• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs west sham united************

loved this pic

BvMC9AoIQAEkhnc.jpg

Brilliant seeing Bentaleb just jump up and hug the fan lol.

Anyone else hear Gullit slamming the system and singling out Eriksen and Lamela for criticism on MOTD? I agreed with some of what he said, but having seen how the two have clicked at times during pre season, I'm not too swayed by all he said. I mean it is the teams first competitive game

Why they let failed coaches like Gullit provide tactical insight and analysis is beyond me.

he didn't fail as coach because of his insight. coaches fail for all sorts of reasons such as communication, man management etc.

should we not listen to him because a) he's one of the greatest footballers of all time b) played in one of the greatest teams of all times c) played under one of the best if not THE best manager of all time or d) was actually correct in what he was saying which was backed up by footage?

Anyone else hear Gullit slamming the system and singling out Eriksen and Lamela for criticism on MOTD? I agreed with some of what he said, but having seen how the two have clicked at times during pre season, I'm not too swayed by all he said. I mean it is the teams first competitive game

Of all the things to pick out of the game it was very tenuous. I'd much they came inside than relying on our terrible full back crossing it in to no one.
The thing about motd analysis is the pundits haven't watched the whole game. The highlights made us look terrible today.

Lamela needs to be playing it simple right now. His confidence may be up because of pre-season but itll easy drop again if he keeps putting in ineffective performances. Saying that, it was West Ham away with 10 men so it wasnt easy. QPR at home should be better for him.

Gullit sounds exactly like he should: an ex player who couldn't make the step up to management, much like Shearer in fact.
I wouldn't give a toss for his "expert opinion".

Eriksen and Lamela weren't good today. Although Lamela was doing better as the game went on. It was a great win and I loved it 110%, but quite a few of our players weren't good. Kaboul was downright poor, as was Lennon. Hopefully those two will be replaced for the QPR game, with Davies also coming in, and we should look better then.

Also from BFS' interview:

I listened to the Tottenham lad who scored the goal saying we played direct football, so he must have been at a different match to the one we played or saw today. We outplayed and out-created Tottenham Hotspur who are supposed to be finishing in the top four, but didn't finish them off.

Did Sam watch the same game as us? I'll admit there were moments of good wing play from Downing, but were we ever cut open by West Ham's crisp passing and running off the ball? No we were out done by Cole winning plenty of knock down's for his midfield to work off of. That to me is direct. The bellend also seems to omit the fact that playing for 30+ mins against a team with one less player will result in more chances being created whilst also tiring out the opposition.

Stinging criticism from Gullit. But I respect Gullit and it is valid. He also recognised Lamela has something but as others on here have noticed he is almost too eager. He just needs to settle down. Eriksen has proved his quality before but he wasn't great today.

They'll both have better days. Both need to be a lot better. Just keep playing them

Stinging criticism from Gullit. But I respect Gullit and it is valid. He also recognised Lamela has something but as others on here have noticed he is almost too eager. He just needs to settle down. Eriksen has proved his quality before but he wasn't great today.

They'll both have better days. Both need to be a lot better. Just keep playing them

gullit says what he says because he knows that we can do better. nothing wrong with that i say.

To be fair I agreed with him, whilst he was possibly a bit harsh in his analysis, Lamela just needs to calm down a bit and do the simple stuff. He has the quality there. Eriksen was a bit out of the game as well.

Great result! Normal service resumed.

Gullit is a fool. My mate used to be his ghostwriter. He's pretty harmless, but needed to be told his opinions.

I wish MOTD would just give up on thick ex-pros and give a broadsheet journalist a seat on the show, so we can have some proper analysis. Tim Vickery almost made it into the studio during the WC, so perhaps we are not a million miles away.

But we were pretty bad. The sending off was a result of wham piling on pressure. Our midfield was not able to control the game first half. Second half we were better. After the first 10 minutes when we looked okay, whams average players were able to cut through our midfield with ease, and they should have scored a couple of goals.

Our passing was a positive. Its been some time since I've seen as pass the ball as well.

Delighted with the win ! It was a unconvincing display all around but a win is a win, escpecially in the first match of the season. Well done to Dier for scoring on his debut. It was a well-taken goal, the way he went around the goalie to score. Adebayor and Soldado can learn from that. Despite Dier's goal, I think Lloris should be the man-of-the-match as his crucial save kept us in the game.

Nice to start the season with a win. But we need to improve a lot to have a good season.

The high pressure from the front that was so apparent in preseason was missing mostly yesterday. At least it wasn't done as a team, just the odd player chasing the ball which is a waste of energy. Something to put right on the training ground.

They were better than us to be fair but they had an extra man for a half (sort of) so it's no real surprise. Anyway against this shower of ****ers I could give a rat's **** about who played better, just that we got the points. And it's even sweeter that the goal came so late.

Back