• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea *** OMT

The other results have been favourable for us today. Not the end of the world by any means if we lose, but a win today puts us in 5th, three points of 3rd :eek:

I would have played Dembele instead of Townsend, or Kane deep and Bobby up front.

I like Andros but he is not for this game imo

Just seen the results today - unbelievably good! None of the two teams above us or three below us winning!

hmmm that chelsea team could easily dismantle today. we look powder puff.

lets see what rose delivers today. i much, much prefer davies and always feel rose is ripe for drama - either through lashing out, diving in or losing control. hopefully he can hold it together today.

can't see anything other than chelsea brushing us aside today unfortunately. is there confirmation anywhere that lamela is injured?

i'm getting a bit sick of seeing towsend in the line up. eventually an attacker has to deliver a goal or an assist at some point? hopefully he provide some end product today.

The only mystery is how does Townsend continue to get into the first 11? Poch must really not rate some of our squad

can't see anything other than chelsea brushing us aside today unfortunately. is there confirmation anywhere that lamela is injured?

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial · 34 mins 34 minutes ago
Team news: @Coco_Lamela misses today's game with a minor calf injury

I can see the logic of Townsend as we will need some ace going forward and Chelsea's back-line doesn't like pacy attackers running at them. Am hoping we can lay on the break a little. I remember Townsend having a good 60 min or so against them last season as well.

I worry about Willian, Oscar, Hazard and Costa's ace though, and perhaps that's why Rose is playing over Davies.

Pochettino has never before even managed a draw against Mourinho :jaw:

I can see the logic of Townsend as we will need some ace going forward and Chelsea's back-line doesn't like pacy attackers running at them. Am hoping we can lay on the break a little. I remember Townsend having a good 60 min or so against them last season as well.

I worry about Willian, Oscar, Hazard and Costa's ace though, and perhaps that's why Rose is playing over Davies.

I know what you mean, but Andros isn't even that quick, and he's just so predictable. Can't see him getting much joy out of Matic and the back 4.

i dont understand this. there seems to be an assumption that townsend is lightening. his isn't even quick, just average, perhaps a touch above average, but his pace is never going to be a defining factor in terms of his overall game.

i dont understand this. there seems to be an assumption that townsend is lightening. his isn't even quick, just average, perhaps a touch above average, but his pace is never going to be a defining factor in terms of his overall game.

He has more raw pace over a distance than many of our other attackers. He has many deficiencies in his game granted but his pace today is the one thing that may make Chelski's defence not push too far forward - and allow us to possibly catch them on the break and the space in behind if they do

He has more raw pace over a distance than many of our other attackers. He has many deficiencies in his game granted but his pace today is the one thing that may make Chelski's defence not push too far forward - and allow us to possibly catch them on the break and the space in behind if they do

id be very suprised if chelsea have been having sleepless nights about townsend's pace. they would all have nervous breakdowns when they come up against players with geuine pace (which is every week i presume).

i don't see townsend affecting chelsea's game plan.

Back