• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

@LesMedley , I suspect you have mis read my intention.

Gutter Boy was speaking in absolutes, as he likes to, in that we cant buy anyone until we have shifted off Jansen and Co.

That is simply not true, IMO.

Ive stated numerous times, it is not my preference in any way to have to not name players in the squads and have them rot - but that if it came down to a choice of doing that and signing quality to improve the team, or not doing that and missing out - then they must rot. Simple as that.

It is, really, a fairly extreme situation, and (as Ive also stated) the chances are most likely we would be able to offload unwanted players (even if only on loan) and avoid it.

Jansen in the U23s doesnt effect squad harmony. He isnt in the squad. He basically doesnt exist. That whole argument is a non starter (as evidenced by the situation already being realised, if you hadnt noticed).

If we add NKoudou to that (another I think it likely we could at least loan out), then so be it. Yes, I doubt he will like it. And yes, just as with Jansen, I doubt it will be an issue for anyone else.

I havent made comment on the money, others have. My only view was that paying Jansens wages the rest of the season, if it came to it, wouldnt be significant enough to prevent any transfers happening.
The only reason that Jansen is playing with the Under-23's is because he is a danger to squad morale for whatever reason. This is a standard routine for trouble makers. Indeed it has happened to Rabiot, who you were originally arguing we should sign. If you think that Jansen's current situation within the club is not a problem then I'd suggest that you disagree with Jansen, his agent, Pochettino, his senior coaching team and Daniel Levy. The situation has been realised by all these people (and me) as a problem. But clearly not you.
"I havent made comment on the money, others have. My only view was that paying Jansens wages the rest of the season, if it came to it, wouldnt be significant enough to prevent any transfers happening." So you haven't made a comment about the money, except to comment on the money. Brilliant.
This is my last comment on this matter, as I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

The only reason that Jansen is playing with the Under-23's is because he is a danger to squad morale for whatever reason. This is a standard routine for trouble makers. Indeed it has happened to Rabiot, who you were originally arguing we should sign. If you think that Jansen's current situation within the club is not a problem then I'd suggest that you disagree with Jansen, his agent, Pochettino, his senior coaching team and Daniel Levy. The situation has been realised by all these people (and me) as a problem. But clearly not you.
"I havent made comment on the money, others have. My only view was that paying Jansens wages the rest of the season, if it came to it, wouldnt be significant enough to prevent any transfers happening." So you haven't made a comment about the money, except to comment on the money. Brilliant.
This is my last comment on this matter, as I'm banging my head against a brick wall.
So you think the club should solve the problem by putting Janssen back into the squad?

Training with the u23s but playing (in isolation) is not unusual for a player returning from injury.

Pochs dismissal of him is more telling

Bang away, maybe at some point youll realise you are talking about something I am not.

Ive been as clear as I can, so I can only say we'll have to agree to disagree/agree theres a misunderstanding.

Please he couldn't do a job when he was trying to be a football player.

What kind of job would you expect him to do?

I beg to disagree. His record speaks for him. Jorginho isnt half the player he was. Anyways it is too late. He is with Boro at the moment.

I beg to disagree. His record speaks for him. Jorginho isnt half the player he was. Anyways it is too late. He is with Boro at the moment.

Liked Obi Mikel for Nigeria but would have HATED him for Spurs given his antics in the 'Battle of the Bridge'. Not good enough these days to warrant all that 'baggage'

Also, Tbf to Jorginho, Mikel played in a more dynamic and physical Chelsea side

Back