• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***

We noticed something today from my seat... Luis van Galls head is actually a combination of several faces

His lower half is cya illy ferries whilst his hair is actually Hugh Grants. We never worked out his eyes

aristotle+dayton.jpg

Dembele in the middle would've been skinned, Townsend was average at best today, Eriksen was getting into the game more and thus we had a chance to give him license from the left, Dembele plays better these days further forwards. It's easy to figure out. If he'd have done the Football Manager video game 'plug-a-designated-CM-for-a-CM' then he would be your average fan!!!!! glad he didn't, glad he isn't.

Some of the comments are remarkable.

Poch is the FIRST manager of course in ages to actually rotate a side so astutely in 48 hours. Would we have enjoyed more thrust with the likes of Walker and Rose? Of course! Nobby up top and Harry in the hole? Absolutely. But he did what he had to do to keep fresh and with Chelski coming up! Give the man some credit!

As for the performance, after a first-half where our defense bailed us out, I give full credit to the side for showing some proper ****ing balls, playing as hard as we got, not being a bunch of powder-puff ****ers crumbling and mewling all over the place and (for me) the far stronger side at the end who should've had a pen. Mason also missed what he will admit was a sitter!

The only player I could criticize today was Chadli, who was soft and work-shy. Andros wasn't great but he tried and tried and tried. No problem with that.

I think we are seeing the roots and anchor of a great squad here, and if we can back the manager with a few carefully-selected bits of expensive quality, then we will be onto something for quite some time.

Man of the match? Tough one...Lloris was his usual self, Kane was great but I am going to give it to Fazio for a really dominant performance which also saw some great attacking moves.

COYS

This is the key for me. Prune the dross and bring in a few (max 3) quality signings. Come on Daniel, just do it.

Very happy with the point overall, plus the clean sheet.

If we also draw against Chelski it will be a very good festive period overall. Our defensive resilience (even if with a dose of luck at times) is very encouraging

Were people happy with that 1st half? I thought it was possibly the worst 45 we've played all season.

Worse than West Brom? Worse than Stoke? Worse then Palace??

Tbf to you, you seemed to be setting up a "Poch is sh!te" scenario from the beginning of this OMT with your "Manure are sh!te, even though they are third" spiel. I guess it's not fair of me or anyone else to stop you having your fun...

Worse than West Brom? Worse than Stoke? Worse then Palace??

Tbf to you, you seemed to be setting up a "Poch is sh!te" scenario from the beginning of this OMT with your "Manure are sh!te, even though they are third" spiel. I guess it's not fair of me or anyone else to stop you having your fun...

:/

Well for one I never said Utd are ****e, I said they're beatable, all the while you lot wet your pants at the thought of facing a team who've won two away league games all season, so when I'm positive about our chances it's really because I have ulterior motives? So should I be negative? I'm kind of lost as to what I should be posting. As for Poch, I haven't ever insinuated that he's **** or that I don't think he's up to it, I dare you to find one negative thing I've said about him on here. I've even said I would give him the full five years no matter what(barring a Ramos-esque nosedive) so I really don't know where you've got that from. If it makes you happy, I'll try and rate Man Utd a bit more.

No team has a ten out of ten performance every match, the successful teams find a way of winning even when they are not playing well. Seeming as most people accepted that this was a transitional season and that it would take a while for the players to get used to how Poch wants us to play and for Poch to work out his best team, we are actually doing a little better than we could have expected.

I'm with sheney. We ended stronger, but we could've easily been 4-0 down by then. And no, not every team had 10 out of 10 every match. It take it once! I'd take a ****ing 7! Every game we are lucky lucky lucky, it's truly embarassing watch us struggle against Leicester, Man U have a notoriously awful defence and we barely create a chance.

The result masks a terrible performance. And again in agreed t, pochs subs are painful. Why not freshen things up? After that 45 mins why not change things? It's weird. I know it's a transitional season, I'm happy to finish 10th of need be, the results don't mesn anything to me, I want to see a performance, the beginnings of a team, a manager who tries to take control of a game and adapt. I see nothing... Just some of our worst players getting games, bizarre subs, and playing awfully most games and barely creating any chances.

I'm with sheney. We ended stronger, but we could've easily been 4-0 down by then. And no, not every team had 10 out of 10 every match. It take it once! I'd take a ****ing 7! Every game we are lucky lucky lucky, it's truly embarassing watch us struggle against Leicester, Man U have a notoriously awful defence and we barely create a chance.

The result masks a terrible performance. And again in agreed t, pochs subs are painful. Why not freshen things up? After that 45 mins why not change things? It's weird. I know it's a transitional season, I'm happy to finish 10th of need be, the results don't mesn anything to me, I want to see a performance, the beginnings of a team, a manager who tries to take control of a game and adapt. I see nothing... Just some of our worst players getting games, bizarre subs, and playing awfully most games and barely creating any chances.

While you seem to accept that we are by no means the finished article, you must surely see the beginnings of a team, no?

Motd posted an interesting statistic on the results we have achieved with Fazio and Verts playing together. Don't you think that shows a start? With Lloris behind them, we are slowly building a base. Mason, Bentelab, Eriksen and Kane show considerable promise, no? If we can buy some quality to add to this, I feel we will be making progress. The important thing now is to make those quality additions.

Sorry mate, just not true whatsoever. Poor first-half, significantly better second-half. Lorries unemployed for the latter 45. As for the subs comment, once again he was partially vindicated by the fact the same side which was abject first-half came out and tightened it up second-half. I have to wonder if your post isn't, in fact, some sort of fishing expedition. If it isn't, what should we be doing right now and how should we be lining up and performing?

