• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabağ FK OMT ***

I don't want a single player risked who is likely to be starting on Sunday.

In fact I don't think that Lloris, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen, Dier, Eriksen Son and Kane should've even travelled.

My preference would be:

-------------------------Vorm---------------------------
Trippier--------Fazio---------Wimmer-------Davies
------------Carroll--------------------Mason----------
Townsend---------------Alli-----------------Onomah
--------------------------N’Jie--------------------------

With the likes of Winks, Harrison, McGee, the kit man, the tea lady and the bloke that puts the cones out in training all on the bench.

To be fair all of the above could do with a game (with the exception of Alli - who plays because of his forthcoming suspension).

It is a bit of a hotch-potch of a team, but all other than Onomah have decent experience at the top level.

Have any of you guys actually had a look at Azerbaijan on the map? Considering how near it is to Syria, Iran and Iraq how the heck is that country in UEFA? I mean seriously? And by the way did you know that neighbouring Turkmenistan is actually a real country?

Some of us had a decent Education;)

Cameron Carter-Vickers &Shayon Harrison are travelling with the squad to Azerbaijan, along with Josh Onomah, Harry Winks & Luke McGee. #COYS

2CV making progress as well.

To me -> Jan, Toby, Dier, Dembele, Erisken, Kane are the ones at risk due to huge amounts of playing time.

I'd be very tempted to do Mason - Alli with Dier on bench
Really annoying Lamela has a knock, means Eriksen unlikely to not start (although may be a shot for Caroll)
Son should start, he needs the pitch time.

I think anyone expecting us not to take a strong squad to Baku can't have been paying attention. Progression in the EL is regarded as important, and Pochettino will want to ensure it at the earliest opportunity. He'll worry more about Chel53a afterwards.

I'm just of the opinion that qualification is important, but can be achieved if we beat Monaco regardless of what happens tomorrow and that the league is more important, especially at this stage (it's only the group stage of the EL) and given how open the league is this season. We could have rested a couple more at the very least IMO. Chelsea have an extra two days to get over any travel tiredness.

Have any of you guys actually had a look at Azerbaijan on the map? Considering how near it is to Syria, Iran and Iraq how the heck is that country in UEFA? I mean seriously? And by the way did you know that neighbouring Turkmenistan is actually a real country?
-Yes, Don't know (maybe money in someones pocket, as is the standard in UEFA/FIFA) and Yes

To me -> Jan, Toby, Dier, Dembele, Erisken, Kane are the ones at risk due to huge amounts of playing time.

I'd be very tempted to do Mason - Alli with Dier on bench
Really annoying Lamela has a knock, means Eriksen unlikely to not start (although may be a shot for Caroll)
Son should start, he needs the pitch time.

Dembele and Eriksen have had notable periods out injured this season. It's only the other 4 who perhaps have been overused

The Caucasus has always been part of Europe. It's on the traditional border between Christendom and Ottoman (Georgia and Armenia are predominantly Christian, Azerbaijan is Sunni), but it's ex-Soviet rather than Turkic. Turkmenistan is quite a way away in central Asia.

Turkey and Israel are the two that have no geographic reason to be in UEFA

The Club invited the Spurs fans who had made the trip to a training session today and all posed for photos after

VoKIfXi.jpg

Couple of my pals in there - deserve a medal for this one :eek:

We haven't seen the team yet and, besides, we did alright the last time we played three games in a week.

That was three games in London. This involves 10 hours of flying between games. None of the players needed for Sunday should in Asia tonight.

Back