• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

He’s been injured for most of this season, came back and got a straight red in his first appearance.

...and he's almost 30.

We need to go back to our transfer policy when we did well under Poch - sign players in the 21-24 age range who are hungry and have scope to improve. No more Doherty, Hart etc

Anderson is a good start to this

That gives us two players for two positions (and that is assuming Skipp can step up a level immediately). Lo Celso not a deeper MF player IMO, Ndombele could be, but needs a lot of coaching and his skill and creativity are suited further forward IMO.

I think that we'll need to see what the new manager wants to do with Lo Celso and Ndombele. I prefer them both deeper but I think that their flexibility and being played in different positions is one of the reasons why we haven't really seen the best of them yet.

I think that they will, he's had a good season and is worth more than the fee

Completely. I havent seen them too much this season but he's played regularly and well. For us, its also probably better than him coming back and Levy spending 2 months haggling over increasing his price with someone else. Spurs dont need even more transfers to do this summer!

Scrap List for me please:

Lloris
Aurier
DIER
Sanchez
Davies
Sissoko
Lamela
GLC
Winks

I know some will say to keep these players ... but the way i see it ... none of them would make it into any top 4 teams.

The only one I'd argue is GLC just because i think his 2 years have been at a time that the club has been in turmoil - everyone else was here before things went south so they've had long enough but anyone brought in post CL final needs a year with the new manager before being given up on

We have to work within our means, this isnt Football Manager with the sugar daddy cheat on unfortunately.

What is your alternative suggestion in full? Post your full squad, who comes in, who goes but remember the context.

OK so I would sell the following:
Gazzinga 2m
Aurier 10m
Doherty 5m
Dier 15m
Sanchez 20m
Carter-vickers 5m
Foyth 10m
Sissoko Free (hope someone will take his wages on)
Lamela 10m
Ndombele 50m
Lo Celso 30m
Son 50m
Winks 10m
Davies 10m

That would bring in 222m so I would bring in the following :

Hakimi 30m inter have money worries and I think he is a great player.
Boateng Free (10m wages for 2 seasons)
Fry 15m (Middlesbrough Central defender)
Botman 25m Lille defender, fast and good tackler.

Midfield
Kessie 30m
Zakaria 40m
McNeil 20m( Burnley winger)
Brooks 25m

Olise 15m loan back

Daka 30m my favourite striker in Europe
Kolta 30m think I might have spelt his name wrong, but he looks good.

That would be 260m so we would be spending 38m similar to last summer.

I would promote youngsters like the French kid goal keeper, laviner the lad from Chelsea could be perfect as a back up right back. We can bring through more young players.

Foyth is a weird one, i read an article in the first half of the season saying he was a bit of a flop then i see them v Arsenal and it sounded like he had become their first choice RB by then - 13m seems a no brainer for them, a year or two playing at an ok level and they could probably sell him back to an English side for a good profit

Would be good if true. Can probably get that sort of fee I'd hope for Dier or Sanchez, so net zero spend and hopefully a step up
I doubt we’d get any more than that much for the pair of them combined, especially with their relatively high wages being a barrier for many clubs.

Last edited:
Dier really hit the jackpot as a player, playing in CM and having his hand held by Dembele and then dropping back in to a back 3 with both Vertonghen and Alderweireld either side holding both his hands...

He's become far more mobile and versatile since Conte reshape his physique. It's not just tactical, he looks a completely different player.

I'd just be keen to see what Dier can do back at his trimmer weight, rather than the lump he's become in the past 2 years
I’d be keen to see what he can do playing for Crystal Palace with us having £12m to put towards a half decent centre back.

...and he's almost 30.

We need to go back to our transfer policy when we did well under Poch - sign players in the 21-24 age range who are hungry and have scope to improve. No more Doherty, Hart etc

Anderson is a good start to this
I put him down as an option as he is on a Bosman, we are terrible at CB and we may have very little money to spend on transfer fees.

Dier really hit the jackpot as a player, playing in CM and having his hand held by Dembele and then dropping back in to a back 3 with both Vertonghen and Alderweireld either side holding both his hands...
He was OK in midfield until teams realised that he is perhaps the most easily pressed player in the Premier League. Once the secret was out he was done for.

They will wait a couple of weeks after the final day, so there isnt too much hype over him playing a weakened team against us that should help us get 5th or 6th place.

I expect the rebuild to start with aarons and andersen with hart, gazzaniga, sanchez, dier, davies, doherty, aurier, sissoko and lamela shown the door.

But I do think he’ll repeat the trick and get us in the top 4 next season.
I don’t think we’ll go anywhere near Aarons. Nor do I think Norwich will sell him anyway.

All comes down to a) the coaching set-up they are in and b) whether the player themselves are able to learn/iron out their mistakes.
If they are good players they'll get through the problems. The fact that they haven't possibly means they aren't good enough for what we (believe) we aspire to be.
If you are good enough you'll succeed. Plus, in any case, they both played LOADS of competitive games at younger ages.
That goes for any player we have or might try to buy.

Of course, it helps if you have older players to learn from, get through the bad patches without having more pressure than you can handle etc. That's why it's important to refresh your squad whilst it's at/near its peak so that there is time for said new players to learn if they cannot hit the ground running.

You're not an exponent of c) practice or d) experience then?

OK so I would sell the following:
Gazzinga 2m
Aurier 10m
Doherty 5m
Dier 15m
Sanchez 20m
Carter-vickers 5m
Foyth 10m
Sissoko Free (hope someone will take his wages on)
Lamela 10m
Ndombele 50m
Lo Celso 30m
Son 50m
Winks 10m
Davies 10m

That would bring in 222m so I would bring in the following :

Hakimi 30m inter have money worries and I think he is a great player.
Boateng Free (10m wages for 2 seasons)
Fry 15m (Middlesbrough Central defender)
Botman 25m Lille defender, fast and good tackler.

Midfield
Kessie 30m
Zakaria 40m
McNeil 20m( Burnley winger)
Brooks 25m

Olise 15m loan back

Daka 30m my favourite striker in Europe
Kolta 30m think I might have spelt his name wrong, but he looks good.

That would be 260m so we would be spending 38m similar to last summer.

I would promote youngsters like the French kid goal keeper, laviner the lad from Chelsea could be perfect as a back up right back. We can bring through more young players.

I'd take £10m a piece for Alderwireld, sissoko and Doherty. And spend it on Andersen (£20m) and Bogle (£10m).

Some decent coaching and the return of the loanees will fix everything else

I think that we'll need to see what the new manager wants to do with Lo Celso and Ndombele. I prefer them both deeper but I think that their flexibility and being played in different positions is one of the reasons why we haven't really seen the best of them yet.

This has been a key issue for us, and if you were to isolate one reason for Poch's sacking, maybe it was not getting our midfield right. And it is still an issue. Hojbjerg was a start to rebalancing the midfield, but more work is needed.

Firstly Hojbjerg played too many games this season. We need to keep the engine room alive! If we sell some of our attackers then Le Celco and Ndombele can also play further forward.

How you get the best from Ndombele might be key for the next manager. A midfield 3 on paper is exciting, but then we would need more CMs anyway. Skipp, Hojbjerg, Ndombele has the makings of an interesting midfield unit. But then we'd need cover/competition. Winks and Sissoko are not most people's favorites.

Back