• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Apparently Pep doesn't want Gomez and he's being touted to Fiorentina for €15m. What's more I think he's on £95k a week, just within our means. Levy?

Not exactly a shock that Pep doesn't want Gomez.

Good player, but Bayern found an upgrade on him in Mandzukic reportedly for less than what they want for Gomez now. I think we can do better too.

well, looks like croatian journalists are ignorig what mamic said on the press conference, and are sure that the deal is done for Halilovic and Jedvaj. Even Halilovics dad said that he is gutted that his son is leaving dinamo

well, looks like croatian journalists are ignorig what mamic said on the press conference, and are sure that the deal is done for Halilovic and Jedvaj. Even Halilovics dad said that he is gutted that his son is leaving dinamo

what about the rumour that Halilovic will stay at Dinamo for another year? Also did his father mention where his kid will be going?

what about the rumour that Halilovic will stay at Dinamo for another year? Also did his father mention where his kid will be going?

Jedvaj will come in 6 months, Halilovic next year. Nobody is questioning that. As far as his dad is concerned, I'm afraid that there is no direct quote, just a big article in croatians biggest (although not allways reliable) daily newspapers. First there are links from some english media, then the journalists says something like: I found out from reliable sources that Sead Halilovic is not happy with his son's transfer to London. He told me that he wanted to become the best dinamo player.

link: http://www.jutarnji.hr/sead-halilovic-tuzan--alen-je-htio-postati-glavni-igrac-dinama---/1112036/

Although, it has to be said that that journalist is known to write somewhat sensationalist articles, but this morning I found something like 10 articles in various croatian papers and internet portals all saying that they are sold and that the deal is done

Jedvaj will come in 6 months, Halilovic next year. Nobody is questioning that. As far as his dad is concerned, I'm afraid that there is no direct quote, just a big article in croatians biggest (although not allways reliable) daily newspapers. First there are links from some english media, then the journalists says something like: I found out from reliable sources that Sead Halilovic is not happy with his son's transfer to London. He told me that he wanted to become the best dinamo player.

link: http://www.jutarnji.hr/sead-halilovic-tuzan--alen-je-htio-postati-glavni-igrac-dinama---/1112036/

Although, it has to be said that that journalist is known to write somewhat sensationalist articles, but this morning I found something like 10 articles in various croatian papers and internet portals all saying that they are sold and that the deal is done

In my experience (I'm Norwegian myself and of course following Spurs transfer news more than i probably should) journalists from smaller countries are often a bit more clued in on transfers on their players than journalists in bigger countries are. Agents, clubs and players in the bigger nations are more used to the attention and used to having to keep things quiet. In smaller countries clubs, players and agents tend to get a bit closer. Whereas in England one journalist might have a connection or two where he sometimes gets information the people involved in football in smaller countries tend to be a bit closer as they're a smaller group of people and not under that constant pressure of having huge money deals going on.

Just my take on things, I don't know if you have the same impression from the Croatian media? Either way I hope your media is right :)

In my experience (I'm Norwegian myself and of course following Spurs transfer news more than i probably should) journalists from smaller countries are often a bit more clued in on transfers on their players than journalists in bigger countries are. Agents, clubs and players in the bigger nations are more used to the attention and used to having to keep things quiet. In smaller countries clubs, players and agents tend to get a bit closer. Whereas in England one journalist might have a connection or two where he sometimes gets information the people involved in football in smaller countries tend to be a bit closer as they're a smaller group of people and not under that constant pressure of having huge money deals going on.

Just my take on things, I don't know if you have the same impression from the Croatian media? Either way I hope your media is right :)

Usually it's not a good idea to trust anything that is written by croatia's sports journalists. They may have good inside infos, but that doesn't stop them to write all kind of BS. Especially you can't trust them during transfer season. You couldn't beleve the amount of disgusting articles written during the "modric to RM saga". The thing that makes me optimistic is that right now all of them are saying that Halilovic and Jedvaj are going to Tottenham.

I love the Internet. Updates from a fella reading Croatian newspapers whilst I catch the bus home from work in Sydney.

Usually it's not a good idea to trust anything that is written by croatia's sports journalists. They may have good inside infos, but that doesn't stop them to write all kind of BS. Especially you can't trust them during transfer season. You couldn't beleve the amount of disgusting articles written during the "modric to RM saga". The thing that makes me optimistic is that right now all of them are saying that Halilovic and Jedvaj are going to Tottenham.

There are degrees of trust though, not saying that I trust that the deal is done. Just that I think it's quite likely that we're at least somewhat close.

Unfortunately the Modric to Madrid story was probably spot on from the Croatian press in the end. In my memory the news being broken there first, reports of him wanting to go there and of their interest? Or am I imagining things again? Like now, perhaps not as far along as they reported, but there was real interest and a wish to make it happen both on the part of the player and the buying club. Hopefully this is the case now as well.

Reserve defender Grant Hall (signed from Brighton & Hove Albion last summer) and midfielder Massimo Luongo will spend the 2013-14 season on loan to Swindon Town.

Back