• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs clams***

I saw it at the ground
It was during stops in play
Tanguy at least twice
Reggie once and royal once
Also saw dier grab royal first half and give him some direction

I do agree though their change didn’t prompt any reaction from us (on or off the pitch). I not sure where we thought he would play as they took off an 8/10 for a 6
But I said to my mate they will boss that are now as kante will sit on Hojdjerg who had loads of ball in the first half

saw this just now on Twitter which I thought was good

My personal takeaway was that a club that has been financially doped for 20 years was able to bring on a Ballon D'Or nominee for the second half while we chucked on a youth prospect of the sort they would send to a loan farm for 5 seasons. Cheat code
I don't think it is right to explain the gap simply in terms of Chelsea playing with a 'cheat code'. Yes, Chelsea's owner makes greater resources available to his club than our owners do and does all he can to ensure that he owns a winning football club. However we don't need to have Ballon D'Or nominees on the bench (and remember that yesterday it was an academy graduate that was keeping the Ballon D'or nominee on the bench for Chelsea) just a well put together squad giving the manager most of the players that they want to implement their system. With the comparatively low net spend and wage budget restrictions that are in place at our club that means having some sort of continuity in the type of manager we appoint and the way that those managers like to shape a football team. Instead of that we lurch from one philosophy to the next, rendering players purchased by the previous manager ineffective for the new manager's tactics. Our club failed Poch by not trying to strengthen when we were really, really close to being the best team in the land. We then failed Mourinho by not giving him the commanding centre half that he was demanding in order to implement his horrible defensive, low block tactics and, so far, we've failed Nuno by not going out and getting him the winger he wanted to allow his defensive, 4-3-3 formation to be able to transition the ball from defence to attack. Alonso attacked at will yesterday giving Chelsea a constant overload on our RHS. He could do that because our right sided attacker provided no threat at all.

Hopefully Paratici coming in will allow us to start to create more continuity in our manager appointments and one could perhaps argue that appointing Nuno after Jose brings about some continuity as they are both deploy very defensive, counter attacking philosophies, I just think that it would've been better to bring in a manager with an offensive, attacking style of play and going from there instead of opting for Jose lite (though at least Nuno is 10 times more likeable than Jose (and of course, most importantly for the owners, a lot cheaper).

I don't think it is right to explain the gap simply in terms of Chelsea playing with a 'cheat code'. Yes, Chelsea's owner makes greater resources available to his club than our owners do and does all he can to ensure that he owns a winning football club. However we don't need to have Ballon D'Or nominees on the bench (and remember that yesterday it was an academy graduate that was keeping the Ballon D'or nominee on the bench for Chelsea) just a well put together squad giving the manager most of the players that they want to implement their system. With the comparatively low net spend and wage budget restrictions that are in place at our club that means having some sort of continuity in the type of manager we appoint and the way that those managers like to shape a football team. Instead of that we lurch from one philosophy to the next, rendering players purchased by the previous manager ineffective for the new manager's tactics. Our club failed Poch by not trying to strengthen when we were really, really close to being the best team in the land. We then failed Mourinho by not giving him the commanding centre half that he was demanding in order to implement his horrible defensive, low block tactics and, so far, we've failed Nuno by not going out and getting him the winger he wanted to allow his defensive, 4-3-3 formation to be able to transition the ball from defence to attack. Alonso attacked at will yesterday giving Chelsea a constant overload on our RHS. He could do that because our right sided attacker provided no threat at all.

Hopefully Paratici coming in will allow us to start to create more continuity in our manager appointments and one could perhaps argue that appointing Nuno after Jose brings about some continuity as they are both deploy very defensive, counter attacking philosophies, I just think that it would've been better to bring in a manager with an offensive, attacking style of play and going from there instead of opting for Jose lite (though at least Nuno is 10 times more likeable than Jose (and of course, most importantly for the owners, a lot cheaper).
And Chelsea’s squad wasn’t created in one window
They shave effecting written off Werner now for example
Money for them is not an object unless it comes down to investing in the ground which Roman has pulled
I’ll also add again that’s Nuno didn’t manage in a defensive way at any previous club other than Wolves. And we know how his Wolves squad was set up by Mendes

Are you saying money isn't vital, while also criticising our owners for not spending enough? :)

He put out a surprising team yesterday but the second half jeez, not sure what happened at HT. What I will add to that was the players came out to a half empty stadium and no atmosphere after the interval, I wonder if Chelsea took advantage of that.

I was saying this yesterday, the ground was dead for the first 7 mins after HT. Chelsea went for it from the restart and definitely took advantage of that!

And Chelsea’s squad wasn’t created in one window
They shave effecting written off Werner now for example
Money for them is not an object unless it comes down to investing in the ground which Roman has pulled
I’ll also add again that’s Nuno didn’t manage in a defensive way at any previous club other than Wolves. And we know how his Wolves squad was set up by Mendes
Chelsea's debt to Roman Abramovich is pretty much the same as our debt to a bunch of Banks. Who knows whether Roman will call that in or write it off if and when he eventually sells Chelsea.
I don't think Chelsea have ever fallen foul of FFP?
A year or so ago I read an article that stated our owners could pump in £300 million of liquidity and we would still be on the right side of FFP. Though that might mean our owners' net worth would only be about £1.2 billion more due to owning THFC instead of the £1.5 billion increase they're sitting on now.

