• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I hear Jimmy Kong is becoming available again.

If we can bring him in on a free transfer, Jimmy Kong would be a superb piece of business. We were linked to him a few seasons ago when he would have partnered Ledley at the back but now perhaps he will be Ledley's replacement. How his manager Didier N'tseezat hasn't signed him to a new contract is incredible!

I hear Jimmy Kong is becoming available again.

tried to find the news article, but stumbled across this;

"About Holland, I would love to see van Dervart at the Lane, but I dont wna abring in more wingers then we need too. I thnk Snock would also do well as we are a big enough club.

In January, I dont see Van Bommel comming. PSV have moved on in the Champions League and he would probally wana still play in that. Maybe in the summer."

At the time we had Ricketts and were hoping to sign Routlege or Reid!
Only 6 years ago.......but Harry's crap

I see Harry has announced to the world we. Are interested in hazard. I wish he would keep his mouth shut I really don't know what is gained by him announcing it to the world. He will be lucky when he takes over England no other nation can nick the players he is looking at!!!

I see Harry has announced to the world we. Are interested in hazard. I wish he would keep his mouth shut I really don't know what is gained by him announcing it to the world. He will be lucky when he takes over England no other nation can nick the players he is looking at!!!

You and me both

Plus what's the point in Harry announcing this when he is off to be England manager soon?! Who cares what transfer targets he wants? What's more important is who our next manager is and which players he wants to bring to the club.

Plus what's the point in Harry announcing this when he is off to be England manager soon?! Who cares what transfer targets he wants? What's more important is who our next manager is and which players he wants to bring to the club.

who's to say he is definitely off

if he thought Levy would back him in the transfer market to have another (better) crack at the title next season i think he would stay

if he thought he had a realistic chance at winning the title he'd be a fool to leave for England

who's to say he is definitely off

if he thought Levy would back him in the transfer market to have another (better) crack at the title next season i think he would stay

if he thought he had a realistic chance at winning the title he'd be a fool to leave for England

It just appears to be the worst kept secret that Redknapp will be leaving to take over England in the summer. The media have concluded that idea, other players and fans and Redknapp himself has said that he will stay with us until the end of the season. Why would he not just flatly turn down any talk of England if he wanted to stay with us for good?

I would love to be wrong on this though. I think Redknapp is fantastic for us and I am confident that we are only on the journey to the top and that we can get even better than where we are now.

So no one else had heard about Hazard before Harry mentioned him? Damn him

My irritation is not about talking about Hazard in particular but rather in players general. I just don't think he needs to talk about players contracted to other players. If someone did it to one of our key players we would complain about our player being tapped up

It was more the comment about other teams (nation) know which players he's looking at. Scouting networks are so large these days, with most of the people doing it knowing each other, that most teams will know who's looking at which player. Harry talking about it won't make a difference.

I agree that the aspect of talking about another teams player leaves a sour taste, but it's not tapping up. In this instance anyway, Hazard spoke first.

It just appears to be the worst kept secret that Redknapp will be leaving to take over England in the summer. The media have concluded that idea, other players and fans and Redknapp himself has said that he will stay with us until the end of the season. Why would he not just flatly turn down any talk of England if he wanted to stay with us for good?

I would love to be wrong on this though. I think Redknapp is fantastic for us and I am confident that we are only on the journey to the top and that we can get even better than where we are now.

because he doesn't know what he wants to do yet - IMO, just offering an alternative look at it really

if we were just on the cusp of top 4 then id have no doubt he would leave for England, but we are so close to being genuine contenders for the title and not just a one season wonder that i honestly believe that he would stay, this is surely his last chance to go for the title, why would you leave Tottenham right now if you thought you could win the League next season ?

i wouldn't be surprised if he has said to Levy - "back me in the summer and i will stay"

because he doesn't know what he wants to do yet - IMO, just offering an alternative look at it really

if we were just on the cusp of top 4 then id have no doubt he would leave for England, but we are so close to being genuine contenders for the title and not just a one season wonder that i honestly believe that he would stay, this is surely his last chance to go for the title, why would you leave Tottenham right now if you thought you could win the League next season ?

i wouldn't be surprised if he has said to Levy - "back me in the summer and i will stay"

what he said

Well, if any of us here were Spurs manager now, I doubt that we would want to leave at all but we're not Harry. Harry has less of a connection to the club, managing the team is a job to him and one that he gets paid well to do. I've no doubt that he can see the potential in the side and he is aware of the quality players we have but if managing England has been his life long dream then he's less likely to turn down a job offer from the English FA.

I think the role of England manager is a poisoned chalice that few come out of looking good. I think that a lot less fans actually care about the England team and fixtures these days and think club football is where it is at these days. So I think managers that our club should be a bigger pull than England is, in terms of the management position.

I think Harry will do the Euro's and thats it. He will then wait till after the world cup to take over full time. England dont have a hope n hells chance of winning in Brazil and half the England squad will either be too old or too inexperienced to have any chance in Brazil. So he will wait till the next Manager suffers but by then the older players will be out of the squad, the younger players will have more experience and Harry will have won the league with Spurs.

Thats how I would think this scenario will play out.

Back