• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Palace Birds *****

5 for the scum away to Norwich, they're looking a team atm.

Na, they’re weak. Theyll embarrass themselves a few more times this season. It’s only 3 weeks since they were getting brick for losing to Everton badly.

That said, while I’m delighted with us under Conte, he hasn’t really beaten anyone yet. Leeds, Brentford, Norwich and Palace is good but you’d expect to beat all those teams at home (even if you can always slip up in one of those games). He’s also had most of his games at home. A lot proven by Conte but still more to prove.

Hopefully he can get us to top 4 but I’ll pretty much guarantee you something. If we don’t get it, Woolwich certainly won’t.

I wonder if the thinking behind leaving lucas on for 90 mins is because conte plans to mix it up at soton with something like.

lloris
sanchez, dier, davies
emerson, winks, hojbjerg, reguilon
dele
kane, son

Fairly fresh team against a tired saints, put the game to bed early and then substitute the wing backs and maybe a centre back.

Then revert to the more usual side at watford.

Rio talks rubbish on BT. Banging on about Sanchez milking it. I thought you can't put your hands in someone's face period. Don't matter if he rolled about for 30mins or got hurt.

FHjGeOeXoAgxn4I

@milo I'm not actually sure. I'd lean towards Skipp or Royal I think. Reggie gets a nod as well.

Quite incredible that Reggie didn't get a goal or an assist. Kept getting into great positions, but was denied by a few sloppy deliveries and finishes, and greedy Moura.

I wonder if the thinking behind leaving lucas on for 90 mins is because conte plans to mix it up at soton with something like.

lloris
sanchez, dier, davies
dele
kane, son

Fairly fresh team against a tired saints, put the game to bed early and then substitute the wing backs and maybe a centre back.

Replace PEH with Skipp and I’d be happy with that team.

Great result but as another poster mentioned, we will have sterner tests, especially when we have our games in hand to make up which are tricky away games (Brighton, Burnley, Leicester).
I hope there isn't a meltdown when we do hit a sticky patch, this squad isn't a top 4 squad IMO. Get a couple of good additions in Jan however....

Rio talks rubbish on BT. Banging on about Sanchez milking it. I thought you can't put your hands in someone's face period. Don't matter if he rolled about for 30mins or got hurt.

Rio is a clam. A terrible pundit who was purely out for himself and is a fudging hypocrite.

From his fanboy “Ole at the Wheel” brick, to championing Kane going on strike to playing Man U superfan even when he tried to manufacture a move out of the club to Stamford Bridge the minute Chelsea overtook them. Sanchez acted cynically to get an advantage - exactly the sort of thing Rio talks about - having that edge and doing whatever it takes.

He’s a clam and his opinions should be treated as such.

Rio is a clam. A terrible pundit who was purely out for himself and is a fudging hypocrite.

From his fanboy “Ole at the Wheel” brick, to championing Kane going on strike to playing Man U superfan even when he tried to manufacture a move out of the club to Stamford Bridge the minute Chelsea overtook them. Sanchez acted cynically to get an advantage - exactly the sort of thing Rio talks about - having that edge and doing whatever it takes.

He’s a clam and his opinions should be treated as such.

Zaha (probably unintentionally) bitch slapped Sanchez in the face, then (deliberately) threw him to the ground - clearest yellow you'll ever see. Pointless to even consider trying to make something else out of that situation.

Solid enough that. Looked slow up until the opener, but with the quality we have a patient start is fine given the circumstances.

Couldn't have worked out much better with the two goal lead and a red in a first half where we seemed to leave quite a bit in the tank.

Could pick some nits, but overall good and solid.

lloris
sanchez, dier, davies
dele
kane, son

Quite likely, though not quite a #10 role for Alli, probably Winks holding, Alli box to box like last time. Might see Doherty get a start too.

Really good thing we could take Kane off early today. Was getting worried it would be another run him into the ground until injured approach.

lloris
sanchez, dier, davies
dele
kane, son

lloris
sanchez, dier, davies
dele
kane, son

Back