• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

If he is so good why are Money Bags PSG letting him go? Neymar just went there so I just dont get this. I also dont see why we will carry three Right backs. KWP needs to have space to be able to get into the team. He got MOTM in his only game. With Trippier and possibly this Aurier I just dont get why we are doing it.

Tripps is good in the wing back position. So having KWP as backup is perfect.

We need some bloody attacking players. A wide player who can create. We are desperate for that to make our team balanced. But no. A CB, another CB and a 3rd Right back. Whilst spending 77m on them all. Cost of a Bale. I know. I know wages etc. But come on.

If he is so good why are Money Bags PSG letting him go? Neymar just went there so I just dont get this. I also dont see why we will carry three Right backs. KWP needs to have space to be able to get into the team. He got MOTM in his only game. With Trippier and possibly this Aurier I just dont get why we are doing it.

We need some bloody attacking players. A wide player who can create. We are desperate for that to make our team balanced. But no. A CB, another CB and a 3rd Right back. Whilst spending 77m on them all. Cost of a Bale. I know. I know wages etc. But come on.

PSG just signed Dani Alves, and this guys had a run in with the police. Time for a new challenge for him.

Trippier is competent. Has a lovely cross up his sleeve, but we need pace and someone who's got first team experience at a high level. Poch on record as saying KWP is for the future.

Because he's not finished product yet? probably does need to develop some, PSG/Chealsea/City don't do that.

KWP is miles away from being ready (ducks in anticipation) and the MoTM was just a gift (Eriksen was easily the best player in that game), would you really play him against Real? at this level there is little room for sentiment (and that is all KWP is at this point).

My view is this guy has to be seen as genuine competition for 1st choice, it also seems all the players we are looking at add pace into the team.

Because he's not finished product yet? probably does need to develop some, PSG/Chealsea/City don't do that.

KWP is miles away from being ready (ducks in anticipation) and the MoTM was just a gift (Eriksen was easily the best player in that game), would you really play him against Real? at this level there is little room for sentiment (and that is all KWP is at this point).

My view is this guy has to be seen as genuine competition for 1st choice, it also seems all the players we are looking at add pace into the team.

So Dele was not ready. Rose? Walker? ( they went on load but to prem sides )

we are not Emirates Marketing Project. They do not need to produce youth, They can buy the final product. Same goes for Chelsea and PSG now. They are oil pumped sides.

We are not them. We have made our model out of buying players who can be stars or producing our own. At some point they need game time. With that in mind they need to have a route into the side. Or just like Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project they will all leave eventually as they cannot get in the side. OR have their growth stunted.

Im not saying KWP is ready. But he should not have 2 players in front of him. It should be our Right back and him understudying him. If we buy Aurier then I feel TRippier should be sold.

So generally I agree that KWP is not fully ready. But I also believe that young players need to know they have a route into the team. It will helpe us sign better academy players and attract young players from other sides. It is our current recruitment model.

We are like Benfica, Porto etc. WE get in promising playhers. they get better with us. IF they have to leave then we get the earth for them.

we are not Emirates Marketing Project. They do not need to produce youth, They can buy the final product. Same goes for Chelsea and PSG now. They are oil pumped sides.

We are not them. We have made our model out of buying players who can be stars or producing our own. At some point they need game time. With that in mind they need to have a route into the side. Or just like Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project they will all leave eventually as they cannot get in the side. OR have their growth stunted.

Im not saying KWP is ready. But he should not have 2 players in front of him. It should be our Right back and him understudying him. If we buy Aurier then I feel TRippier should be sold.

So generally I agree that KWP is not fully ready. But I also believe that young players need to know they have a route into the team. It will helpe us sign better academy players and attract young players from other sides. It is our current recruitment model.

We are like Benfica, Porto etc. WE get in promising playhers. they get better with us. IF they have to leave then we get the earth for them.

Neither Trippier or KWP are at the level we need right now (you want one of them facing Bale/Ronaldo?). The best move is to bring a player that can push both of them, somebody wins, somebody loses, get sold/loaned. Aurier is 24 btw, still fits our develop profile.

We can't afford to lose points/games to carry a young player regardless of how much youth development is part of our club strategy.

We can't have it all, if we want to win things, if we want to push on in the PL, being 1 injury from having KWP as our only genuine RB option for the season is not an acceptable solution to what is already our weakest link.

If we sign Aurier and KWP continues to impress Poch (in training or on loan maybe) then KWP would probably end up taking Trippier's place in the squad and go from there.

Great post buddy.

Best defense in the league and we sign a CB and linked with a RB and another CB. Our problem last season was too many draws due to not being able to break teams down. We need that creative spark and more pace.

Best defense in the league and we sign a CB and linked with a RB and another CB. Our problem last season was too many draws due to not being able to break teams down. We need that creative spark and more pace.

We also had the best attack in the league (?) haven't lost anyone in that area and are linked to Barkley and Balde - whilst we have lost our starting RB and look to be selling Wimmer

Our problem last year was covering for Toby when he was injured. We won 1 game when he was out. If adding another centre back helps there then brilliant. We managed without Kane surprisingly well

This year we have Wembley to manage which is a challenge but far from insurmountable. We have to get into a position where the opposition don't score with every shot on target which is currently the trend... but we have played the best/luckiest teams at Wembley don't forget

Our problem last year was covering for Toby when he was injured. We won 1 game when he was out. If adding another centre back helps there then brilliant. We managed without Kane surprisingly well

This year we have Wembley to manage which is a challenge but far from insurmountable. We have to get into a position where the opposition don't score with every shot on target which is currently the trend... but we have played the best/luckiest teams at Wembley don't forget

From Memory, didnt we draw a load 1-1/0-0?

From the BBC website:

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino spoke about the possibility of signing some more players before the window closes in his press conference today...

He said: "I wanted four players before, I said? One keeper plus four! Maybe three more now."

So three more: Foyth, Aurier and Barkley presumably. I'm hoping that his comments above aren't true and that there's an attacker coming in as well. Maybe its 'net three more' so Sissoko out, AN Other in doesn't count as another one

Aurier, Sancho and Balde would be perfect for the three, but I expect it will be Aurier, Sancho and Foyth

The 4th one is seemingly a reference to Sanchez.

Back