I'm puzzled that anyone cannot see the beginnings of a team. I have been very encouraged by what I have seen over the last month to six weeks. There is still a long way to go but the signs look encouraging to me.

Granted we were playing the 3rd best team in the country, but are people honestly happy with that performance? Especially given how people were saying United aren't that good and were there for the taking? I realise Poch's hands are tied to a large degree, but the performances don't seem to be improving much and we're now halfway through the season. We improved 2nd half, but we only created one real chance whilst United still could have scored two or three in the 2nd half alone.

Satisfied with the draw. But really disappointed we didn't win. Thought we could beat ManU at home for the first time since 2001 as they had been shyte in away matches this season. Afterall, they had a shyte defence. But we started slowly and let them dominate the first half. We were very lucky not to concede 3/4 goals. We did well to recover in the 2nd half but didn't make use of the chances.

Thought Pochettino did a mistake by starting with inexperienced players like Mason and Townsend in midfield. Even the unsettled Stambouli was a big risky. Would have preferred to start with Dembele, Capoue and Lennon instead. In fact, would have started Lamela instead of Townsend. Not sure what Townsend offers that Lamela doesn't. Atleast Lamela can score long range goals and create for others. As it was, our midfield got outplayed in the first half and we were fortunate that Lloris kept us in the game. We really could have troubled ManU's shaky defence if we had started more experienced players like Dembele and Lennon. Mason's inexperience showed as he wasted the one-on-one chance to score in the second half. Apart from a long range shot, Townsend didn't trouble the ManU defence much. Dembele and Lamela came on too late in the 2nd half to have any impact for us.

It was a pity Eriksen was on sleep mode for almost the entire match. Normally he would wake up for the last 20 mins but it was not the case here. He hardly had any impact and even wasted a few good freekicks in the 2nd half which he normally would score from. Also, disappointed that Kane couldn't continue his goal scoring run. Thought he would somehow score in this match. But he did well to create the chance for Mason with a inch perfect pass but Mason wasted it. Similiarly, Chadli also had a quite game and didn't trouble the ManU defence.

Due credit to our defence for keeping this clean sheet, especially to Lloris who made 2/3 world class saves. Lloris single handedly kept us in the game with his saves in the first half. ManU also wasted many goal scoring chances, especially RVP and Mata but thought our defence did well to keep them out. Thought Fazio had a good game in defence but he should have scored the chance in the 2nd half. Nice to see Fazio and Vertonghen are building up a good partnership in defence. Even the error-prone Chiriches had a decent game, saving us with a crucial goal line clearance in the 1st half.

It would have been great if we had beaten ManU at home for the first time since 2001. But considering our shyte home this season, have to be satisfied with this draw. But we did well to extend our unbeaten run against ManU to 5 matches in the league. This is our longest unbeaten run against them in the league since 1974 ! And if we do get atleast a draw at ManU later in the season, that will be our longest unbeaten run against ManU since 1921 ! Hope we can do that !

Wow MOTD showed all of United's best moments and basically 3 of ours, what about Eriksen's free kicks etc....

Wow MOTD showed all of United's best moments and basically 3 of ours, what about Eriksen's free kicks etc....

Usual motd bs. Show about 5 minutes of football (including pointless buildup to corners) then spend the same amount of time afterwards with boring interviews and talking about refereeing decisions with footballers with no experience of refereeing but see referees as a safer target to talk about then their mates in football.

If they love referee decision so much they should just put that on a primetime on saturday nights. Strictly refereeing. Z list celebs acting out tackles, handballs and dives while a panel of ex players (who have never read the rules of the game) argue over the decision.

Granted we were playing the 3rd best team in the country, but are people honestly happy with that performance? Especially given how people were saying United aren't that good and were there for the taking? I realise Poch's hands are tied to a large degree, but the performances don't seem to be improving much and we're now halfway through the season. We improved 2nd half, but we only created one real chance whilst United still could have scored two or three in the 2nd half alone.

I think most seem happy with the second half performance and unhappy with the first half performance.

I'd love to see some of these posts. I saw several posters say that they thought that the game was winnable (I was one of them) but I don't recall anyone saying that we should expect to win it.

Two points dropped against an absolute gash team.

Second half was a disgrace. Suppose thats what happens when teams aren't given a proper rest period.

First half was sublime.
Second half was terrible.
Both halves laced with a pathetic display by the ref.

This fixture is too intense to play it 43 hours after previous game.

Why do Spurs completely roll over for Chelsea and Arsenal twice a season yet they've played their best football against us in recent years. So fecking annoying..

When did Spurs start playing ****house rough-up tactics like Stoke?

When Liverpool are smashing these cnuts 4-0, it's never acceptable to accept a draw here.

We're 5 points ahead of fourth place, 6 behind Arsenal, having played a game more than everyone. We've been dragged back into the fight for fourth place when we should really be talking about consolidating third place.

Should be beating average teams away from home.

So that's Sunderland, Burnley, west Brom, Leicester, Villa and Spurs all games we should be winning really. Yes, Spurs are ****e.

Watch Chelsea destroy them.

I don't know why but I feel like I hate Spurs more than almost every other team.

Jon Moss an officious little tw*t.

Pochettino sounds demented on the touchline.

Their small pitch made it difficult for our attacking players to show their full potential.

If our training sessions weren't all about body slamming each other we might have been able to freshing things up.

Also, the referee is ****e. Should pack it in.

Watch Spurs roll over for Chelsea now, the cnuts

If Chelsea win today, that means they go 12 points ahead of us. We can kiss the league goodbye I think.

Bunch of toss pots lol although I do agree with the assessment of the ref. I watched the match today and even in the first half they weren't all over us. Yes they cut us open, but it wasn't the sustained pressure I used to see from the UTD of old. We were much the better team in the second half.

Back