• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Troy Deeney

Try naming a player that played in the lower leagues til 25 in any team finishing in the top 4. Grant Holt and Ricky Lambert arent good enough for our standard.
And there was a raft of posters claiming we wouldn't sign Soldado at the price we did because of his age.

If we desperately need a cheap backup striker we could get Kevin Doyle for 2m. I doubt Deeney is as good as him.

I do like Doyle doubt we could get him at that price. You mention Lambert and Holt aren't at our standard but I would argue that either of them would do well in any top 4 side as a good reserve option. There is a difference between not being good enough and not given the chance. I would bet both of them would have more goals and contributed more to overall play then say Danny Welbeck if given the opportunity.

No BAE is a bit of a badass. Troy Deeney is a scumbag who kicked the brick of a guy who had already been knocked to the ground by one of his mates.

So, you're saying he's good with both feet and is a team player.

Like I said in the rest of my post, just put him on a behaviour-conditional contract. You're not gonna get a second Soldado-type striker to play a back-up role. He'll be affordable and keen as mustard to hit the big time and ready to play nice to stay with a club like Spurs, close-by to where he's already playing.

I know little about him other than the hype and he is powerful.
If he gives us option to win games, theb great.
Defoe as one type of backup (flat track bully, will score goals, especially from 1ards)
Dreeeney as the other type. Gets in there and disrupts the opposition defence, asking them different questions and hopefully creating mistakes.

One things we have massively lacked for years is a plan b.
Esp against the tough, struggling sides, that park the bus.

Back