• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Maradona putting City back in their place

Recent weeks have seen the Spanish league leaders linked with a sensational summer move for the former Atletico man.

The Argentine was on Real's radar before he joined City and now they are said to be stepping up their interest again with fellow countryman Gonzalo Higuain linked as part of a potential swap deal.

Aguero himself was quick to deny the suggestions that he could leave City when Real were linked last month and Jose Mourinho hit out at the ongoing rumours during a press conference on Tuesday.

But Maradona's quotes have again stoked up the flames of speculation.

Speaking to Argentine radio station La Red, Maradona said of his son-in-law: "Kun has to play for Real Madrid.

"Even though he is flying at City, the best thing would have been to sign for Madrid. He made a mistake.

"Now, as he is doing so well, it will be difficult to get him from City. However, if Madrid want someone, they get them."

Maradona insists that Real will pay the money needed to land Aguero.

"(President) Florentino (Perez) has no limits. It's a question of convincing City - but not with money because they have plenty of that," he added.

Maradona putting City back in their place

Recent weeks have seen the Spanish league leaders linked with a sensational summer move for the former Atletico man.

The Argentine was on Real's radar before he joined City and now they are said to be stepping up their interest again with fellow countryman Gonzalo Higuain linked as part of a potential swap deal.

Aguero himself was quick to deny the suggestions that he could leave City when Real were linked last month and Jose Mourinho hit out at the ongoing rumours during a press conference on Tuesday.

But Maradona's quotes have again stoked up the flames of speculation.

Speaking to Argentine radio station La Red, Maradona said of his son-in-law: "Kun has to play for Real Madrid.

"Even though he is flying at City, the best thing would have been to sign for Madrid. He made a mistake.

"Now, as he is doing so well, it will be difficult to get him from City. However, if Madrid want someone, they get them."

Maradona insists that Real will pay the money needed to land Aguero.

"(President) Florentino (Perez) has no limits. It's a question of convincing City - but not with money because they have plenty of that," he added.

As much as I admire Maradona and his abilities as a player, the last 20 years he's been talking out of his arse.
That doesn't mean Real won't go for Aguero, but using Maradona as a source of anything reliable is a mistake on behalf of the journalist.

That aside, it is very much in line with what has been written the last couple of days. Let's hope there is something to it.

To be fair, Maradona is Aguero's father-in-law. I'd guess that he will know better than most about what Aguero wants.

No way City will sell though. They don't need Real's money.

As much as I admire Maradona and his abilities as a player, the last 20 years he's been talking out of his arse.
That doesn't mean Real won't go for Aguero, but using Maradona as a source of anything reliable is a mistake on behalf of the journalist.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Spurs look to Rovers

Tottenham Hotspur, 11:11, April 4, 2012

Tottenham chief scout Ian Broomfield was at Ewood Park on Monday evening watching Blackburn ace Junior Hoilett in action.

The 21-year-old Canadian forward has been heavily linked with a move away from Rovers when his current contract expires at the end of the season as he is yet to put pen-to-paper on a new deal which was offered to him six months ago.

Hoilett remained at the club during the January transfer window despite reported interest from Spurs and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, along with several clubs in Italy and Germany.

overs chief Steve Kean has always maintained that he is hopeful of keeping the player on board at the end of the season if they win their battle to avoid relegation, while Hoilett stressed last month that he is just focused on his football.

But it appears that Spurs will be mounting a new bid to take Hoilett to White Hart Lane in the summer after Broomfield was spotted in the stands at Ewood Park as Rovers dropped back into the relegation zone.

If Hoilett does leave Rovers, the club will be entitled to compensation due to the fact he is under the age of 24 but that figure will be nowhere near what they could get in the normal market.

http://www.clubcall.com/tottenham-hotspur/spurs-look-to-rovers-1407891.html

Spurs join striker race

Last Updated: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 10:51

Tottenham are being linked with a summer bid for Sunderland forward Stephane Sessegnon who could be set for a move.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is just one of a number of Premier League managers who are looking to take advantage of the Benin internationals homesickness in the north east, Liverpool, his former club Paris-Saint Germain and Arsenal are also said to be keen.

Spurs look likely to lose the services of Emmanuel Adebayor in the summer as he is set to return to Emirates Marketing Project at the end of the season and the need for a replacement has seen them linked with Sessegnon.

Black Cats boss Martin O'Neill has admitted he may struggle to keep the player who has impressed with five goals since the turn of the year, which in turn has alerted a host of admirers.

O'Neill said: "It is something towards the end of the season I want to look at. We wouldn't want to lose Sessegnon because of homesickness.

"I haven't had a word from his agent but I believe his name will be bandied around, and we'd hate to lose him."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/tottenham-hotspur/spurs-join-striker-race-1407866.html

I like Hoilett and Sessegnon, and guess that one of them would be a useful squad player as back-up for both Bale and VDV's positions.

I like Hoilett and Sessegnon, and guess that one of them would be a useful squad player as back-up for both Bale and VDV's positions.

