• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur vs. Swansea City OMT***

2-0 at HT, I expect nothing less than total dominance now. Shut it down. The penalty gave us the fillip to kick on

I think we're playing ever so well! Can't believe the commentators saying we've missing the gist they're used to us having. We've showed more gist and energy in this half than most of the matches this season! We haven't hammered shots at goal, but I'm sure we've had at least 7-8 goal scoring chances, which isn't bad for a half.

Excellent goal by Son. Definitely a dive by Alli, but fudge it, as long as those goes our way, I'm not complaining. Great to see Alli with a bit of aggression and strength. He's looking good today.

Great display, lads! Keep it going in the second half! :D

What season was it we didn't get one pen? Bale's last , right? Dominating. I had to laugh thought, Son's SUPERB finish came about because Eriksen placed a fair easier angle poorly off defenders.

GOAL - Tottenham 2-0 Swansea

Son Hueng-min (45 mins)

Posted at15:47
What. A. Goal. An incredible, athletic volley from Son Heung-min doubles Spurs' lead. There might have been doubt about the penalty for the opener, but not this. The ball bounces towards Son on the left of the Swansea box, he throws himself into the right-foot volley, making contact with his body parallel to the ground. The scoreline reflects the first half. You fear for Swansea from now on.

What a fudging cracker! Get in there Sonny! Playing well so far.. A little bit more incision/synergy and this could be a cricket score!

I think we're playing ever so well! Can't believe the commentators saying we've missing the gist they're used to us having. We've showed more gist and energy in this half than most of the matches this season!
gist
dʒɪst/
noun
noun: gist; plural noun: gists
  1. 1.
    the substance or general meaning of a speech or text.
    "it was hard to get the gist of Pedro's talk"
    synonyms: essence, substance, quintessence, main idea/theme, central idea/theme, nub,core, heart, heart of the matter, nucleus, kernel, pith, marrow, meat, burden, crux,important point; More

2. 2.
    LAW
    the real point of an action.
    "damage is the gist of the action and without it the plaintiff must fail"

This did make me smile from the BBC "Spurs, by the way, have had 12 shots on goal. Swansea haven't had a single one. The Spurs half may as well be on the moon for all the time Swansea have spent there."

Great play as well. We're doing good without exhausting ourselves. Have to keep it up in the second half and score a few more. Don't let them get into the game!
Yep. A third early on would be brilliant. We could do with an uncomplicated, boring and effortless win for once. Only we're Spurs, and will probably let them back in the game then hang on for our lives and snatch the 2-1 win.

Back