• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Brentford *****

Expecting a hard fought game, they're not in great form, but always looked really well drilled and extremely hard working when I've seen them. Can mix it up between different styles, as can we, expect a game that changes because of that.

Expecting the same lineup as the one we were going to start at the weekend.

Get the ball down, play football, push up.

---------------Lloris

----Sanchez---Dier----Davies

Royal------Winks----Skipp-----Regullion
--------------Ndombele

------------Kane----Son

I just want to see if we can be a bit more fluid without Hojberg in the team. And another ballplayer in for Moura

I think the question of why Conte has preferred a 3-4-3 over a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 is rather interesting.

3-4-1-2 would seem to give a more natural immediate role to Ndombele, GLC or Alli. Son and Kane as strikers, looks good. Seems like a strong line-up.

Problems for me are:
-Lack of trustworthy options for the #10 role. GLC injured, clear questions over Ndombele, Alli in poor form for a long time.
-No real options up front. Moura? Bergwijn? Gil? One of the #10 options as strikers? Can't see it. Two games a week, need for a consistent system to work that in, need for bench options.

Starting 11 might look stronger in a 3-4-1-2, but there are no real options and little trust in the #10. No real natural role for Moura or Bergwijn.

Don't expect a change now. Think Conte will try to stick with this to work a system into the players without chopping and changing. I think that's a good choice.

The path to more creativity remains Ndombele or GLC being trusted as one of the two central midfielders. It's not a great position to be in, but it's the position an unbalanced squad has left us in.

Don't think Hojbjerg will be dropped, certainly not for Winks at this point. I see your point, but Hojbjerg has performed at a much higher level over a long time.

If we win our next two home games against newly promoted teams, as we would have seen as a certainty a few years ago, we could go 4th...

However, I just don't have great confidence in this team/squad and I expect to be disappointed....

Someone else mentioned how our defence may struggle to deal with Toney, and I agree... I wonder if our opposing teams feel the same way about Harry anymore.

I would still take Harry overToney for tonight's game but I'm not sure I will still feel the same way at 9.30..

COYS

I think the question of why Conte has preferred a 3-4-3 over a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 is rather interesting.

3-4-1-2 would seem to give a more natural immediate role to Ndombele, GLC or Alli. Son and Kane as strikers, looks good. Seems like a strong line-up.

Problems for me are:
-Lack of trustworthy options for the #10 role. GLC injured, clear questions over Ndombele, Alli in poor form for a long time.
-No real options up front. Moura? Bergwijn? Gil? One of the #10 options as strikers? Can't see it. Two games a week, need for a consistent system to work that in, need for bench options.

Starting 11 might look stronger in a 3-4-1-2, but there are no real options and little trust in the #10. No real natural role for Moura or Bergwijn.

Don't expect a change now. Think Conte will try to stick with this to work a system into the players without chopping and changing. I think that's a good choice.

The path to more creativity remains Ndombele or GLC being trusted as one of the two central midfielders. It's not a great position to be in, but it's the position an unbalanced squad has left us in.

Don't think Hojbjerg will be dropped, certainly not for Winks at this point. I see your point, but Hojbjerg has performed at a much higher level over a long time.

I think part of it is we've also had 2 years without playing passing football, so it's going to take a bit of time to train us to use possession again.

Wanted to do a midweek game this season so chose this one. Booked flights and accommodation and the bastards changed it for tv. Rebooked and lost a few quid. Que sera sera.

On Tuesday the government here introduced travel restrictions in that you now need a negative antigen test to get back in to the country. So I’ve now got to to an antigen test when I arrive in Stansted which is pointless because I’d have thought my big risk of contracting Covid would be at the game or around London. It only serves to waste a couple of hours of my time and 35 quid.

Just through security in Dublin and tucking into a fry, coffee and pint. You’ve let me down before Tottenham, oh how you’ve let me down before. Don’t do it today. Do what you have to to win.

And H, if you’re reading this, it’s not quite 31 hours but I have gone to a bit of trouble here and I’ve never abused you on Twitter…guest tickets maybe?

I think part of it is we've also had 2 years without playing passing football, so it's going to take a bit of time to train us to use possession again.

Probably true.

Also about the other players we have. A 3-4-1-2 would typically require the wing backs to run the flanks more on their own. Reguilon might be able to do that, not so sure about Emerson.

I fancy them to exploit us and get ball into Toney, who will destroy our CBs.

Oh how I hope that you can come back to this thread and admit you were wrong post match. I definitely share your concerns though.

