• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Policy

It disappoints me that newcastles scouts can find someone like Cisse yet ours can't. Does Harry send his scouts further than Ireland...genuine question pardon the sarcasm.

We HAVE messed up in the past 3 windows no doubt in my mind. I called Lambert last season and was told by virtually everyone he wouldn't do it in the prem. He still hasn't proved me right or wrong so fair enough. I called Jelavic before Everton signed him and was told he wouldn't do it in the Premiership. Just saying...

This summer will be a very interesting one from our point of view.

But it's so easy to sit here, now, pointing at the transfers that worked out saying that those are the signings that any manager with half a brain would look to sign. Mertesacker, Park, Ruiz and Savic for example have been far from big hits.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine were also in a completely different situation from us, almost no expectations, anything mid-table would be a good season. So they could gamble on some cheaper options, give them game time from the get go and see how it worked out.
No doubt. Managers should be allowed to mess up, but only if the idea behind the transfer is comprehensible and the overall strategy on the transfer market seems smart. Harry's strategy isn't, and it tinkles me off that he gets away with it because it's ruining my club.

It disappoints me that newcastles scouts can find someone like Cisse yet ours can't. Does Harry send his scouts further than Ireland...genuine question pardon the sarcasm.

We HAVE messed up in the past 3 windows no doubt in my mind. I called Lambert last season and was told by virtually everyone he wouldn't do it in the prem. He still hasn't proved me right or wrong so fair enough. I called Jelavic before Everton signed him and was told he wouldn't do it in the Premiership. Just saying...

This summer will be a very interesting one from our point of view.

Easy to remember the good finds though isn't it?

How about the Bryan Ruiz's of this world? Much to the angst of our know-it-all, FM-obsessed fans, our scouts passed him over, as they - rightly - judged him to be pretty fudging brick. Fulham thought he was excellent though, and promptly lashed ?ú11m on him.

Record: 2 goals...in 27 games.

Prolific.

Easy to remember the good finds though isn't it?

How about the Bryan Ruiz's of this world? Much to the angst of our know-it-all, FM-obsessed fans, our scouts passed him over, as they - rightly - judged him to be pretty fudging brick. Fulham thought he was excellent though, and promptly lashed ?ú11m on him.

Record: 2 goals...in 27 games.

Prolific.

Couldn't give two hoots about him I mentioned Cisse cos if a team like Saudi Sportswashing Machine can find him we sure as hell should be able to as well. Yet we can't...?

Couldn't give two hoots about him I mentioned Cisse cos if a team like Saudi Sportswashing Machine can find him we sure as hell should be able to as well. Yet we can't...?

Right. So, you don't give a toss about players who turn out to be brick - only those who turn out to be good? And Spurs are supposed to be able to find all the good ones, and no rubbish ones?

You might wanna reassess your expectations.

Right. So, you don't give a toss about players who turn out to be brick - only those who turn out to be good? And Spurs are supposed to be able to find all the good ones, and no rubbish ones?

You might wanna reassess your expectations.

Let me simplify things, Harry has been here almost 3 seasons and we are still awaiting a top quality striker we can call our own. Personally I would have thought that was critical considering every body at Spurs desires CL football

Let me simplify things, Harry has been here almost 3 seasons and we are still awaiting a top quality striker we can call our own. Personally I would have thought that was critical considering every body at Spurs desires CL football

And is that Harrys fault? I suppose it is right? I mean he gives a list of strikers to Levy and Levy does the rest. What Harry should do is not only identify the strikers but also chase them, go to their house fudgein stalk them, court them call it what you will.

I cannot fathom why people blame Harry for the loan signings and for the lack of a central defender or striker. HARRY WANTS A STRIKER HARRY IDENTIFIES PLAYER LEVY HAS NOT GOT THEM. That is why we go for the loans.

We tried to get Remy we didnt get him so what does Harry do? Get in Saha a short stop gap rather than get in a 15m striker who he doesnt rate. That is good business sense.

Redknapp could have had Huntelaar and was in with a chance for Suarez but thought Crouch and Pav were better.

Allow me to simplify further: do you seriously think Harry wants to play with Louis fudging Saha up front?

Redknapp could have had Huntelaar and was in with a chance for Suarez but thought Crouch and Pav were better.

Yeah, because Huntelaar is fudging amazing aint he? I mean, look at him go in the Premier League! What's what...he doens't play in the Premier League? Yeah, probably in with a chance of Suarez...until Liverpool FC come knocking. No offence to us, but we're not on the same planet as Liverpool mate. You're barking up the wrong tree, if you level criticism at Harry's door, for not signing someone who had his sights set on a bigger club - hardly fair. Pav is toss and Harry barely plays him. Crouch, although painful to watch, actually did a job for us. When he stopped doing that job, Harry sold him.

Yeah, because Huntelaar is fudging amazing aint he? I mean, look at him go in the Premier League! What's what...he doens't play in the Premier League? Yeah, probably in with a chance of Suarez...until Liverpool FC come knocking. No offence to us, but we're not on the same planet as Liverpool mate. You're barking up the wrong tree, if you level criticism at Harry's door, for not signing someone who had his sights set on a bigger club - hardly fair. Pav is toss and Harry barely plays him. Crouch, although painful to watch, actually did a job for us. When he stopped doing that job, Harry sold him.

181 lge goals in 278 lge games is pretty good in my book yes.

He was the one that brought him to the club.

Naaaah, no brick Sherlock.

So, Harry waited all the way through January, just so he could SWOOOOOP for Louis Saha, right?

fudging hell mate, get a grip. Harry would've been after much better quality than Louis Saha, but just wanting players isn't enough to bring them to the club. Levy is tight as fudge, he aint gonna pay silly money for anyone - so what's to say that Harry didn't give him a list of strikers and say 'look, go for x, y & z - but if you can't get them, I want back-up of some sort'. At least we're not left short.

Or, maybe we should've desperately spent ?ú30m on Huntelaar and fumed over how woefully average he is? I'd rather spend ?ú2m on Saha for that pleasure.

Naaaah, no brick Sherlock.

So, Harry waited all the way through January, just so he could SWOOOOOP for Louis Saha, right?

fudging hell mate, get a grip. Harry would've been after much better quality than Louis Saha, but just wanting players isn't enough to bring them to the club. Levy is tight as fudge, he aint gonna pay silly money for anyone - so what's to say that Harry didn't give him a list of strikers and say 'look, go for x, y & z - but if you can't get them, I want back-up of some sort'. At least we're not left short.

Or, maybe we should've desperately spent ?ú30m on Huntelaar and fumed over how woefully average he is? I'd rather spend ?ú2m on Saha for that pleasure.

You do not need to make excuses for redknapp you know, he wrote the book on them.

Redknapp has often talked about how he had to convince the board to sign Parker, surely he could do the same if he really believed in a top striker. The difference would be huge as you can see with Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I dont trust Ade as he seems to be like Defoe for scoring in streaks and then has a drought. Saha isnt a goal scorer anymore and shouldnt start for us anymore.

BUT WHY?

People arent seeing the causes of some of these purchases/loans huh

Redknapp said when he got the job that he has control of the transfers. If we cant sign the players on his list, then maybe they are unrealistic. I cant see why we have the whole summer to get players in and are still looking on deadline day if Redknapp is doing his job. The whole thing stinks of a lack of preparation by Rednapp and Levy in how to get our targets in time for preseason.

Back