notably in loan spells to Norwich and Leicester around the ages of 19 and 20, but at Parrot's current age Kane was scoring plenty and extremely highly regarded by our coaches.

But what's really interesting is that Kane's scoring record at Parrot's age is uncannily similar to Troy's, with Harry actually having the slightest of edges over our latest youth prospect.

Because our Harry had scored 18 goals in 22 appearances for Tottenham U18s when he was 16 to 17, whilst Parrot has scored 17 goals in 22 appearances for Tottenham in the U18 Premier League and Premier League 2 teams combined at a similar age.

Make of that what you will! ;)
I do vividly remember watchung Kane play for Norwich against arsenal and being one on one with the keeper and he was slow as fudge and looked awful. I remember saying to my bro he would never make it as a top footballer. He was 19 then and slow and also didn't look that tall but he must have had a massive growth spurt and somehow got some speed. The rest is history and that is one of the many times I've been proven wrong!

Not sure. What I mean is that I think if you did start using him as a sub then he'd probably score in his first 4 games so could then get the odd start in some games and/or become a regular. A bit like how Kane got involved.

That said he's never going to start ahead of Kane so can you use him with? Did he start with Kane today?

My question is, what is better for his development, 90 minutes for the U23's or 5 minutes for the first team?

I'd definitely start him in the league cup, that's different from sitting on the bench for PL games and missing out on playing for the U23's.
Agreed, that was kind of my point too.

Despite his reputation we know that Poch can be surprisingly cautious when it comes to giving promising youngsters their heads at the highest level. Witness how reluctant he was to help a rampant 21yo Kane breakthrough into our PL starting line-up.

Harry had been banging them in regularly in the Europa and Capital One cups as well as for the England U21s at a time when both Adebayor and Soldado had been firing painful blanks for months and months on end.

On that basis alone, how much less likely is he to promote to the PL starting XI an unproven 17yo to what is now a far more accomplished and free-scoring top four team?

Troy still has a long, long way to go, but saying that here's hoping it doesn't take him quite as long as it did our Harry.

Possibly a lot less, Poch arrived just as Kane was breaking through and maybe Poch didn't know a great deal about him. Poch has now been here a while and has seen Parrot come through the youth ranks and like Shipp he may not be too averse to dropping him in to the senior team for a few games against "lesser" opponents.

Things that stand out for me watching him...

He looks about 22 physically
He plays with his head up and has a real awareness of the play
He ha shown he knows what decisions to make e.g, passing and shooting

That’s a hell of a maturity for his age

Having watched a fair bit of youth football he is way better than the likes of Solanke and Abraham we’re at that age and Kane too (although I didn’t see much of him at 17)

What's he like at flobbing down the front of his shirt?

My question is, what is better for his development, 90 minutes for the U23's or 5 minutes for the first team?

Maybe he’ll play for U23s but get called up to first team squad if / when we have a couple of injuries to attacking players? Didn’t Skipp chop and change like that a bit last season?

Back