• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Skipp? Worth it. Aarons? Not an upgrade for me. Lookman? Decent but would've been here by now if worth it. Bailey? Inconsistent? Savic? Is he really worth it? Ings? Agree and I think we can get him for 30 as I think he might refuse contract extension.

Otherwise these are not upgrades, they are lateral "fresh blood".
If it means we can get rid of players who are either stale, flaky or mentally unstable that has to help
Adding fresh blood is what every manager wants when they can
Lookman we missed a trick on when we wanted him before (same with Maddison, Maguire and Eze to name a few). And the reason I say he is an upgrade is he abs ability to affect a game form the bench (something we lack!
Savic - not sure TBH but he can pass well, command the centre for the park and leads his team. He would be expansive
Bailey I agree is inconsistent and it would come down to ££ as he is a gamble
Aarons is very unlikely as they will get promoted but I can’t think of a better right back to be honest
Takowski is one we would be mad not to go for IMO

Skipp? Worth it. Aarons? Not an upgrade for me. Lookman? Decent but would've been here by now if worth it. Bailey? Inconsistent? Savic? Is he really worth it? Ings? Agree and I think we can get him for 30 as I think he might refuse contract extension.

Otherwise these are not upgrades, they are lateral "fresh blood".

Bailey is outstanding.

Bissouma’s had a very good week, worth a punt in the summer to keep Hojbjerg company / on his toes or would Skipp be ready to become a regular starter for us next season?

First on the list is Sabitzer for me. Would solve some of our transition from defence into attack, give us an incredible pairing of PEH, Sabitzer and Ndombele. Replacing Sissoko.

I would look at Hakimi for RB from inter, they are struggling financially, and he is the reguilon equivalent on the right. But we will face competition for him. Replacing Aurier.

Not going to happen but I would happily replace Dier and Sanchez, with GHod knows who.

Replace Moura and Lamela with Bailey.

Replace Lloris with Henderson or Pope.

First on the list is Sabitzer for me. Would solve some of our transition from defence into attack, give us an incredible pairing of PEH, Sabitzer and Ndombele. Replacing Sissoko.

I would look at Hakimi for RB from inter, they are struggling financially, and he is the reguilon equivalent on the right. But we will face competition for him. Replacing Aurier.

Not going to happen but I would happily replace Dier and Sanchez, with GHod knows who.

Replace Moura and Lamela with Bailey.

Replace Lloris with Henderson or Pope.
We will definitely see changes at CB. No manager is coming or staying here and nor getting rid of Sanchez. He needs to got to his own benefit (same with Lamela)
It’s why I’ve suggested Tarkowski. Out of contract. Knows the league and more importantly knows how to defend

We will definitely see changes at CB. No manager is coming or staying here and nor getting rid of Sanchez. He needs to got to his own benefit (same with Lamela)
It’s why I’ve suggested Tarkowski. Out of contract. Knows the league and more importantly knows how to defend

Tarkowski would be a good shout as would Bailey from what i understand of him.

Don't know much of Sabitzer other than some people rate him highly on here, he's older thsn i had assumed. i checked his numbers and he doesn't seem any better than Dele in most areas you'd judge a midfielder, but then i know you can't just look at numbers but I've not had the benefit of watching him.

Tarkowski would be a good shout as would Bailey from what i understand of him.

Don't know much of Sabitzer other than some people rate him highly on here, he's older thsn i had assumed. i checked his numbers and he doesn't seem any better than Dele in most areas you'd judge a midfielder, but then i know you can't just look at numbers but I've not had the benefit of watching him.
He is better than dele in that he starts attacks form deep and does the work at both ends
He is different to him though and would IMO be a sissoko replacement in the games when we play sissoko as a Box to box type
I doubt we would look at him playing the historical dele role ... but who knows

Tarkowski was wanted by Leicester and that’s a club that know a decent centre back purchase IMO

He is better than dele in that he starts attacks form deep and does the work at both ends
He is different to him though and would IMO be a sissoko replacement in the games when we play sissoko as a Box to box type
I doubt we would look at him playing the historical dele role ... but who knows

Tarkowski was wanted by Leicester and that’s a club that know a decent centre back purchase IMO

As Dele gets a lot of flak for off the ball/defensive work and loss of possession i was checking most of those and Dele was better/it was close - but like i say numbers don't tell the whole story was just surprised by them

As Dele gets a lot of flak for off the ball/defensive work and loss of possession i was checking most of those and Dele was better/it was close - but like i say numbers don't tell the whole story was just surprised by them

I can’t comment on their like for likes but dele is known as an operator in the final third
Sabitzer is more one for everywhere on the pitch.
Dele would be comparable to say a Bailey or another attacker unless his game is changed or he plays differently

I can’t comment on their like for likes but dele is known as an operator in the final third
Sabitzer is more one for everywhere on the pitch.
Dele would be comparable to say a Bailey or another attacker unless his game is changed or he plays differently

He was as much a middle third operator as he was a final third operator in the last year + under Poch.

