• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs SUNDERLAND - OMT

Absolutely fantastic result, while Utd has been the stand out result, in its context this is the best result of the season for me.

We beat a terrible fixture congestion, a terrible ref, a horrible manager, a horrible crowd, and won a magnificent 3 points to put pressure on Arsenal.

To be fair Marky, I think Diego is just saying that it 'could' all end up further down the line than banter! We don't all sit around a table discussing these things as they're happening mate. I'd just let it go and move on mate...

So Steff posts within our banter is ok with it and you come on here telling us to stop, sort it out please mods, like the refs, no consistency !!!

Haha, I'm cool with it if it's just banter but I know you boys end up baiting one another to get a reaction then jump to the report button.

Steffs like lee mason being conned by stoke. Ahhh fuk arsenal scored

Haha, I'm cool with it if it's just banter but I know you boys end up baiting one another to get a reaction then jump to the report button.

Steffs like lee mason being conned by stoke. Ahhh fuk arsenal scored

I prefer to think of myself as perhpa more Halsey-like, trying to smooth things through and let the game flow 'a bit'...;)

Two very impressive results in a row. We look pretty good at the moment just need to resole our inconsistency issues. For example the Reading game should be a gimme but our home form is poor this season. i think the key to our form at the moment is the combo of dembele and sandro. that is a really strong centre mid. a bit similar to dare i say petit and viera in there pomp

Despite that I am actually going to comment again.

I've just seen a post match interview where Bale admits he dived! He is genuinely of the opinion that any contact gives him the right to thrown himself to the floor and is a penalty. That is his major problem and something your coaching staff and management team needs to sort out.

Now I can agree with that. It's not just Bale that says this, ask Graeme Souness, Gary Neville or any other ex pro and they will say a player is entitled to go down if there is contact. Contact does not equal a foul, but Bale was fouled today.

I think with Arsenal's display today, and form, best THFC can hope for is 4th.

They werent that good, up against a woeful team who cant defend, had an extra few days break after canx their boxing day game..

You not see their defending, total pony, they really arent that good

No each incident is different, he cheated, he threw himself to the floor to try and con the referee into giving a penalty. As I have said, it isn't a non contact sport, the defender pulled out of the challenge, there was slight contact but not a foul and not enough to impede Bale. He decided to try and con the referee and was rightly booked.

He pulled out by putting his arm around Bale's waist?
The intent itself is enough to earn a foul - his intent was to stop the player not get the ball, a foul, in the penalty area hence a penalty.
The only thing Bale did wrong was fling himself to the ground but he wasn't trying to con anyone he was pushed off balance, illegally, and knew his chance to score had gone.

They've just smashed a brick team. Big deal. We smashed Villa on Wednesday. We still have to play the scum at WHL.

Hating Arsenal more than usual at the moment especially the walcot love. How were they able to get away with cancelling their game when both Fulham and QPR played. Hopefully we get 3 points vs Reading to keep the pressure up. Please don't let us down Spurs.

I think with Arsenal's display today, and form, best THFC can hope for is 4th.

This sort of negative, pathetic post is the reason I rarely come on here on match day. We have just won away at Sunderland, where the Champions lost only this week. We have controlled the game, created several chances and played very well. This board is about TOTTENHAM, not that lot down the road. If we continue to play to our current standard they will not catch us. It's all about Tottenham, stop being so fudging negative.

Originally Posted by tottenhamlondon

is it me or does tottenham look so much more fluent with defoe out

I think so.

Back