• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

A man can dream, but it'd be cruel on yourself to expect those two, mate. :p

Nah. Zaha's issued another 'come and get me 'plea, though - might see some interest there from our end. However, he keeps signing new contracts with Palace (allowing them to demand ludicrous money for him, which no sensible club would ever pay), and then he keeps complaining about needing to play CL football, so he might not be the sharpest tool in the box. :D

Made me wonder about Zaha as well, why sign that contract if you want to get to the top. With a year or two left on it he would have some power, Palace have all the power and will ask silly money.

As for Grealish, it seems we have followed him for some time. He has skill, I am non plus on him but if Poch wants him I would back him.

Forget Grealish. Aouar is brilliant, but not for sale this summer. Aulas said so, and he usually keeps his word on things like that.

N'Dombele, though... ;)

Yep, defo. A few are mentioning De Ligt but I wondered if the money would be better spent in CM and shift Dier back more.

I like Foyth. I’d like us to persist with him.

Yep, defo. A few are mentioning De Ligt but I wondered if the money would be better spent in CM and shift Dier back more.

I like Foyth. I’d like us to persist with him.

Agree that CM is highest priority, and an attacking player of some description. Then a RB

For me, right-back is the highest priority. Sissoko has become an excellent centre-midfielder. Winks and Wanyama are very good if they are fit and Dier is a decent option (he's not my favourite player but he's a decent option). Whereas we have no decent options at right-back -- either Poch doesn't trust them (KWP) or they are just not that great (Aurier, Trippier). A top player in that position makes the team a lot better imo.

For me, right-back is the highest priority. Sissoko has become an excellent centre-midfielder. Winks and Wanyama are very good if they are fit and Dier is a decent option (he's not my favourite player but he's a decent option). Whereas we have no decent options at right-back -- either Poch doesn't trust them (KWP) or they are just not that great (Aurier, Trippier). A top player in that position makes the team a lot better imo.

I agree
For me we have to replace Llorente/Jansenn as their leaving
Toby, as it looks like he is leaving
One of the right backs at least
And we should aim to replace Dembele

That’s 3 through the spine and one wide

I’d also like an upgrade on Lamella, ideally a player who is fitter more regularly and can play with both feet but that’s a less important area

Fair argument that we dont have any decent options at RB. I guess counter to that is that we do at least have numbers at RB. Whereas, if you dont include Llorente (who we only use in an emergency), Jansse and GKN, then we have 6 players for the 4 attacking positions in our 4-2-3-1 so based on 2 player per position, we're 2 short in the squad. Also in CM, we only have 1 CM who can pass the ball given we sold Dembele. A young player or two might work for the attacking positions given its only adding depth

We're going to still be looking for cheap-ish deal this summer but wonder whether we'll end up with something like Gomes/Tielemans, Wan Bissaka and Sessegnon for something like £90m-£100m gross spend. That would be somewhat consistent with the reports this morning that Poch has £60m plus sales to spend...adding fees for Trippier, Janssen and GKN broadly balances it out.

i struggle to see us affording someone like de Ligt or Ndombele, unless Poch has more cash available to him than reported

I agree
For me we have to replace Llorente/Jansenn as their leaving
Toby, as it looks like he is leaving
One of the right backs at least
And we should aim to replace Dembele

That’s 3 through the spine and one wide

I’d also like an upgrade on Lamella, ideally a player who is fitter more regularly and can play with both feet but that’s a less important area

Possibly an upgrade on Lamela and the replacement for Llorente/Janssen could be just one player. IMO, Sissoko has replaced Dembele, such has been his improvement.

I'm not sure if Poch would replace Toby, or just give more minutes to Foyth and Sanchez. Hopefully he re-signs, but I agree with you, that he'll probably leave.

I'm not sure if Poch would replace Toby, or just give more minutes to Foyth and Sanchez. Hopefully he re-signs, but I agree with you, that he'll probably leave.

We'd need another CB if Toby goes. We'd be one short otherwise. Dier isn't a top class CB, and would be needed as a DM a lot of the time

We'd need another CB if Toby goes. We'd be one short otherwise. Dier isn't a top class CB, and would be needed as a DM a lot of the time

Sanchez cost us 44m. There has to be a point where he is played more regularly. Foyth should be the back up, if Toby goes then we should look to sign a young Center back to come in as part of the rotation.

I want us to show some faith in KWP or get him a loan to a prem team like Rose so he can come back a more experienced player. But Aurier and Trippier have shown they dont have it. So a Good Right back is becoming a priority now. That along with another quality center Mid.

As for Strikers. Well I feel we have shown we can cope without Kane with son and Moura. I would be more inclined to see if Parrott can step up to the bench at least. If you are good enough you are old enough.

Sanchez cost us 44m. There has to be a point where he is played more regularly. Foyth should be the back up, if Toby goes then we should look to sign a young Center back to come in as part of the rotation.

I want us to show some faith in KWP or get him a loan to a prem team like Rose so he can come back a more experienced player. But Aurier and Trippier have shown they dont have it. So a Good Right back is becoming a priority now. That along with another quality center Mid.