Last edited:
Are you saying money isn't vital, while also criticising our owners for not spending enough? :)
Our owners don't spend enough. Their investment in THFC has made them both far richer but that's all it is for them.... A vehicle in which to make as much money as possible.

Even within the constraints of spending that we operate in we could be far better run and ensure that our 6th/7th biggest wage and transfer budget is better spent (i.e. not lurching from one type of manager to another).

I was saying this yesterday, the ground was dead for the first 7 mins after HT. Chelsea went for it from the restart and definitely took advantage of that!
They took off Mount and brought on Kante.... Giving them a numerical advantage in midfield. Tuchel looked at the first half and made a swift tactical change.

Our owners don't spend enough. Their investment in THFC has made them both far richer but that's all it is for them.... A vehicle in which to make as much money as possible.

Even within the constraints of spending that we operate in we could be far better run and ensure that our 6th/7th biggest wage and transfer budget is better spent (i.e. not lurching from one type of manager to another).

Okay but you were saying the gulf in class between Chel$ea's squad and ours, wasn't so much money as other variables. Simultaneously, you are saying the reason we are not good enough is our owners not spending enough money.

There are two clubs with unimaginable wealth that sit atop a sea of oil wells. Don't you think your grips with Levy are slightly misplaced when no other football club in the land can really compete?

Okay but you were saying the gulf in class between Chel$ea's squad and ours, wasn't so much money as other variables. Simultaneously, you are saying the reason we are not good enough is our owners not spending enough money.

There are two clubs with unimaginable wealth that sit atop a sea of oil wells. Don't you think your grips with Levy are slightly misplaced when no other football club in the land can really compete?
1. We absolutely don't spend enough money (not if we want to compete at the top end of the league). We always fall short of what our manager needs to be successful.

2. This needn't be such a big problem if we were better organised so that the money we did spend was spent better. i.e. don't (finally!) after years of frugality give a manager a £70m net budget to spend one summer and then sack him after only 12 PL games of the season with him not really yet having a chance to play his new players. Don't then get in a manager with a completely different philosophy so that the £70m net budget spent by the manager before is rendered useless due to the different footballing approach by the new manager, etc.

No other football club in the land can really compete? Must've been my imagination when Liverpool won the PL two years ago?

I was pleasantly surprised with the line up and also the first half performance - I was impressed and thought we were strong all over the pitch with everyone playing their part. If we can get that team on the pitch with some consistency over the coming weeks i think we will start to see an overall improvement in our game and potentially have a good season with some good football also.

The second half was obviously a kick in the balls and it was a really poor reaction to going behind, which was then compounded with the second coming not long after - as others have said Chelsea will likely win the league and are a top side so we won't be facing that sort of quality every week so hopefully this was a case of the challenge coming too soon.

Optimism right now is just fanaticism .. ndombele has had three years to get fit, there’s no creativity from midfield and that’s not changing, reguilon is just an average player, likewise the majority of our starting xi … and being a hindsight hero on Poch still doesn’t make Levy’s decision
to sack him correct, and poch not being given a budget for 18 months was my favourite buttplug both then and now.

Levy’s a shrewd financial owner who’s made some huge non financial mistakes. Not buying Grealish still annoys me …

hello mate and welcome...you might find the thread on MP worth a visit. It will offer an idea of the opinions on the board plus avoid us getting back into those rabbit holes (believe me, they get divisive)...here's hoping you find some good debate/ discussion in these parts...

What happened in the second half? Tuchel replaced Mount with Kante, who played deeper than Mount which ensured that Chelsea could completely dominate the midfield.... that's what happened. Chelsea have an elite level manager who they acted swiftly to recruit last season, sacking Lampard to do so. We instead have a guy who happened to be available and not particularly expensive that we took several months to appoint (i.e. showing that he wasn't really the guy that we wanted).

In honesty he was several down the list and we all know it. Including him. It is why he will have my undying respect, as he is giving it his best. Yes, Kante is one of two midfielders in the world I believe can step onto a pitch and take control of a game's pace/tempo and dictate what is going to happen. Off the bench! Nuno does not have remotely similar options obviously...the question will be, if he had, would he be able to use them? Who knows? I do know Tuchel is world class, a rarity.

Do the moderators edit everyone’s posts in here? The butt plug comment is not mine ..

Ah, yes, I am not a linguist but I do know that sometimes we have a couple who enjoy some 'wordplay' if you will. It is an automatic filter. I never go near it. I don't even know what word triggers 'buttplug'?!!!!