Sometimes I think looking for a backup is our problem. Valencia or Nani who is the backup? While I actually rate Hoilet and would not mind if we sign him I feel we should not always be going for backups but rather a player that would give our first team players a fight for their place. Nani was excellent last season on the right while Valencia has been just as good this season. We need a similar strength in depth next season.

Which is why if we do keep Ade we still need a player at least as good, but hopefully better

It's a bit arrogant to think Spurs are going to sign sought-after players as "backup". Not least because that's hardly a proposition you can put to prospective signings and expect them to come.

Would prefer Marin but Hoillet is a decent player and reminds me a lot of what Ashley Young used to be like at Watford. We missed on on him when he went to Villa and stepped up a level

Sometimes I think looking for a backup is our problem. Valencia or Nani who is the backup? While I actually rate Hoilet and would not mind if we sign him I feel we should not always be going for backups but rather a player that would give our first team players a fight for their place. Nani was excellent last season on the right while Valencia has been just as good this season. We need a similar strength in depth next season.

Which is why if we do keep Ade we still need a player at least as good, but hopefully better

i see what you're saying but i feel you're only saying this NOW because of how valencia has been pplaying.

he was always a good player, just as you've indicated, but prior to his recent run of games i am sure that nani was clear favourite as a starter. even ashley young was clear favourite as a starter.
to tell you the truth, football and the preceived ability of a footballer is very fluid for viewers.....very few people take the longer perspective on things. which is why if valencia doesnt play then he doesnt get the exposure needed to show to both the world viewers and his manager that he has what it takes to command a starting place. To Ferguson's credit he sticks wih the players on form for as long as he can , pending fatigue / injury/ discipline/ aND a whole myraid of factors.

i'll tell you this right now that if you were to ask who was worth more money at the start of the season between nani , valencia and young. valencia would have been the cheapest guy there....now? the deviation from thier combined average price would be very small for each person you took in isolation

football is all about form, marketing and competitive experience on various levels....because of that you cant say that you dont like 'backups' like sessagnon and hoilett. what makes you think they are backups? i'm guessing its because of the small market team they play in, a lack of exposure to their performances in depth and against whoever and a possible lack of awareness as to thier form or how they are playing in the position they are in perhaps? i dont know, all guesses

what i do know is that consistency breeds success.....its the differential between your top performances and your worse ones , brought about through injury and lack of fitness along with your form , that tells a team where they will end up. a 'backup' player of good quality stops the rot in performance levels when a player is out that would have significantly helped us

lennon out? hoilett comes in (i can honestly say that although hoilett isnt as 'scary' and as dangerous as lennon, that the levels of our bteam would not drop enough for us to worry too much about results.

similarly with sessagnon and a few positions in our team

back ups are very important

Very true. Whenever we lose an important player, we seem to be faced with having to adapt our game more often than not. One of my biggest worries about our run-in is our level of exposure in terms of potential injuries compared with them down the road.

Very true. Whenever we lose an important player, we seem to be faced with having to adapt our game more often than not. One of my biggest worries about our run-in is our level of exposure in terms of potential injuries compared with them down the road.

An injury to Van Persie and 3rd place is gone for them.

i see what you're saying but i feel you're only saying this NOW because of how valencia has been pplaying.

No african that is not the case. have thought this for several years which is why I have never been drawn into the conversation of buying players for backup unless that are young with bags of potential. The problem with the average backup player is that is what they are, backup, and not as good as what you have, not even close to.

Now I appreciate that if a player is so good, like Bale that it is nearly impossible to sign for us and walk in and take Bale's place in the starting lineup, that is because he is a very special player. But I would have hoped we would be interested in signing players that would give the likes of Lennon and Ade a run for their money so that when these players are not available there is not such a major drop off.

he was always a good player, just as you've indicated, but prior to his recent run of games i am sure that nani was clear favourite as a starter. even ashley young was clear favourite as a starter.

I see you have forgotten so soon two seasons prior to a very bad injury in a CL match when Valencia was playing on the right and Nani on the left that the former looked not only the superior winger but the best left right winger in the country. He then suffered a very bad injury and had a very long time out of the game. I can assure you his current run of formis not the first time he has excelled for Man Utd.

lennon out? hoilett comes in (i can honestly say that although hoilett isnt as 'scary' and as dangerous as lennon, that the levels of our bteam would not drop enough for us to worry too much about results.

I rate Hoilet highly, a young player with bags of potential and would love him at Spurs. My problem is that when people use the term backup I think of players like Steven Pienaar, a player I did not really rate and came here to a squadd filling job without ever excelling at any one position

As for sessagnon I have nothing against him, but I want us to buy players in positions we need not just to take up spaces in our squad. Can you enlighten me as to what position he acutally plays, all I know is that he is an attacking players of sorts with a decent goal return? Not sure if he is a winger? If so which wing? Could h eplay with VDV or instead of VDV? you know me I have a weakness for 2 strikers anyway

back ups are very important

I see where you are coming from, quite logical. But then I would argue one very good way of maintain a squad is by improving a team with better players so that previous first team became backups to the better players you bring in. So yes, backups are important

Back