• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I agree.

In fact I think our only unquestionable priorities will be to do something about Carroll and Dembele, as their contract situations (6 and 18 months respectively) will really hit their values if nothing happens this window.

good point

I think Poch wants forwards who provide pace, movement and work-rate rather than height and strength. If one had all of those I'm sure we would be interset along with every other team in the Premiership and most of Europe.

There's no indication that Poch wants one. We weren't linked to anyone like that all summer. I think he prefers versatile forwards.

Sandro at least does sound like he can play CF. The Barca forums all compare him to David Villa.

versatile forwards (like Son, Njie, Berahino, Sandro) are all well and good but they have to be able to stick the ball in the net on a regular basis.

Harry Kane is primarily a traditional striker that has the versatility to also drop deep or go wide and still be effective for the team. It would be nice to find another in his mold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry Kane is primarily a traditional striker that has the versatility to also drop deep or go wide and still be effective for the team. It would be nice to find another in his mold.

In what sense is he a traditional striker? He spent much of his time in the youth setup playing deeper, broke into our first team playing deeper and currently often drops deep during games, to allow other players to push on.

In what sense is he a traditional striker? He spent much of his time in the youth setup playing deeper, broke into our first team playing deeper and currently often drops deep during games, to allow other players to push on.

I think that's just what you call a modern #9. The way the game is going the whole front 4 are becoming more interchangeable.

There's just not many traditional strikers in the game, because current systems aren't utilising them

a goalscorer, a finisher, someone who can score goals with his left foot, right foot, headers, inside the box and outside the box, can hold the ball up and bring others into play.....

I think that's just what you call a modern #9. The way the game is going the whole front 4 are becoming more interchangeable.

There's just not many traditional strikers in the game, because current systems aren't utilising them

There are still some.....Lewandowski, Pelle, Dzeko, Giroud, Benteke, Lukaku to name a few

a goalscorer, a finisher, someone who can score goals with his left foot, right foot, headers, inside the box and outside the box, can hold the ball up and bring others into play.....

He's certainly a goalscorer but he is more flexible than a traditional CF and our tactics currently are to utilise his full range of skills.

The desire to label players seems silly and limiting to me.

He's certainly a goalscorer but he is more flexible than a traditional CF and our tactics currently are to utilise his full range of skills.

The desire to label players seems silly and limiting to me.

i did say that in my original post

Harry Kane is primarily a traditional striker that has the versatility to also drop deep or go wide and still be effective for the team

So are you defining a traditional centre forward just as someone who scores goals?

thats his prime role, what he does best, what the team relies on him for...anything else is a bonus

thats his prime role, what he does best, what the team relies on him for...anything else is a bonus

I think that it is a little limiting trying to define a player by one aspect of their game. Particularly if the label you are trying to put on them is one from a traditional model that does not fit with how they are asked to play.

As usual this Transfer Rumour Thread disintegrates into a pointless debate with the football intelligencer. How about sticking to the point? It's not about who you would like to sign it's about rumours.

As usual this Transfer Rumour Thread disintegrates into a pointless debate with the football intelligencer. How about sticking to the point? It's not about who you would like to sign it's about rumours.

community-support-o_799335c.jpg

;)

More seriously though @K.D.D.D.D.Soc - there is no transfer news, so I see little harm in letting the conversation meander a little, as long as it gets back on topic when there is something transfer related to discuss.

He reminds me of ricky lambert and is the type of hard working player Poch likes, he is going through a purple patch now and I do not think his current scoring rate is his true level, but I could see us going for him or this older belgium striker as they fit the profile poch likes.

I am all for supporting the manager and getting in players that fit the system and do not mind if they are "unfashionable" as long as they do the job.

I missed the europa league match this week due to a work thing I could not get out of, anyone tell me how Tielemns got on?

Someone mentioned Dembele of Fulham to me while watching the game today.My friend was a Spurs youth striker himself and said that Dembele mi is the best striker he has seen at that age. I haven't seen him. He is apparently young, fast and a goalscorer (he netted two yesterday).Could be a good back up to Kane

Thoughts?

Someone mentioned Dembele of Fulham to me while watching the game today.My friend was a Spurs youth striker himself and said that Dembele mi is the best striker he has seen at that age. I haven't seen him. He is apparently young, fast and a goalscorer (he netted two yesterday).Could be a good back up to Kane

Thoughts?

I've heard good things about him but never seen him play

Back