• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham v QPR match ratings

Great performance. This is what i wanted to see when I wanted AVB sacked. I wanted a menacing, attacking Tottenham taking the game to the opposition. Yeah, there were flaws and Liverpool will be a different kettle of fish, but when we signed the 'magnificent' 7 and everyone was lining up Chadli, Lamela and Eriksen as a floating attacking trio, THAT's what we were all dreaming off. Pace, movement, skill and flair.

Capoue was an absolute beast too. COYS!

Voted on milo's Google Form thing, but special mentions:

Dier - MOTM. Magnificently assured performance at right-back, handled Remy cutting inside with ease for most of the game and was both a real threat going forward and a good crosser of the ball throughout the ninety. Capped off with another goal. Great start from him.

Chadli - he'll have to face pacier defenses (which will test his drifting abilities and his ability to play that inside forward role), but was a real menace today. Consistently picked the right pass, restricted his crossing in favour of drifting into the box like a classic wing forward, and showed great predatory instincts in the box and at the far post to score his two. He's got muscle, aerial ability and intelligence: if he can somehow squeeze an extra ounce of pace from somewhere, he'd be perfect for our left-wing role. Very well done today.

Kaboul and Vertonghen - Assured. Made a few mistakes (bad communication for Matt Phillips' chance in the first half) and faded away towards the end, but were composed and confident. Good performance.

Danny Rose - Made intelligent runs and passes today. Well done.

Lamela - still needs to improve on his decision making and passing, but was a real menace dribbling at the heart of QPR's shambolic defense and made some intelligent runs. Deserved his two assists. Well done.

We'll have harder tests, and it's important not to get carried away by a result against a woeful QPR side, but a good start nonetheless. We'll have harder tests, and ultimately the aim for Poch must remain to create a team that can do this consistently: this win shouldn't get us dreaming just yet.

This. Good post

Last edited:
Thanks for the votes guy. I will give it another day or so and then delete the votes from the trolls and unregistered users and then publish the results.

I thought Bentaleb did OK but was very wasteful today, loads of misplaced simple passes to give the ball away

Looking at the Spurs match centre stats it says he had an OK % completion rate overall, but a lot of them were very simple sideways/backwards balls.

He ran hard and did a lot of good things, but he really needs to improve his passing in the next game

2 3rds of Nabil's passes went forward on Sunday. I really don't understand people's obsession with knocking Bentaleb. He's a fabulous player (especially for a 19 year-old), and from what we've seen so far, Pochettino thinks so too.

He completed nearly 90% of his passes and is such an intelligent user of the ball. Compare his passing stats to similarly deep-ish lying players like Ramsey, Wheelchair, and Fabregas, and you will see that he has been excellent so far. It's obviously a small sample size, but how we already have fans who are slating Bentaleb's performances, I will never understand. He needs games, but he has a massive future IMO.

IIRC, it was his intelligent pass that set Ade away for our first goal.

A selection of Spurs fans hate Bentaleb because they associate him with Sherwood. A guy I speak to sometimes told me he couldn't understand why Bentaleb was picked against QPR. I said it was because he was one of our best players versus West Ham. He looked at me like I was mad. It's like people watch a different game sometimes.

People said he only passed sideways. But against QPR he probably put in 3 or 4 dangerous crosses or through-balls.

The thing as well is that deep-lying ball player role always starts off with criticism before people start to rate the player. I remember both Carrick and Modric having the "what do they do?" questions asked of them early doors and now the same is being said of Bentaleb. This guy is absolute quality and we will be selling him to Real Madrid or Man U for £50m in 3-4 seasons time, mark my words.

A selection of Spurs fans hate Bentaleb because they associate him with Sherwood. A guy I speak to sometimes told me he couldn't understand why Bentaleb was picked against QPR. I said it was because he was one of our best players versus West Ham. He looked at me like I was mad. It's like people watch a different game sometimes.

People said he only passed sideways. But against QPR he probably put in 3 or 4 dangerous crosses or through-balls.

The thing as well is that deep-lying ball player role always starts off with criticism before people start to rate the player. I remember both Carrick and Modric having the "what do they do?" questions asked of them early doors and now the same is being said of Bentaleb. This guy is absolute quality and we will be selling him to Real Madrid or Man U for £50m in 3-4 seasons time, mark my words.

Eh? No Spurs fan hates Bentaleb, as far as I know.

Some don't rate him as highly as others do. That is all.

Perhaps some of the criticism is unfair. But not all of it. And it's not meant maliciously. Merely an observation of where he's at now as a player. He has huge potential and shows great maturity for one so young. But there are nevertheless elements of his game which still need a lot of work - as is only natural.

Last season, there was a bit of an issue when Sherwood continued to pick him long after he should have been rested from his starting role. But again, that wasn't hate for Nabil. It was just frustration about the team and club as a whole last season - and Sherwood in particular.

Back