• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur vs West Brom*** Official Match Thread

We win our next 3 games and I guarantee you we will be in 3rd place.

Starting off with a win here!

I dont think we will win. The failure of the transfer window will be seen in all its glory in this game.

Mayby after this game, a few more fans will open their eyes to what has happened to us.

Hope im proved wrong.

^^^ The negativity like this will seep through the ground and ultimately to the pitch. Missing out on a striker won't be immediately affecting this performance. If, and if is a keep word, it does derail our season, it won't be for a few weeks, when the fresh legs would be useful in a squad rotation system

West Brom will prove to be difficult opposition, as expected, but let's not ignore the fact their season has nose dived of late. Two teams struggling for form. I think we can take the three points

^^^ The negativity like this will seep through the ground and ultimately to the pitch. Missing out on a striker won't be immediately affecting this performance. If, and if is a keep word, it does derail our season, it won't be for a few weeks, when the fresh legs would be useful in a squad rotation system

West Brom will prove to be difficult opposition, as expected, but let's not ignore the fact their season has nose dived of late. Two teams struggling for form. I think we can take the three points

Pretty much the reason i am glad this match is away.

Ve shall krush zem, ve shall zee and konkerr !!

We will indeed need the midfield to step up again - hope siggy and defoe scores.

West Brom are falling apart, 4 defeats and 2 draws in their last 6 games. This should be a comprehensive win.
However as we proved on Wednesday, teams that are on the ropes are beyond us right now.
1-1

I don't believe we will sign anyone.
Parker deserves to be dropped and Defoe isn't right.

-------------Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Assou-Ekotto
------Livermore Dembele
Lennon-----Holtby--------Bale
------------Dempsey

This team is pretty much it for me. We need to sort out the players who have suffered lack of form/confidence.
Im not sure whether dropping I like to bathe in custard but nothing else seems to be working.
At least with Livermore we know he will have his heart on his sleeve, and Dempsey is scoring pretty freely right now.

Heart says 1-3
Head says 1-1

..................................Lloris

Walker...........Dawson...........Vertonghen........Assou-Ekotto

..................Livermore.............Dembele

Lennon.......................Holtby............................Bale

.................................Defoe

Dont actually think were struggling for form, we were frustrated by a QPR team who have got themselves very well drilled then we battered Man U but only got a point. Leeds doesn't count as it wasn't our first-choice team so Norwich was our first poor league performance for a while.

This is where I think we have a big disadvantage over other teams. Our fans are brick basically at home we moan and groan and there's often a nervous tension and quietness punctuated by moans and groans this gives the opposition confidence and our players get nervous. We often have to start really well or be playing a big opponent to get the lane rocking.

Other team's fans like scousers, mancs, Geordies, Sunderland get right behind their teams in an overly partisan way. It gives their players a boost and makes them tough places to go, the fans "sucking the ball into the net" kind of atmospheres - even the goons don't groan as much as we do!

After no wins in 4 and 4 pretty average performances, just looking for a decent performance which gives us some hope that things might pick up

Hopefully we can pick up a few results in the next few games and not slide into a slump. Didn't think I'd be that desperate for Ade to get back from AFCON. Hopefully he returns with a renewed vigour to get us into the champions league. Defoe will need a rest when he's back, but until then if he is fit enough to play he has to.

Holtby to start for me, hopefully West Brom won't be too wise to his play and may set up to nullify the threat from the wings and leave him some space in the middle of the park

Question is when will we get eleven players to play well at the same time,it doesn't seem to matter what the line up is there are always players below par.

The results today should give the team more impetus to win. We get three points and we are breathing down Chelsea's necks and they are struggling of late

Would be good to put a gap between us and Everton once more

Holtby's gotta start. He added energy and dynamism against Norwich. This is absolutely a must win game against a team on the slide.

We play twice before our rivals play again and we have to make it count.

West Brom are falling apart, 4 defeats and 2 draws in their last 6 games. This should be a comprehensive win.
However as we proved on Wednesday, teams that are on the ropes are beyond us right now.
1-1

I don't get this.

Once again today we've seen a bit of an upset with Villa holding Everton at Goodison. Midweek Southampton only lost by a goal at Old Trafford with even Ferguson admitting that they had been lucky to win. We've seen similar upsets and games being close for years now.

There are very few games in the Premier League when a team can expect to just beat the other team comprehensively. Even fewer games like that away from home.

West Brom will almost certainly make it a tough game for us. An early goal for us could open the game up in our favour and good things could happen, but expecting comprehensive wins really is just setting ourselves up for failure.

I don't get this.

Once again today we've seen a bit of an upset with Villa holding Everton at Goodison. Midweek Southampton only lost by a goal at Old Trafford with even Ferguson admitting that they had been lucky to win. We've seen similar upsets and games being close for years now.

There are very few games in the Premier League when a team can expect to just beat the other team comprehensively. Even fewer games like that away from home.

West Brom will almost certainly make it a tough game for us. An early goal for us could open the game up in our favour and good things could happen, but expecting comprehensive wins really is just setting ourselves up for failure.

I watched QPR v Norwich and quite honestly I saw why we did not beat either, there are no easy games, Norwich are niggley and cynical and QPR are well organised and solid.

wow @ Livermore ahead of Parker...you couldn't make this flimflam up.

Do you think Parker deserves to start after his recent performances?
What is the point in having a squad if you cant rotate?

Slate me all you want but at the moment Livermore isnt far off Parker.

Back