• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Travel advice for the West Ham game

Richlee81

Steven Pienaar
Alright lads,

I'm after some advice really. I'm going to the Lane for the first time this season on Sunday and travelling from South Wales. I've always driven to the Lane on match days previously but this is my first time staying overnight. I've booked a hotel room at the Enfield Premier Inn for the Saturday night and will travel to the game from there on Sunday.

Are there any problems getting to the ground from Enfield and / or what is the best advice to get there? Any ideas on how much time we need to get to the ground?

Thanks in advance.

10 minutes on the train from Enfield Town to White Hart Lane station. Shouldn't be too busy going to/from that direction. Or you'll probably be able to get a bus to the stadium too

Alright lads,

I'm after some advice really. I'm going to the Lane for the first time this season on Sunday and travelling from South Wales. I've always driven to the Lane on match days previously but this is my first time staying overnight. I've booked a hotel room at the Enfield Premier Inn for the Saturday night and will travel to the game from there on Sunday.

Are there any problems getting to the ground from Enfield and / or what is the best advice to get there? Any ideas on how much time we need to get to the ground?

Thanks in advance.

Are you driving to the ground from the hotel and then drivihng back to Wales right after the game or leaving your car at the hotel and going to and from the ground by train?

Are you driving to the ground from the hotel and then drivihng back to Wales right after the game or leaving your car at the hotel and going to and from the ground by train?

Leaving the car at the hotel and going to and from the game via whatever public transport is best. Then back to the hotel after the game and driving back to Wales Sunday for work the next day.

Leaving the car at the hotel and going to and from the game via whatever public transport is best. Then back to the hotel after the game and driving back to Wales Sunday for work the next day.

Nearest train station is about 10m walk from hotel (Enfield Lock) through the Industrial Aprk, but iirc they dont stop at Northumberland Park on a Sunday. Best check at reception on check-in.
Might be best driving from the hotel and parking up near the ground, then drive straight home after the game. If you do allow around 30-35mins to get to the ground. Tends to get a bit busy on Mollison Road as you get near the Ikea/Sainsburys

Nearest train station is about 10m walk from hotel (Enfield Lock) through the Industrial Aprk, but iirc they dont stop at Northumberland Park on a Sunday. Best check at reception on check-in.
Might be best driving from the hotel and parking up near the ground, then drive straight home after the game. If you do allow around 30-35mins to get to the ground. Tends to get a bit busy on Mollison Road as you get near the Ikea/Sainsburys

Thanks so much for the advice :) Can't fcuking wait for this but I'm worried about two things...

1.) Gallas playing
2.) Playing Defoe up front on his own. We have really struggled playing that way at home so far this season.

Anyway, that's for another thread :) COYS!!!

I'm bringing all 3 of them with me and they'll be hanging off the upper east stand! Only joking, I don't like to admit I'm welsh unless I have to for legal reasons :) The crowd around me will know I'm welsh from my singing / shouting and I have no doubt I'll be told to 'shut the fcuk up sheep shagg3r' :lol:

Engineering works are seriously screwing with my weekend plans again? Also thinking we might even have to drive Sunday and not drink ... What's up with that!?

Can't they do what they need to do overnight?

Engineering works are seriously screwing with my weekend plans again? Also thinking we might even have to drive Sunday and not drink ... What's up with that!?

Can't they do what they need to do overnight?

I dont know if I'm being sceptical, but do they ever do engineering works when Arsenal have a home game. Not that we get the train ourselves, but it seems every home game we have, I seem to read an article saying there are engineering works

Usually before West Ham games they tell Spurs fans to get off at Bruce Grove or something because of West Ham's scummy reputation.

From Enfield I'd definitely be getting the train down :)

According to nationalrail.co.uk trains are every half hour on 2 mins and 32 mins past the hour.
Takes 7-8 minutes and costs £6.50.
Well worth it to involve the aggro involved in driving, and it's a million times easier getting away from WHL by catching a train north than south.

From Enfield it looks a doddle to get on the M25 and they you're away :)

According to nationalrail.co.uk trains are every half hour on 2 mins and 32 mins past the hour.
Takes 7-8 minutes and costs £6.50.
Well worth it to involve the aggro involved in driving, and it's a million times easier getting away from WHL by catching a train north than south.

From Enfield it looks a doddle to get on the M25 and they you're away :)

Bargain fare cost that isnt it, £1 a minute haha

I'm bringing all 3 of them with me and they'll be hanging off the upper east stand! Only joking, I don't like to admit I'm welsh unless I have to for legal reasons :) The crowd around me will know I'm welsh from my singing / shouting and I have no doubt I'll be told to 'shut the fcuk up sheep shagg3r' :lol:

What part of Taffy land your from,i rarely use the car now when i go up,too expensive,use the old school of national express,sometimes get an £18 fare for a 400 mile round journey then get a £7 tube card for a 12 mile round journey !!!!!

According to nationalrail.co.uk trains are every half hour on 2 mins and 32 mins past the hour

From Enfield Town.... that is about 5 miles drive from where he is! It is 8 miles to Tottenham! Enfield is a big 'ol borough. As someone said above, Enfield Lock station would be the better bet but no idea about the trains from there on a Sunday matchday.

What part of Taffy land your from,i rarely use the car now when i go up,too expensive,use the old school of national express,sometimes get an £18 fare for a 400 mile round journey then get a £7 tube card for a 12 mile round journey !!!!!
[-X [-X [-X Peter Herbert has his eye on you. ;)

From Enfield Town.... that is about 5 miles drive from where he is! It is 8 miles to Tottenham! Enfield is a big 'ol borough. As someone said above, Enfield Lock station would be the better bet but no idea about the trains from there on a Sunday matchday.

the info I quoted WAS from Enfield Lock ;)

I'm from Port Talbot mate. That trip sounds good but I'm going up tomorrow night

Cheers for the advice guys. Looks like we'll walk to Enfield lock and get a train down from there :)

Back