• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheriff Tiraspol OMT ***

I'm usually sceptical about the EL, but this season the pluses have far exceeded the minuses. Qualified as early as possible, definitely has helped ease new players in, and WHL has been lively and fun each game. Very good.

BYgCcAgIgAAanbA.jpg:large

Well done, 1882-movement! Wow, can't remember the last time I heard that much singing from the stands! Needs to be a regular feature, that. Happy with the win and Lamela getting his goal, and a great performance. He was the difference for us today. Other than that, it's the same old story of using far too much time on the ball and not moving quickly enough. I just can't believe AVB refuses to do something about it. We're relying on a single player's brilliance yet again (as with Bale for most of last season).

But, by all means, happy we're through, and happy for Lamela, and some great singing today! ;)

Heard them singing in my front room!!

who do they sing about now that Jol has gone? I definitely heard the "I love Martin Jol" song.. ?

Not necessarily Brad, an old goalkeeper is needed to be the second one in a team because the young ambitious one would get frustrated and create a bad atmosphere. Common sense...

Agreed. Also, an experienced keeper should be able to come into games every now and then, or off the bench in a pressure situation (keeper off injured or sent off) and perform to a good level.

Agreed. Also, an experienced keeper should be able to come into games every now and then, or off the bench in a pressure situation (keeper off injured or sent off) and perform to a good level.
Yes, correct thinking and let's not forget the experience that he has can help the 1st younger gk to improve faster, + i'm sure he can give a lot of pointers on different situations...

Did you ever see Eriksen play when he was at Ajax? And I dont just mean in the mighty dutch league, but also in Europe for Ajax and at international level. The guy is class. Very like VdV, just 10 years younger. Holtby hasnt really ever done that much. Captained ze Germans U-21s I accept but ERiksen is more proven

Seems like we're in a minority. Eriksen was bad in the first half, but has Holtby really been much better in the last 3 league games? Other than great work rate I don't see what he offers going forward. I'm not saying Eriksen hasn't had bad games but people are going way OTT about how bad they perceive his performances have been. Apparently he was crap against Chelsea despite setting up our only goal.

Back