Sabitzer bring spoken about as a rwf too.

Even still if you were right you'd expect a deeper midfielder to trump an attacking midfielder in the type of areas I'm talking about due to where the action is.

Yeah but that’s when he wasn’t as good as was being square pegged

Not as good as he was in the final third but still posting better/comparable numbers to Sabitzer, which was my point.

But like i say it's just something i noticed, not writing him off or drawing any conclusions, i just have little to go on with him snd it stood out.

Not as good as he was in the final third but still posting better/comparable numbers to Sabitzer, which was my point.

But like i say it's just something i noticed, not writing him off or drawing any conclusions, i just have little to go on with him snd it stood out.
What numbers are you comparing ?
I’d say their very different players and play very different positions myself
But I’d be interested in knowing

What numbers are you comparing ?
I’d say their very different players and play very different positions myself
But I’d be interested in knowing
It was a while ago that i looked, back when he was first linked heavily - I'll have a look later and get back to you.

Edit:

@Bedfordspurs

https://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix/?compare=_vO817QJCyu4FcuVNt5Du

I tried to include a range of what I'd consider important for various midfield duties up and down the pitch. Using 18/19 for Dele (last full season under Poch) and 19/20 for Sabitzer. Numbers per 90.

Last edited:
GK - pope or Henderson (both wouldn’t be cheap though)
CB - Tarkowski (1 year left in his contract)
RB - aaron’s if we can get Norwich to sell (that’s assuming Aurier wants out still, so that can change constantly)
CM - Oliver Skipp
CM - Milenko Savic
WF - lookman
WF - Bailey from Leverkusen
Striker - Ings (he will kick off to leave soon I think, like PEH did)
That is a great list but probably about £230m of transfer fees unfortunately....

For RB I would try to pick up Bogle from Sheffield Utd when they drop, he will have had a whole season of PL football by then, probably more gettable than Aaron’s (if Norwich get promoted) probably cheaper and IMO has a higher ceiling.

I also think we can only really buy one WF instead of two... can Lookman play from either right or left side?

For CM I think Sabitzer is more likely, especially with his contract situation. The fact that he could also play as a wide forward is a bonus.

Unfortunately I think we need two CB’s and not just one. Tarkowski is a great shout but likely to be expensive even with just 1 year left as he will have lots of PL suitors I think. Ginter would be a decent signing for us and I like Milenkovic at Fiorentina. Both would probably be in the £25m range.

In order of importance I think our squad needs:

1. First team centre back
2. Another first team centre back
3. First team central midfield player
4. Back up keeper
5. Backup striker (I am fine with this being Vini)
6. Back up/competition wide forward
7. Back up/competition right back
8. Better squad option than Sissoko/Winks
9. Replacement first team keeper.

Going to be hard getting even two thirds of that lot on a budget I think. Not sure how much the likes of Lamela, Sanchez, one of Dier or Toby, Doherty, Davies, Moura would fetch in transfer fees in a buyers market considering their relatively high wages?

We might have to take a hike on the wage bill and look at some freebies, or accept a year or two outside of Europe as we try to build a new, young hungry team? Or sacrifice our crown jewel in Kane to fund a rebuild?

Last edited:
Quite close in a lot
It was a while ago that i looked, back when he was first linked heavily - I'll have a look later and get back to you.

Edit:

@Bedfordspurs

https://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix/?compare=_vO817QJCyu4FcuVNt5Du

I tried to include a range of what I'd consider important for various midfield duties up and down the pitch. Using 18/19 for Dele (last full season under Poch) and 19/20 for Sabitzer. Numbers per 90.
As I say, do me their not similar style or play in the same role
But then I don’t know what the plan is (if there is one)
Sabitzer to me is to replace sissoko in my view
But we may have sued funds from selling dele to make it happen

That is a great list but probably about £230m of transfer fees unfortunately....
Spot on!
Some do tend to just ignore this. I cant see how allowing for covid we can even contemplate this till at the earliest season 2022/23 and that's fingers crossed.

Back