• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

What are they not telling you?
I’m lost here as I’m putting up stats form the premier league site
Im not filtering or highlighting a certain stat (others are and I’m answering).
I’m not using twitter posts and articles either as I prefer to use the data available and my own opinions
As I’ve said he is a decent player but is that because of others around him or because of him. Similarly I’ve rarely noticed him

If you go back some weeks you will see I was impressed with skewered stats someone used for Holdberg until I did my win research.

Read through what @braineclipse has posted. There's no point repeating it again.

They can sell him it whoever they want or keep him
It’s exactly what happened with Eriksen in the end
Player wanted a club who didn’t want himma do he ended up going to a club inferior to what he expected

They can't because the player has to agree to join a club. I am not saying that is what will happen, just that it is plainly wrong to say that Southampton hold all of the cards. I think that they are in quite a weak position but accept that depends on what Hojbjerg wants.

Everton Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg transfer stance outlined

Everton Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg transfer stance outlined after reports Southampton have accepted bid

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg has made it clear to Everton he wants to join Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

Reports have emerged tonight which say the Blues have had a £25m offer accepted by Southampton for the midfielder.

But the ECHO understands that Everton have not lodged such a bid and though they have made it clear to Hojbjerg they want him, the player has his heart set on a switch to North London ahead of next season.

Carlo Ancelotti is an admirer of the 24-year-old and asked the club to make a move for the Denmark international but Hojbjerg has told the Blues, on at least two occasions, that he wishes to move to Spurs and play under Jose Mourinho.

Everton had not initially been deterred by Hojbjerg's stance and have been in dialogue with Southampton over a potential deal, with player exchanges discussed as part of the negotiations.

But the insistence from inside of Goodison tonight is that, contrary to reports, the club have not lodged a £25m bid for the player.

It is believed that Everton's valuation, for a player who is into the final 12 months of his contract, was closer to £14m.

Read through what @braineclipse has posted. There's no point repeating it again.
I did
You mean the stuff form someone or something called smarter scout? It’s a software a package that generates scores. I checked it out. It’s basically a number of data sets to give a score using some algorithms based on something creates by a guy from the states
When I did stats in my engineering degree there was a lot of focus on using actual hard metrics. These algorithms create metrics based on his algorithms, so can be biased based on how their set up
I prefer to use simple data and facts, such as goals scored and against or tackles made, clearances made etc... and apply that like for like and then use my own eyes

They can't because the player has to agree to join a club. I am not saying that is what will happen, just that it is plainly wrong to say that Southampton hold all of the cards. I think that they are in quite a weak position but accept that depends on what Hojbjerg wants.
Or if they value a lower bid now
They maybe think keep him for a year and see what he does then, and they lose nothing as it would cost more to replace him if he is that good

The players are now in the driving seat these day and by a long way!

But the insistence from inside of Goodison tonight is that, contrary to reports, the club have not lodged a £25m bid for the player.

It is believed that Everton's valuation, for a player who is into the final 12 months of his contract, was closer to £14m.
Hah! So easily to be emotionally swayed by the latest headline. And so easy to be misled.

Everton Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg transfer stance outlined

Everton Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg transfer stance outlined after reports Southampton have accepted bid

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg has made it clear to Everton he wants to join Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

Reports have emerged tonight which say the Blues have had a £25m offer accepted by Southampton for the midfielder.

But the ECHO understands that Everton have not lodged such a bid and though they have made it clear to Hojbjerg they want him, the player has his heart set on a switch to North London ahead of next season.

Carlo Ancelotti is an admirer of the 24-year-old and asked the club to make a move for the Denmark international but Hojbjerg has told the Blues, on at least two occasions, that he wishes to move to Spurs and play under Jose Mourinho.

Everton had not initially been deterred by Hojbjerg's stance and have been in dialogue with Southampton over a potential deal, with player exchanges discussed as part of the negotiations.

So SCBC's transparent attempt to play us off against Everton isn't quite working out for them?

I did
You mean the stuff form someone or something called smarter scout? It’s a software a package that generates scores. I checked it out. It’s basically a number of data sets to give a score using some algorithms based on something creates by a guy from the states
When I did stats in my engineering degree there was a lot of focus on using actual hard metrics. These algorithms create metrics based on his algorithms, so can be biased based on how their set up
I prefer to use simple data and facts, such as goals scored and against or tackles made, clearances made etc... and apply that like for like and then use my own eyes
How is it like for like when one player has played significantly more football and that isn't factored in?

I can appreciate different approaches to analysing stats. I struggle to see the advantages of ignoring playing time.

Back