• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

The fact that Rossi is injured and out of the shop window will impact his price tag, as will Villareal's precarious position. This injury may dissuade some of the top clubs from purchasing him but for a club like Spurs who aren't CL regulars yet it is definitely worth the punt. We can't really compete with the big spenders wage wise so we need to pick our battles. This is one I think we can win.

The precedent has already been set, Berwick are English but play in the Scottish League. Swansea and Cardiff are Welsh but play in England. Celtic are a far bigger club but the principle is the same.

the principle yes, the timing - no
all the above (and the others like Merthyr) were in a different time when football was no the business machine it is now, and that has a major effect on the politics

i believe Berwick decided to play in Scotland for financial reasons (wanting to avoid long trips down south), a area which may be an issue for some voting clubs i would think

personally i dont think it would get fast the FL clubs vote, but would be interesting to see what UEFA did if it did

Rossi suffered an ACL. Anyone who's had one or knows someone who has will know it's a bitch of an injury to fully recover from and really should take upto a year of rehabilitation to get to a level where you can be playing sports again. A lot of physical therapy is required and there's a very high risk of other knee injuries, add to that the mental side of going into a challenge in fear of suffering it all over again.

I'd rather we gave him a miss personally just based on this.

I also think we are still in with a shout for Hazard. This is just a impression I have taken from Hazard's comments regarding Spurs. He is certainly his own man and I'm hoping he sees that going to the Mancs might not a brilliant career move in terms of playing time. Certainly he'll get well paid at those clubs but if he's smart he'll realise he can make the jump from ridiculous wages to obscene wages later in his career after he has made a name for himself. If we get 3rd then this might be enough to persuade him. 5th no chance.

He's scored goals for every team he's played for. He looks like he has it all really.

didnt look pacey to me , very good looking player as far as al round attributes goes but i get the feeling you would have to build a team around him

on a plus side, he reminds me of frank lampard. i think he'll make it big

then i again i said the saame thing about taarabt.

and Nile Ranger

and routledge

and ryan smith

..boy there are some AWFUL predictions in there

Hmmmmm that Frank Lampard comparison is spot on. Didn't think about it before but he does actually have a similar playing style to Lampard. I also think he's going to make it big.

Odemwingwe mk2 - steer clear from media hype and temporary form!

Well Odemwinge is still scoring goals and playing well so you really could have come out with a better case of media hyping a player based on temporary form. Anyway Sigurosson has been a success since his Reading days so i fail to see how it's temporary form.

The same way Adam was a sucess with Blackpool and was found out in the brickest Liverpool team for 20 years.

Then again - that's probably the calibre of player a club of Swansea's scale would be looking to attract so kudos to them

One season-wonder, flat track bully, fatter Defoe mk2

well not really given that this is his second season of doing well (looked good at Hoffenheim before that too) and now has the best goals-per-minute ratio of ANY striker in prem history (according to the commentary the other day). Dodgy knee though...

Rossi suffered an ACL. Anyone who's had one or knows someone who has will know it's a bitch of an injury to fully recover from and really should take upto a year of rehabilitation to get to a level where you can be playing sports again. A lot of physical therapy is required and there's a very high risk of other knee injuries, add to that the mental side of going into a challenge in fear of suffering it all over again.

I'd rather we gave him a miss personally just based on this.

I'm no doctor, but lots of players have come back from ACL injuries not losing anything in the game. I suppose its about how drastic the injury is and how the body copes in healing, but also very advanced techniques in rebuilding that mishmash of cartilage, ligament and bone that is the knee. who's to say a new signing wouldn't succuumb to another serious knee injury? In any case, our backroom team has to have the best knee rehab program in the world for bringing King through the years with his injury!

I'm no doctor, but lots of players have come back from ACL injuries not losing anything in the game. I suppose its about how drastic the injury is and how the body copes in healing, but also very advanced techniques in rebuilding that mishmash of cartilage, ligament and bone that is the knee. who's to say a new signing wouldn't succuumb to another serious knee injury? In any case, our backroom team has to have the best knee rehab program in the world for bringing King through the years with his injury!

Could you give me some names? an ACL problem make you prone to more injuries for the rest of your career. you might come back to 95% at one point but being 100% is out of question

I'm no doctor, but lots of players have come back from ACL injuries not losing anything in the game.

I suppose I'm thinking mostly of Owen, Essien, Gazza, Bullard maybe and Fowler - maybe even Anderson who is struggling to get back to fitness.

People like Xavi, Van Nistelrooy, Pires and Keane have done well after an ACL. I guess rehab may be even more advanced now but I suspect it depends how bad the injury was (what grade) and how many other knee ligaments were affected.

The same way Adam was a sucess with Blackpool and was found out in the brickest Liverpool team for 20 years.

Then again - that's probably the calibre of player a club of Swansea's scale would be looking to attract so kudos to them

Adam was a success at Blackpool but 99% of football fans knew full well he'd never make it at a bigger club (do you not remember the moans and groans on here when we had a last minute bid for him?). Comparing that fat waster adam with Sigurdsson is an insult to Sigurdsson (which is probably why Liverpool are linked with him as Daglish has finally come to his senses with Adam).

Back