Assuming Sanchez, Dier and Davies is probably only Dier that could be expected to compete with Toney fairly effectively. Not a player type Sanchez or Davies will thrive in duels against. Perhaps Conte will go with Tanganga? But the plan was Sanchez aga Burnley and they pose that similar threat so difficult to see that happening.

Really need our centre backs to be smart. Not jumping into duels they will lose and be left on the ground, but also not just standing off Toney and give him the freedom to just bring the ball down and find teammates. Get close, challenge, but in a controlled manner. And the others to do the job fighting for the second balls.

Definitely a solid test for our newly composed back three.

Date - 2nd December
K.O - 19.30pm
Venue - NWHL

My Team

---------------Lloris

Royal Dier Tanganga Davies Reggie

------------Skipp PEH

---------Moura Kane Son

Hard fought victory for me 2/3-1

He's not going to play Japhet centrally. The middle centre back needs to be good on the ball and have a decent range of passing.

Wanted to do a midweek game this season so chose this one. Booked flights and accommodation and the bastards changed it for tv. Rebooked and lost a few quid. Que sera sera.

On Tuesday the government here introduced travel restrictions in that you now need a negative antigen test to get back in to the country. So I’ve now got to to an antigen test when I arrive in Stansted which is pointless because I’d have thought my big risk of contracting Covid would be at the game or around London. It only serves to waste a couple of hours of my time and 35 quid.

Just through security in Dublin and tucking into a fry, coffee and pint. You’ve let me down before Tottenham, oh how you’ve let me down before. Don’t do it today. Do what you have to to win.

And H, if you’re reading this, it’s not quite 31 hours but I have gone to a bit of trouble here and I’ve never abused you on Twitter…guest tickets maybe?

Enjoy, buddy!

I remember people raving about Ollie Watkins a few years ago. I'd never seen him and assumed he was some white speccy kid like Frannie Jeffers.
Then they moved on to Ivan Toney. I assumed he was some big strapping white lad.
/racist.
Both are brilliant players and would be great additions to our ssqquuaadd. I said it twice in case people think I said 'first team ousting Kane'.

I remember people raving about Ollie Watkins a few years ago. I'd never seen him and assumed he was some white speccy kid like Frannie Jeffers.
Then they moved on to Ivan Toney. I assumed he was some big strapping white lad.
/racist.
Both are brilliant players and would be great additions to our ssqquuaadd. I said it twice in case people think I said 'first team ousting Kane'.
Maybe I’m making this up, but…. I thought I read that Watkins had a few offers at good level Prem teams but he choose Villa as he wanted to play regularly? I think he’s improved massively by playing regularly as well.

/racist.

We really should have gone for Watkins when we went for Vinicius.

Rasmus Ankersen does seem a genuine Billy Beane of football.

Davies will be back in so I'm less scared about the left side of the three. I really prefer Tanganga to Sanchez. Japhet can get forward like he showed a few times as a right back. And he can defend. I don't trust Sanchez to do any of that.

-------------------------Lloris------------------------
------Tanganga----Dier-----Davies---------
Royal---------Skipp------PEH----------Reguilon
----------Moura------Kane--------Son--------

I actually think Moura has been or best forward player recently. He has created the most chances but still doesn't look like scoring. Son and Kane need to pick up their games. Reggie and Emerson need to get more balls into the box.

Bloddy hell I have lost faith…
Please, Spurs players run when you dont have the ball… attack in waves when we have the ball.. dont defend without a attacking plan if we get the ball…

Oh how I hope that you can come back to this thread and admit you were wrong post match. I definitely share your concerns though.

Assuming Sanchez, Dier and Davies is probably only Dier that could be expected to compete with Toney fairly effectively. Not a player type Sanchez or Davies will thrive in duels against. Perhaps Conte will go with Tanganga? But the plan was Sanchez aga Burnley and they pose that similar threat so difficult to see that happening.

Really need our centre backs to be smart. Not jumping into duels they will lose and be left on the ground, but also not just standing off Toney and give him the freedom to just bring the ball down and find teammates. Get close, challenge, but in a controlled manner. And the others to do the job fighting for the second balls.

Definitely a solid test for our newly composed back three.
Admit I was wrong?!
I know you're not new here, so I assume this is some kind of reverse phycology?
Admit I was wrong?! Pfft - that's how you get banned.

Interesting to see how Sanchez does now he's back on the right.
He 'could' be a good CB on the right of a three - but nowhere else.

Back