• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Townsend and the missus

A couple of my mates are Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans and neither expected him to do much for them. Glad he's knocking them away, kind of like when he played for England, decent strike rate.

A couple of my mates are Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans and neither expected him to do much for them. Glad he's knocking them away, kind of like when he played for England, decent strike rate.

I think most of us thought we had overpaid quite a lot, but he is producing the goods so far.

It seems like Townsend has found his level, just like many other former Spurs players including Sigurdsson and Defoe. Remember his long range shots and free kicks used to be shyte for us.

The thing is when he got the ball with us there was 10 men behind the ball defending so he he had no room,i remember the game against liverpool he was tinkling about with it got caught and moreno scored.....with Saudi Sportswashing Machine most of their chances are on the break ideal ground for a winger to score.

The thing with Townsend, if you cut in and shot on sight you will at some point have a little purple patch

But in the grand scheme of Euro Elite he is bang average

It seems like Townsend has found his level, just like many other former Spurs players including Sigurdsson and Defoe. Remember his long range shots and free kicks used to be shyte for us.

Found his level, but more importantly found a team playing a style of football that suits him.

Defend deep-ish, space to counter attack in. No big deal if you waste 10-15 long range shots as long as you get rid of the ball and the team can get organized again. Not much need for intricate quick passing or attacking against teams parking the bus.

Back