• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT***

It simply allows them to not have to worry about less of ball/possession and makes the counter tactic even more relevant.

Howe's sides are always about outworking the opponent, which is why they have huge ups and downs (separate conversation)

The issue for me is we are carrying too many out of form/tired players at the moment and Ange (has to take a little heat here) is trying to play them back into form. Maddison needs to sit, PEH probably needs to start, been that way for a couple of games now.
On the face of it PEH has done well and one would think deserves a start.

I simply don't see that happening for the single reason he won't be here next year.

Reactions: jrh
It’s odd that when he comes on and does better than the guy he is replacing he doesn’t get his starting place

I think it's a challenge for Ange

- For me PEH has earned a start, GLC has also done enough (and vastly improves the tempo vs. Maddison on his current form)
- I'd argue I would have been tempted to pull VDV for Dragusin on the day (balance of Saudi Sportswashing Machine had pace up front, VDV was having bad day at the office, and we were conceding tons of corners, Dragusin is better in air than any of our CBs)

We have got better at using our bench, we haven't got better at using the squad re starting, especially considering form & fatigue.

I think it's a challenge for Ange

- For me PEH has earned a start, GLC has also done enough (and vastly improves the tempo vs. Maddison on his current form)
- I'd argue I would have been tempted to pull VDV for Dragusin on the day (balance of Saudi Sportswashing Machine had pace up front, VDV was having bad day at the office, and we were conceding tons of corners, Dragusin is better in air than any of our CBs)

We have got better at using our bench, we haven't got better at using the squad re starting, especially considering form & fatigue.
I’d bring in dragu for Romero just to see if that works and helps the right sides

First goal Romero goes to the man with the ball vdv is covering leaving his man free to score, and it's not the first time Romero has caused problems for vdv with his decisions.
I think when we play well, Romero plays well. Maybe isn’t the reverse though …

If you want an interesting option

- Play VDV as LB (Udogie has been overplayed, isn't at his best either and doesn't sync well with Werner)
- Put Romero and Dragusin in as CB's
Still would be having a CB on the left who isn’t left sided

It’s odd that when he comes on and does better than the guy he is replacing he doesn’t get his starting place
I don't think it's odd. It's the bigger picture...Ange is trying to find midfield combos that work, he isnt going to use 7/8 games this season 'finding out' about PEH when he won't be here come the summer.

I don't think it's odd. It's the bigger picture...Ange is trying to find midfield combos that work, he isnt going to use 7/8 games this season 'finding out' about PEH when he won't be here come the summer.
But he has an opportunity in those games to establish the team in a better place for next season by qualifying for a higher competion

And if he was thinking of the future he could have brought in a few more of the youngsters who will be here rather than players like Gil for exampe

Ange repeatedly says he wants to win!!!

But he has an opportunity in those games to establish the team in a better place for next season by qualifying for a higher competion

And if he was thinking of the future he could have brought in a few more of the youngsters who will be here rather than players like Gil for exampe

Ange repeatedly says he wants to win!!!
He repeatedly states (week after week) he doesn't care what competition we end in next season...that doesn't define us.

He cares about progress and this group getting better (says that all the time). The future at the moment is to work out what is going on with the midfield.

If you use a player that won't be in the group next season that's not progress (even if he does well)...your just delaying figuring out the midfield until the start of next season.

It probably the same with Lo Celso.

He repeatedly states (week after week) he doesn't care what competition we end in next season...that doesn't define us.

He cares about progress and this group getting better (says that all the time). The future at the moment is to work out what is going on with the midfield.

If you use a player that won't be in the group next season that's not progress (even if he does well)...your just delaying figuring out the midfield until the start of next season.

It probably the same with Lo Celso.
But he does say he wants to win!!!

When PEH has started his performances have also been of low quality so for all we know Bissouma is the one who impresses more in training?

Back