• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Travel 'claustrophobia'

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Does anyone ever suffer from this? What I mean is that you get crowded trains/boats/planes etc and everyone is just yammering on about brick, and it just feels uncomfortable sitting there, no way to get away from the noise when all you want to do is enjoy your own peace. I settled down to watch a film online but ](*,) impossible with so much noise around me; either the volume is too high in which it is ridiculous or the mood of the film is spoiled by people chatting brick all around me...

And yes, the answer probably is some very good noise cancelling headphones but just how good are they really? Do they drown out crowd noise? All I want to do is get home in as much peace as possible.

Oh and yes, I'm in my early 30s so I must be turning in to an old git.

Im not good on the the tube lately, had a few times where ive had a bit of a panic attack and had to get the tube instead

I get this with buses only cos its full of dumb, smelly and noisy rodents with their kids n brick.

I've taken to only wanting to travel on quiet double decker buses and, because there are quite a few buses that pass through my area, have actually deliberately missed single decker busy buses before to try to wait for a double decker to arrive so that it would be more likely that there would be more quiet and more space to myself.

There are a few good bus apps on android actually (no doubt iphone too) I didn't get on a bus the other day as it told me there was another 1 minute behind and hey presto! got on the empty bus as everyone else at the stop got the first one.

Will tell you how far away your double decker is so you can guage if it's actually worth waiting.

There are a few good bus apps on android actually (no doubt iphone too) I didn't get on a bus the other day as it told me there was another 1 minute behind and hey presto! got on the empty bus as everyone else at the stop got the first one.

Will tell you how far away your double decker is so you can guage if it's actually worth waiting.

any recomendations for Android apps?

i have pretty much ruled out working in London now as the commute from here is so horrible and crowded - just cant deal with it and started getting panick attacks

any recomendations for Android apps?

i have pretty much ruled out working in London now as the commute from here is so horrible and crowded - just cant deal with it and started getting panick attacks

You can just go on the TfL website and type in the stop or route no and do it that way. Can also add certain stops to a favourites list. Just bookmark that site and its just as good as any app.

Bus Master is one but I think I prefer Bus Checker

They take the info from the TFL site apparently and P.D. is right, you can just do it on the TFL website.

I like the GPS functionality of Bus Checker. Will find the nearest stops to you.

Last edited:
I 100% recommend finding some sort of music which can distract your mind from clicking into the human electricity/bustle/flimflam of big city commute world. But I empathize 100%...no time for it...

Back