• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

180314_1.jpg
Dont drive it any more, have done some videos in the back of the old one, you might have seen them on the interweb.......

Dont drive it any more, have done some videos in the back of the old one, you might have seen them on the interweb.......

Here you go.

Tottenham line up January move for 'new Eden Hazard' Sofiane Boufal

Tottenham are following the progress of Lille playmaker Sofiane Boufal, who has been described as the natural successor to Eden Hazard.

Hazard’s sparkling form with Lille brought him to the attention of Chel53a three years ago, and he has since established himself as one of the best attacking players in Europe.

Tottenham were interested in Hazard before he chose to move to Stamford Bridge and Standard Sport understands they have regularly scouted Boufal, 22, who has made eight league appearances for Lille this season, scoring three times.

Boufal’s strengths are his close control, speed and ability to run with the ball. Although his decision-making needs to improve, Lille captain Rio Mavuba can see clear comparisons with Hazard. He said: “He reminds me of Eden when he was playing here. It is striking, he likes the ball, even if he plays too much sometimes. But he is young, you have to let him grow.”

Boufal joined Lille less than a year ago from Angers, who were then playing in Ligue 2, the French equivalent of the Championship. He signed his first professional contract only two years ago but he has already been capped by Morocco at senior level.

Since Paul Mitchell took over as Tottenham’s head of recruitment and analysis last November, Spurs have paid close attention to the French market. They signed Clinton N’Jie from Lyon during the closing days of the summer transfer window, and also bid for Anthony Martial, who eventually joined Manchester United from Monaco for £36million.

The fee for Martial is likely to inflate the French market when clubs are allowed to trade again in January, meaning the £12million offer Spurs were considering for Boufal in August would probably be rejected.

Lille look certain to make a significant profit on the player, who cost only £3million when he joined in January 2015.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-new-eden-hazard-sofiane-boufal-a3083536.html

Hmm, Lamela i'll give you. But we may be taking a BIG risk in relying on Dier as our more defensive-minded CM going into the latter part of the season. He'll probabaly need some rest and also teams may start to 'find him out.' It's at this point that a new (more experienced?) option comes in handy.
In fact, vs Liverpool in a week will tell a lot about how we cope without Dier...

I think people are just forgetting how good Bentaleb is (which often happens when players are out injured).

Mason, Bentaleb, Dier and Alli is a top notch CM quartet.

I think people are just forgetting how good Bentaleb is (which often happens when players are out injured).

Mason, Bentaleb, Dier and Alli is a top notch CM quartet.

I do remember how crap Bentaleb has been this season though. What usually happens when someone is injured is that they start getting overrated.

I do remember how crap Bentaleb has been this season though. What usually happens when someone is injured is that they start getting overrated.

Could be yet another player who is struggling with all the hype that followed him last season.

He's still very young and once he's found his best position, I'm sure he will develop into a very good player. At least he's also gaining international experience from now.

That can be true but not in the case of Bentaleb. He hasn't been crap, he has made some obvious mistakes which is what I hope someone of his age would be doing otherwise he's not going to learn and develop as he should. Seems like some are focusing much more heavily on the things he's been doing wrong than what he's done right, much like people were with Lamela. But over time with most young talented players, (granted not all,but with Bentalebs mentality I think this will be the case) those mistakes become less and less frequent and the things they are doing well they do even better. Let's not forget how young he is, he will be a real player. Anyway, wrong thread really for this sort of talk -sorry...

Bentaleb has been poor against the form he showed last season, it seems though that the mistake for the goal against Man U made people's mind up.

He is a kid who is still finding his feet in the big league and like most kids who come into a side they will make mistakes ( its a learning curve), the better kids will get over it and overcome these mistakes and go on and become better players for doing so.

It happens to most ( if not all) kids and is nothing new, over the years I have seen it happen to most and why I very rarely go overboard about and refrain from overhyping them, unfortunately many fans do and get carried way. This is counter productive in a lot of cases especially for the kids themselves.

I see our front 8 as something like this (appreciating Son and Njie will probably play the other way around in the absence of Kane)

---------------------Kane
---------------------Njie

Son---------------Eriksen----------Lamela
Chadli--------------Pritchard-------Townsend

I really like that blend and balance. Enough smart players, enough quick players and enough powerful players

I don't see Nige or Son as a replacement in the lone striker role. They are both better supporting wide players in the Chadli/Lamela roles. I still think we need a player capable of playing in the lone striker role - hence the interest in Berahino. Personally, I would like someone who can hold the play up more and offer a more aerial threat to supplement our current striking options.

I don't see Nige or Son as a replacement in the lone striker role. They are both better supporting wide players in the Chadli/Lamela roles. I still think we need a player capable of playing in the lone striker role - hence the interest in Berahino. Personally, I would like someone who can hold the play up more and offer a more aerial threat to supplement our current striking options.

Isn't it a bit early to be saying where Son and N'Jie can and can't play?

Berahino isn't a lone striker. He's a wide forward or plays the supporting one as part of a 2. Berahino is shorter than Son.

I'm pretty confident Son was instead of Berahino, whatever fan-appeasing games Levy pretended to play on deadline day - they are too similar for us to be after both.

Berahino isn't a lone striker. He's a wide forward or plays the supporting one as part of a 2. Berahino is shorter than Son.

I'm pretty confident Son was instead of Berahino, whatever fan-appeasing games Levy pretended to play on deadline day - they are too similar for us to be after both.

I think that it was Berahino in place of Lamela but the intention is similar

Back