• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS. Saudi Sportswashing Machine*** OMT

Ridiculous comment. Isn't perfect but look at the amounts of assists and goals he has got for us. Terrible today but to disregard anything he has done for us is awful
I dont think hes good neither, was at fault for goals a lot of times this year (2014)

Ridiculous comment. Isn't perfect but look at the amounts of assists and goals he has got for us. Terrible today but to disregard anything he has done for us is awful

I am talking about Vertonghen. He has never been half the defender he's made out as, but a couple of decent attacking involvements was all it took to cement his status as our best CB. Shame he had to play so poorly that nobody bothered coming in for him last summer. He epitomizes the kind of player that expects to be in a winning side, but without having to put in the extra effort himself.

I am talking Vertonghen. He has never been half the defender he's made out as, but a couple of decent attacking involvements was all it took to cement his status as our best CB. Shame he had to play so poorly that nobody bothered coming in for him last summer. He epitomizes the kind of player that expects to be in a winning side, but without having to put in the extra effort himself.

You think he's overrated which is an opinion I do not enitirely disagree with. But I really don't know what he's done or what you have seen to make you honestly believe he's our worst defender and one of the worst players at the club. Granted he acted like he was doing us a favour last season just by playing for us, but worse than Kaboul and Chriches? I mean Chirices? Really?

You think he's overrated which is an opinion I do not enitirely disagree with. But I really don't know what he's done or what you have seen to make you honestly believe he's our worst defender and one of the worst players at the club. Granted he acted like he was doing us a favour last season just by playing for us, but worse than Kaboul and Chriches? I mean Chirices? Really?

Not saying he's the worst, but there's nothing outstanding about him. He's just not any less poor or error prone than the rest. The problem is his pathetic attitude. He's a lazy, don't want to get his hands dirty kind of guy.

View from a non Spurs fan I heard today:

Only Spurs could score a goal like Lamela's and then see Ade tackle himself in the same week.

He did manage to injure himself like he had been shot (or stung) but we were in that much control no Saudi Sportswashing Machine player even challenged him!!!!

When was the last time we won a game when there's a bog anniversary celebration at WHL some other party hoo-ha?

The 125 year anniversary against Villa was a shower of poo until the final few moments and the Kaboul equaliser

And I'm pretty sure 10 years ago the game after Bill Nic died we lost at home, iirc to Bolton?

I am talking about Vertonghen. He has never been half the defender he's made out as, but a couple of decent attacking involvements was all it took to cement his status as our best CB. Shame he had to play so poorly that nobody bothered coming in for him last summer. He epitomizes the kind of player that expects to be in a winning side, but without having to put in the extra effort himself.

I agree, totally. I don't think he's overrated, but I think he hasn't put heart and soul into his performances and doesn't take on the load of carrying the team .

Very disappointing to lose like that after looking like we were in complete control in the first half.

I didn't think there was much wrong with the effort put in in the second half, we just lacked the quality and composure to take control of the game after Saudi Sportswashing Machine got their equalizer and turnaround goals. Goals change matches for sure. Had Chadli taken his chance in the first half or if we had gone 2-0 up early in the second the game would have panned out completely differently and I'm sure the mood here would be very different too.

Not surprising that another young player "let us down" with Dier making what hopefully will turn out to be a once in a lifetime mistake like that. We're relying on a lot of youngsters, including from the bench. And of the non-youngsters we have a lot of players either still settling in or not consistently performing. Lack of mentality and toughness to get on the ball and do the right thing when we were under pressure from a lot of our lads as a result. Long term I think these youngsters will benefit from getting a lot of game-time. We're not all pining for Walker to return to action, not that long ago he was that youngster making mistakes in every (other?) game...

I know he's another youngster, but I really missed Bentaleb out there in the second half. Think he could have come on for Capoue and done a much better job on the ball and been a better answer when we weren't getting the tempo or composure on the ball that we needed.

The amount of time yesterday we had the ball at the back or in midfield and there was literally no movement from any of the front players, time and time again

Do they not work on this sort of thing at the training ground

The amount of time yesterday we had the ball at the back or in midfield and there was literally no movement from any of the front players, time and time again

I'm sure they do. But breaking down a hard working defensive side is always going to be difficult. Even worse when that team is finding some confidence and belief like they did yesterday after their turnaround.

We really are relying on a lot of youngsters. After the Kane sub our "front 6" was: Mason, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane, Lamela and Adebayor. Aged 23, 22, 25, 21, 22 and 30. With the only experience coming from the most consistently inconsistent player in the world in Ade. Our full backs, also important for attacking, were 20 and 24. It's not a surprise that when they got a sucker punch and their heads dropped they didn't respond in a perfect professional way.

I'm pretty sure Chadli can play on the right of the 3.

Kane down the middle and Eriksen back out on the left again.

That's what id go for atm - possibly Lamela in for Chadli - he's gone off the boil the last few games and Lamela although the things he's trying aren't coming off is getting on the ball more than most - think it will click if we reshuffle

Very disappointing to lose like that after looking like we were in complete control in the first half.

Had Chadli taken his chance in the first half or if we had gone 2-0 up early in the second the game would have panned out completely differently and I'm sure the mood here would be very different too.
THAT would really be something special! Us going 2-0 up and then Saudi Sportswashing Machine reducing to 2-1, all within 7 seconds.....:lol:

Last edited:

Its quite astonishing isn't it. As soon as we try to move it forwards it completely breaks down and we look clueless. We haven't been able to make a forward pass since Redknapp left!

We really are relying on a lot of youngsters. After the Kane sub our "front 6" was: Mason, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane, Lamela and Adebayor. Aged 23, 22, 25, 21, 22 and 30. With the only experience coming from the most consistently inconsistent player in the world in Ade.

Good post. I just watched the highlights on MotD2 and it was nice to see the youngsters doing so well. I thought Mason was very good, Rose too, Kane has been playing well (when allowed on the pitch) so it is good to see homegrown players doing well. It does make you wonder if we need to spend £50m or just promote some more of our kids. Yes, I know they are prone to mistakes and heads dropping...

Also it was nice to see us creating some chances as everything felt so negative yesterday as we did play poorly in spells; I counted eight situations if we are generous, i.e. Rose could have got 2 penalties (one handball, one trip) but rightly neither was given. Chadli had a free volley at goal just before half time, Eriksen had a clear pot at goal from 7 yards but it was blocked, Kane had a clear chance from 10 yards when Rose pulled it back across the box, Kane flashed it across the box with 5 men in the box when Soldado played him in very cunningly, Soldado had a good chance to score a volley near the end, we scored direct from a corner but the ball had just drifted out... none of which counts towards the "shots on target" but that is eight situations, any one of which could have been a goal on another day.

I also watched the highlights of United Cheatski... both scored from a set piece, a ball out wide crossed in for a header. Whoop-dee-doo, all that attacking talent but they only scored from a cross and header. Old skool.

That highlights our dire set pieces... our corners and freekicks hit the first man almost every time, I am confused what we are trying to achieve with these... the very basic requirement is to beat the first man.

Back