Was delighted yesterday when I saw the team. That was the right starting eleven for me. First 20 mins was good but after that…

I never expected to beat Chelsea. Didn’t even expect a draw. But losing 3-0 to them at home is not acceptable. Particularly with an absolutely horrific second half performance. As bad as I’ve seen since the 0-3 at Brighton under Poch.

Kane, Son and GLC’s positions were also baffling to me. And I watched Nuno for a good chunk of the second half. He stood with his hands in his pockets. I’m not normally one for “he needs to be ranting and raving” but he looked like a deer in the headlights.

I said last week that he should get the season. And I probably stand by that. But he’s out of his depth. First three results papered over the cracks. Last week and this week was coming. If we get tonked next week, it’ll get very uncomfortable for Nuno.

I agree, and shared that concern, he seemed utterly dazed, and I hope his inner-steel is intact. What he has had to deal with is insane IMO. I must say though, the ol' 'worse than the 0-3 at Brighton under Poch' is becoming a little too familiar. I swear it was rolled out last week too?!!!! I think it's too easy to throw that around myself.

It's not Nuno's fault at all. Well not really.... He was simply a reasonably cheap, available manager who probably wouldn't moan at having an unremarkable budget and not being provided the players that he wants in transfer windows. I suspect that it's likely Nuno won't be the right manager for Spurs but the problems at our club are a level or two above whoever happens to be the manager.

I thought yesterday was quite telling that we got to half-time thinking that we'd done pretty well (and we had done pretty well). However it was also clear that we had a player in a free role on the right side of our attack contributing almost nothing, while we had a (supposedly) very creative player on the bench in Gill. We leave things as they are as we're 'happy' with the 0-0 even though we had a passenger on the pitch, whereas even at 0-0 in an away game Tuchel is prepared to make a tactical change to ensure that his team can get and keep the upper hand.

Once Chelsea took the lead with their goal from a set piece, our manager still kept the same team and shape even though Chelsea were clearly on top in the game. The second goal may have been a deflection but it was no surprise when that second goal came from them. Chelsea made a change to ensure that they could dominate the midfield and nothing came from our manager to counter that.

I think the second goal should mainly be put down to Lo Celso losing the ball horribly. Yes we then didn't close down quickly enough but that goal came about from Chelsea quickly transitioning from defence to attack due to Lo Celso not being good enough on the ball in a dangerous area.

I agree. If that had been Dele he'd have been getting absolute pelters about it. I give GLC another pass because of the inconsistency of his Spurs career in terms of injuries vs appearances vs potential, but I am losing patience I must admit. What does he do?

1. We absolutely don't spend enough money (not if we want to compete at the top end of the league). We always fall short of what our manager needs to be successful.

2. This needn't be such a big problem if we were better organised so that the money we did spend was spent better. i.e. don't (finally!) after years of frugality give a manager a £70m net budget to spend one summer and then sack him after only 12 PL games of the season with him not really yet having a chance to play his new players. Don't then get in a manager with a completely different philosophy so that the £70m net budget spent by the manager before is rendered useless due to the different footballing approach by the new manager, etc.

No other football club in the land can really compete? Must've been my imagination when Liverpool won the PL two years ago?

Pool definitely bucked the trend. But the trend is there. Selling Coutinho and getting a massive cash injection was helpful as is having Klopp at the helm. They also bought well.

What I find funny is that many went into the summer hell bent on a DoF. What happened to that? It was the answer no? Levy listened, your wishes were granted…but it’s back to blaming Levy?

I also find it odd that when 2 clubs - with oodles of oil money - dominate trophies, fans focus on Levy as the root of our lack of silverware. You don’t think there is misplaced wrath? Spurs are just like the 95% of clubs who are outspent by clubs with, let’s face it, pretty dirty money. Spurs are probably a bit better off than most with a chance to beat these elevated clubs now and again; as we did on the first day of the season. There are two teams who are tarred with hundreds of million of brown petrol dollars. It is the root and reason for their success. Our successes are far harder won.

I said it before the season started but I think our attacking options look weak even compared to last season. We lost 16 goals from Bale, 10 from Vini, and a seasoned PL player in Lamela. We're expecting a 20 year old whos never played in the prem to be at the heart of our CM, our most talented CM wanted to leave, and our star striker looks about as threatening as Andy Booth. Throw in 3 players spending their week preparing in Croatia, injuries to the only attackers we do have, and i'm not suprised we completely ran out of steam.

Nuno gets a pass from me for the time being for the reasons above - he'll need time to mould a unit out of these players.

The worry I have is Alli - it doesn't look to me like the player we all want back, is coming any time soon.

We are so limited in attack we need Harry to sort his head out too - or I don't see where the goals are gonna come from.

The squad is thin IMO - we need our big players fit and firing asap.

I agree. If that had been Dele he'd have been getting absolute pelters about it. I give GLC another pass because of the inconsistency of his Spurs career in terms of injuries vs appearances vs potential, but I am losing patience I must admit. What does he do?
It was poor form him
He has a bad game IMO
Him and dele just don’t work in the positions they were playing

Back