• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Rabiot would be more realistic I guess, if you can use the word realistic for anything connected to PSG. I've changed my mind on Rabiot a few times - sometimes he is majestic, other times terribly inconsistent. At the moment though I like him and think he would give us another good midfield option.
Rabiot is excellent, but I don't see him as someone that PSG would want to move. Plus his wage demands would be outside our structure.

Many of our new big money signings did not work out particularly those signed on or near deadline day. Some had poor first seasons and then came good. Lamela and Eriksen spring to mind. Some, like Soldado, don't work out.

Of our three signings last year, Wanyama, who was signed early and had a full pre-season, was an immediate success. VJ and Sissoko, who were both signed late, were less than successful to say the least.Will they come good in their second season? Possibly, but surely worth a bit of patience?

Just as a matter of interest, when did we last sign a player late in the window, who made an immediate impact in that season?

VDV is the only one I can think of.

I think the fact that he has been played out of position might also be a factor. He's a CM not an AM. Maybe that contributed to the dour attitude, maybe not. But would like to see him get a run of games paired with Wanyama and see whether his performances improve.

How can he be a CM if he's only played there a handful of times in his career? I heard people saying he played CM in the euros but he really didn't, matuidi, pogba, cabaye and Kante were the CM's in various combinations. Sissoko was AM, sometimes he attacked from centrally but in no way was he CM.

wonder if we will have scouts at the Nice v Ajax match tomorrow.........

Why are people getting excited about this game? Because of Seri? Their president has said that they've sold 4 players this window so won't sell more..and he's valued at €40m!!

Or is it Veltman? I dont remember seeing him play before or, more accurately, dont remember seeing him play and him having stood out, however its believeable that we'd sign a 25 year old from Ajax who could play at CB and RB

Why are people getting excited about this game? Because of Seri? Their president has said that they've sold 4 players this window so won't sell more..and he's valued at €40m!!

Or is it Veltman? I dont remember seeing him play before or, more accurately, dont remember seeing him play and him having stood out, however its believeable that we'd sign a 25 year old from Ajax who could play at CB and RB

De ligt and Dolberg would be my guess................

How can he be a CM if he's only played there a handful of times in his career? I heard people saying he played CM in the euros but he really didn't, matuidi, pogba, cabaye and Kante were the CM's in various combinations. Sissoko was AM, sometimes he attacked from centrally but in no way was he CM.
He's a more central player playing slightly behind the AMs. That's where he played for France for the most part. Sticking him out on the wings isn't helping.

Gray at Leicester would be a good buy. I think we could get him, but he would probably want more minutes than Leicester give him, so might be tough.

We are being patient waiting to strike, we have scouts running the rule over players all the time and the Ajax versus Nice game is one we should be all over. Ajax always produce good players.
This is the time for bids and contracts, scouting would have been done earlier for players we are considering now...

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

didn't Ajax sell all the good players to Everton?

Nope actually they sold them the average ones at a inflated price and young on to the core of their team. Klassen was someone we and Arsenal would have looked at a few years ago and decided to pass on him. I thought fischer would do better last year at Boro but even he was a failure and he is better then Klassen.

Back