• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Can't see this occurring.

We get in the CL, Modric will most likely stay, Hazard will join us.

We don't get in the CL, Modric will most likely want to leave, Hazard has said he would not want to join us.

Regardless if we get in to Champions League or not I'd like to see Modric sold in the summer.

Can't see this occurring.

We get in the CL, Modric will most likely stay, Hazard will join us.

We don't get in the CL, Modric will most likely want to leave, Hazard has said he would not want to join us.

See I don't think Modric staying is dependent on whether we're in the Champions League or not. I honestly think that he may want to move, in order to further his career or - to put it bluntly - actually win things. I don't think the situation was handled at all well last summer, and I should well imagine many bridges were burnt between player and club.

See I don't think Modric staying is dependent on whether we're in the Champions League or not. I honestly think that he may want to move, in order to further his career or - to put it bluntly - actually win things. I don't think the situation was handled at all well last summer, and I should well imagine many bridges were burnt between player and club.

This is possible, without being there or talking to them it would be difficult to gauge.

I can't see Levy letting him go if we don't get a bid he deems worthy, and i'm not quite sure who will offer us that much. Especially with five years left on his contract.

He's likely to move to one of the top leagues soon yes.
Dortmund is an amazing club though, with perhaps the best match day experience in european football.
And recognition he'll get in the Champions League.

If I was him and had no feelings for Spurs,
I'd stay at Dortmund as long as they are as strong they are now,
and rather wait for one of the 5-6 biggest clubs out there show interest.
Which I got a feeling they already are

His team mate Kagawa is a more gettable player for us,
but even him is sought after by Man Utd if rumours are to be believed.

Last edited:
This is possible, without being there or talking to them it would be difficult to gauge.

I can't see Levy letting him go if we don't get a bid he deems worthy, and i'm not quite sure who will offer us that much. Especially with five years left on his contract.

Well, after the fits-and-starts season Modric has had, there is no chance we'd be offered the ?ú40m which Chelsea did.

Well, after the fits-and-starts season Modric has had, there is no chance we'd be offered the ?ú40m which Chelsea did.

In hindsight we should have probably taken that money from Chelsea.

As well all know fans can over hype their own players. Myself included.

You can see by Luka's performances this season his form has dipped.

He does not want to ply his trade at our club. It's flaming obvious to me.

As I'm sure it is to others.

If we can cash in early and bring in players with that money then I'm all for him being sold this summer.

It's quite simple really I don't want to have players at our club who are not committed.

In hindsight we should have probably taken that money from Chelsea.

As well all know fans can over hype their own players. Myself included.

You can see by Luka's performances this season his form has dipped.

He does not want to ply his trade at our club. It's flaming obvious to me.

As I'm sure it is to others.

If we can cash in early and bring in players with that money then I'm all for him being sold this summer.

It's quite simple really I don't want to have players at our club who are not committed to our cause for success.

I was very open to the idea of selling him last summer. I didn't think he was worth anywhere near ?ú40m, so - to be offered that - personally, I'd have snapped their hands off.

He's a good player, but he's not in that serious elite class. To be offered 'elite money' for just a good player, I think we were foolish to turn it down.

I think Levy was spot on. Even if you don't think he's worth the money Chelsea offered, it's more of a statement that we're not little Tottenham selling our best players to the big boys whenever they come calling.

I actually think he is damaging to our play.

I'd even contest for him not to play any of the 3 remaining games for this season.

I actually think he is damaging to our play.

I'd even contest for him not to play any of the 3 remaining games for this season.

Not%2BSure%2Bif%2Bserious.jpg

I think Levy was spot on. Even if you don't think he's worth the money Chelsea offered, it's more of a statement that we're not little Tottenham selling our best players to the big boys whenever they come calling.

Partially agree.

But then to take such a principled stance, you should hope that your faith in the player is repaid. If it's not, then it's nothing more than cutting your nose off to spite your face.

What makes you think he has 5 years left on his contract?

I understand the reasons behind Levy's thinking. I applaud him for doing so.

I just believe with that money that Chelsea were offering at the time we should have brang in better players in to our team who'd give us better options and balance going forward both creatively and Mentally.

What makes you think he has 5 years left on his contract?

He has 4 years left from this summer.

I understand the reasons behind Levy's thinking. I applaud him for doing so.

I just believe with that money that Chelsea were offering at the time we should have brang in better players in to our team who'd give us better options and balance going forward both creatively and Mentally.

What better players than Modric can a team that's now without their best player and without CL football bring in? That's just fantasy talk, even more so when you consider who's in charge and the types of player he targets.

Luka Modric is under contract for the next 4 seasons, he'll be 31 the year his contract expire
Gareth Bale is under contract for the next 3, will be 26

Our play shouldn't have to base it self solely through one player.

We don't have to go target a Modric type player. I'd hate to think we should.

Selling Modric to bring in players who'd allow us to give us more options would be beneficial to the productivity of us going forward as a team.

Back