As for Strikers. Well I feel we have shown we can cope without Kane with son and Moura. I would be more inclined to see if Parrott can step up to the bench at least. If you are good enough you are old enough.

Yes, broadly agree on the first bits. The Sandinavian chap at Sampdoria seems to get continually linked with us.

In terms of forwards, agree that Son and Moura have coped well, but we only have 6 players (Kane, Son, Moura, Eriksen, Dele and Lamela) who Poch really trusts to start for the front 4 positions...and that includes Lamela who rarely delivers. 6 players for 4 positions isnt enough depth so whilst Parrott could be the 8th for those position (2 players per position), we need another body. Doesn't need to be a big name - an up and coming player say 20-22 years old etc. Parrott is 17 and never played first team football and none of us can really judge him yet

Yes, broadly agree on the first bits. The Sandinavian chap at Sampdoria seems to get continually linked with us.

In terms of forwards, agree that Son and Moura have coped well, but we only have 6 players (Kane, Son, Moura, Eriksen, Dele and Lamela) who Poch really trusts to start for the front 4 positions...and that includes Lamela who rarely delivers. 6 players for 4 positions isnt enough depth so whilst Parrott could be the 8th for those position (2 players per position), we need another body. Doesn't need to be a big name - an up and coming player say 20-22 years old etc. Parrott is 17 and never played first team football and none of us can really judge him yet

Yeah I have to agree with that. Rarely when we are chasing a game do we have a real impact option from the bench. Llorente is not that, I think he has 1 goal as a sub. And Lamela is not that either. So we need someone who can rotate with the front group who can come on and make a change to the game when we need it. Not saying he is going to be a sub but a player who rotates with the others. Another Moura! or Son type player would be good.

I think Sane is a great player ( amazes me that he seems to be out of favour with Pep).
Pep isn't actually a huge fan of Aquero either, so there is that ..

I thought Foyth did well yesterday, however i really think RB should be our priority this summer.
Agree that RB is number 1

The rest depends on how/what Poch intends to play
- Feels like we like the option of 3 at back if the FBs go forward (no sure the real value of that with our current FBs, if we get in a good attacking option we may see more of that.)
- Lucas, Son & Dele is starting to look like an alternative against weaker sides (chance to have Son lead line and rest HK occasionally), that will require an improvement in DM position (either Wanyama at best returns, or new player)
- Eriksen rotation, eventual replacement would be high on my list.

The more I think about it, Poch needs a player that lifts the quality of the squad, not just another good/potential, but 1 player that would walk in first 11, lift the collective. Know it's extremely hard but I believe that is what Poch meant when he referenced Pool's buys.

Pep isn't actually a huge fan of Aquero either, so there is that ..

Agree that RB is number 1

The rest depends on how/what Poch intends to play
- Feels like we like the option of 3 at back if the FBs go forward (no sure the real value of that with our current FBs, if we get in a good attacking option we may see more of that.)
- Lucas, Son & Dele is starting to look like an alternative against weaker sides (chance to have Son lead line and rest HK occasionally), that will require an improvement in DM position (either Wanyama at best returns, or new player)
- Eriksen rotation, eventual replacement would be high on my list.

The more I think about it, Poch needs a player that lifts the quality of the squad, not just another good/potential, but 1 player that would walk in first 11, lift the collective. Know it's extremely hard but I believe that is what Poch meant when he referenced Pool's buys.

Brandt.

Agree that CM is highest priority, and an attacking player of some description. Then a RB

Could not disagree more!

If one talks about upgrading the team, assuming no important player losses:

then full back becomes the top prioirity. Our game is built on the full backs - this is so obvious it does not even bear discussion. Poch's fixation with having two full backs as subs, the clear correlation that our best seasons coincided with excellent play from these positions - Walker / Rose in our 2nd placed season and to an extent Trippier / Davies last year. This year we struggled because the full backs struggled. Therefore first priority needs to be a quality RB (Wan Bissaka would be brilliant) and a LB, even if just a promising young player for Poch to mould (Sessegnon).

the other area we need to address is to get a player who can produce something out of nothing individually. I see two gettable options who would improve us; Zaha and Bale. Both would improve us and offer, especially the latter, another option - with Son and Moura - of replacing Harry without needed to spend massive money on a quality centre forward who would only be an understudy to Harry.

Central midfield - with Wanyama showing encouraging signs he is getting back to his best and the monster that is now Sissoko - is less of a priority. That is not to say it won't be useful to ship out squad fillers such as Lamela and upgrade/freshen them with a Grealish type young player capture. Imagine if we had the guts to risk a punt on Morrision last year.

Other purchases would be determined if important players leave:

A top central midfielder is only necessary if Eriksen leaves, in which case it would probably be to Real and Isco would be a ready made replacement whereas we will obviously need a centre half if Toby decides to seek new pastures. De Ligt is way way beyond our means; no doubt he will end up at Barca either next summer or the one after that. There are a few tasty options in European football that we could nevertheless get.

Back