• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Troy Parrott

If he doesn’t get a chance I really worry for what our plans are for the youth players

He has had two good loan experiences now

Not sure I agree mate

- Parrott will probably get preseason (unless an offer is already on the table that the player wants)
- Kane (the obvious one), Mason, Winks, KWP, Skipp, Tangana, many others, all got their shots in/around the first team (up to them)
- Udogie & Sarr show we have no issue with playing very young players

Truth is Parrott is not only facing competition from first 11 (Richi plus whoever we bring in), he has youth players in front and behind him
- Scarlett (scored 5 in 2 games for England youth teams) & Veliz (better regarded) are probably the ones in front
- Donley, Lankshear, Moore chasing for a spot as well

He's struggled for form and with injuries over the years, if he's got a place that he's going to get game time (and we get cash and/or decent sell on clause), he should take it.

Not sure I agree mate

- Parrott will probably get preseason (unless an offer is already on the table that the player wants)
- Kane (the obvious one), Mason, Winks, KWP, Skipp, Tangana, many others, all got their shots in/around the first team (up to them)
- Udogie & Sarr show we have no issue with playing very young players

Truth is Parrott is not only facing competition from first 11 (Richi plus whoever we bring in), he has youth players in front and behind him
- Scarlett (scored 5 in 2 games for England youth teams) & Veliz (better regarded) are probably the ones in front
- Donley, Lankshear, Moore chasing for a spot as well

He's struggled for form and with injuries over the years, if he's got a place that he's going to get game time (and we get cash and/or decent sell on clause), he should take it.
He has had two brilliant loans that really mirror what Kane did and we have people (myself included) thinking that the youth should come through quickly whilst ignoring what what we may already have

The reason why these loans are great is that it taught him men’s football

Scoring at youth football isn’t the same (Scarlett, Lankshear etc…) and he is okaying wide forwards as much now rather than just CF. You also mention player getting the chances earlier but in reality only winks and Tanganga got any time without going on loan and neither were good enough

He is in the top 8 for gaols and assist per 90 on that league playing for a poor side and out performs players like bakayoko who I know some fans would love… I look at him and think if we didn’t have him he is exactly the kind of prospect we would be talking about picking up.

He has had two brilliant loans that really mirror what Kane did and we have people (myself included) thinking that the youth should come through quickly whilst ignoring what what we may already have

The reason why these loans are great is that it taught him men’s football

Scoring at youth football isn’t the same (Scarlett, Lankshear etc…) and he is okaying wide forwards as much now rather than just CF. You also mention player getting the chances earlier but in reality only winks and Tanganga got any time without going on loan and neither were good enough

He is in the top 8 for gaols and assist per 90 on that league playing for a poor side and out performs players like bakayoko who I know some fans would love… I look at him and think if we didn’t have him he is exactly the kind of prospect we would be talking about picking up.
Will be interesting to see what happens with him in preseason.

I'm not sure he would be a good fit wide for us?

Haven't seen him play out on loan, but what you're saying makes sense and seems like reason for some optimism on him.

Though I think worry about our plans for young players is a step too far if he doesn't get that chance. Could be a lot of good reasons for that if it ends up being the case. If those kind of things end up being a pattern (again) with multiple young players I'd agree that there's reasons for concern.

Will be interesting to see what happens with him in preseason.

I'm not sure he would be a good fit wide for us?

Haven't seen him play out on loan, but what you're saying makes sense and seems like reason for some optimism on him.

Though I think worry about our plans for young players is a step too far if he doesn't get that chance. Could be a lot of good reasons for that if it ends up being the case. If those kind of things end up being a pattern (again) with multiple young players I'd agree that there's reasons for concern.
It’s more that game time is key
On loan or here
Of we give him some pre season and sell him… that’s positive
If he turns out great and we keep him… brilliant
If we don’t even try him that’s a worry for me

It’s more that game time is key
On loan or here
Of we give him some pre season and sell him… that’s positive
If he turns out great and we keep him… brilliant
If we don’t even try him that’s a worry for me
Can't imagine keeping him around without a plan to give him game time at least will happen. Most likely Ange will have a look at him during preseason and then make a decision.

It's a very slim chance to get from the youth team, to being a regular member of of the first team. I had a friend who was in the coaching staff at Hertha Berlin a few years ago. They had a B-team and 60-80 players between 16 and 20. If ONE of them eventually came trough into the first team, every 2 years or so, that was considered a success!

Richy yes, but why are you so sure that Scarlett is ahead of him, I just wondered. It is not like Scarlett has scored a lot of goals while on loan.

Well i am not sure but he is a couple of years younger to start with. Also i hope we are going to sign a first team striker this summer and if we do i doubt we will keep both Scarlett and Parrott. I guess time will tell.

It's a very slim chance to get from the youth team, to being a regular member of of the first team. I had a friend who was in the coaching staff at Hertha Berlin a few years ago. They had a B-team and 60-80 players between 16 and 20. If ONE of them eventually came trough into the first team, every 2 years or so, that was considered a success!

Spurs actually turns out a decent ratio of Championship/PL level players

Your 80 into 1 or 2 isn't even considering, this isn't about making it, it's about making it at a top 6 club in the PL.

lots of young english players introduced this season especially for pool, man u and chelsea (for various reasons)
I've been most impressed with man u and liverpool debutants - young and fearless they don't look as nervous as ours do.
chelsea is a totally different story that's not worth discussing.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premi...?saisonIdVon=2023&saison_id=2023&option=profi j

View attachment 17170
Ours look nervous??? none of ours have even had a start.

Well i am not sure but he is a couple of years younger to start with. Also i hope we are going to sign a first team striker this summer and if we do i doubt we will keep both Scarlett and Parrott. I guess time will tell.
I agree we need a new striker, but for the rest, yes, only time will tell

Just seen that the Ajax player Brobbey is now being linked with Arsenal … as their new main striker if they can’t get Isak
Why am I raising it in this thread.. well statically he is just … just marginally ahead of Troy who played for a much weaker side

Just seen that the Ajax player Brobbey is now being linked with Arsenal … as their new main striker if they can’t get Isak
Why am I raising it in this thread.. well statically he is just … just marginally ahead of Troy who played for a much weaker side

Arsenal and Arteta do seem to have a real blind spot when it comes to strikers....weird...

Arsenal and Arteta do seem to have a real blind spot when it comes to strikers....weird...

He's still playing 2017 Pep's City, false 9, rotating front line, hence the line of players like Jesus (or Sterling)

Funny part is the player that best suited that era of Pep's style then and what Arteta is looking for is Son.

Back