• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Ideal transfer window for me:
Defense: OUT: Gazza, Rose, Davies(Sess coming back), Sanchez, Dier, Foyth, Tanganga, Aurier. So (~£100 mil). IN: Sessegnon, Aarons(30mil), Skriniar(40mil, Inter have financial problems), Boateng/Ramos(free). So (~70mil)
Midfield: Skipp coming back; Winks+Sissoko= Sabitzer.
Forward: Resign Bale on loan; Dele+20mil=Dybala; Bergwijn+Lamela=Belotti; Orsic=10 mil.
IN: 100mil, Out: 100 mil.
-Lloris(Hart)
-Aarons(Doherty) Skriniar(Rodon) Boateng/Ramos(Toby) Reguilon(Sessegnon)
-Hojbjerg(Skipp) Sabitzer(LoCelso)
-Bale(Moura) Dybala(Ndombele) Son(Orsic)
-Kane(Belotti)
This may be unrealistic, but these possiblities, and many more, are out there and Levy needs to show his savy.

Interesting choice to sign two CBs who can only really play in a low block. Would you be assuming a Benitez type as the new coach?

18 months now is it?.... it goes up a few months each time. 12 PL games before Poch was sacked we had finished 4th in the PL and played in a CL final.

And what great tempo/hunger and desire we played in the biggest game in our history.

If you are going to say it’s all down to the training/management it helps if it wasn’t the same lacklustre rubbish for the previous one.

And what great tempo/hunger and desire we played in the biggest game in our history.

If you are going to say it’s all down to the training/management it helps if it wasn’t the same lacklustre rubbish for the previous one.
All came from Eriksen not wanting to be here anymore. He was the tempo to the team. No Eriksen no Spurs.

We handled him leaving so poorly. He should have been sold that summer and the team refreshed.

So lamela and Dier being considered by Jose for roma, is that right?

Would be a great outcome if we could sell both of those to him. Not that we will do, but I'd happily accept slightly lower fees for them.

Would take £15m for Lamela and £20m for Dier - they're probably worth say £5m more each but they'll be he hard to shift

So lamela and Dier being considered by Jose for roma, is that right?

The number of times a manager (not called Redknapp) actually ends up bringing a former player/random countryman with him, divided by the number of purely lazy tabloid stories, equals a miniscule number.

Would be a great outcome if we could sell both of those to him. Not that we will do, but I'd happily accept slightly lower fees for them.

Would take £15m for Lamela and £20m for Dier - they're probably worth say £5m more each but they'll be he hard to shift

Roma are £300m in debt, which increased £60m last year. They explicitly operate on a zero net spend transfer policy. They aren't buying anyone that isn't a Mendes brown envelope loan.

Interesting choice to sign two CBs who can only really play in a low block. Would you be assuming a Benitez type as the new coach?
Not sure that Boateng can only play in a low block.... that isn't how Bayern Munich play.
I hope we steer clear of Skriniar though. He was Jose's target and I was never convinced he was a great one. Better players and (probably) better value out there in Germany in Elvedi and Ginter (both with only one year left on their deals). Also instead of going for Skriniar you'd be better off going for the player that Inter were looking at to replace him - Milenkovic from Fiorentina (another with a year left)... He has far more potential IMO and would be half the price.

Finishing 4th and getting to a CL final is massively overachieving compared to the financial resources our managers get. 6th to 8th is a par finish when considering wages and transfer money.

If you can show me another manager who can get 4th place and a CL final on the 6th biggest wage bill and 12th biggest transfer budget in their own domestic league while being forced to go 3 transfer windows without a single signing then I'll show you a genius who we should be going all out to get in as manager....

Ideal transfer window for me:
Defense: OUT: Gazza, Rose, Davies(Sess coming back), Sanchez, Dier, Foyth, Tanganga, Aurier. So (~£100 mil). IN: Sessegnon, Aarons(30mil), Skriniar(40mil, Inter have financial problems), Boateng/Ramos(free). So (~70mil)
Midfield: Skipp coming back; Winks+Sissoko= Sabitzer.
Forward: Resign Bale on loan; Dele+20mil=Dybala; Bergwijn+Lamela=Belotti; Orsic=10 mil.
IN: 100mil, Out: 100 mil.
-Lloris(Hart)
-Aarons(Doherty) Skriniar(Rodon) Boateng/Ramos(Toby) Reguilon(Sessegnon)
-Hojbjerg(Skipp) Sabitzer(LoCelso)
-Bale(Moura) Dybala(Ndombele) Son(Orsic)
-Kane(Belotti)
This may be unrealistic, but these possiblities, and many more, are out there and Levy needs to show his savy.

This would be amazing.
I'd even accept the sale of Son (keep Bergwijn instead) in exchange for that squad.

Sadly, after reading your suggestions reality will be disappointing :)

The number of times a manager (not called Redknapp) actually ends up bringing a former player/random countryman with him, divided by the number of purely lazy tabloid stories, equals a miniscule number.

Ahem... Poch brought Gazza, LoCelso and Foyth as his Argie compatriots .... to add to Lamela. None of them have exactly set the world alight. He also bought Toby and Wanyama from his previous club.

I didn't take into consideration the manager and made the team for an average and popular 4-2-3-1 style with mixed play. I think any top manager can easily go with that and apply his own twist. As for the CBs, again mixed and both coming from dominant champions in their league(Boateng, Skriniar). I'm not set on these players, I just tried to show what we could get if we had a bit of luck and savy.

Ahem... Poch brought Gazza, LoCelso and Foyth as his Argie compatriots .... to add to Lamela. None of them have exactly set the world alight. He also bought Toby and Wanyama from his previous club.
Don't think that Pochettino and Alderweireld's time at Southampton overlapped at all did it? We actually brought in Toby from Atletico Madrid.

Back