• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Chelsea OMT***

Seriously there are some trolls in here.

Comparing anges results to ardiles? Ok compare them. After 11 games. Show us the results.

The teams we've played so far this season, are somehow worse than they were last season? Because...

If you don't think you are troll. Then maybe have a moment of introspection and rethink why you support this club. (Not saying you shouldn't, just thst it might not be bringing you joy).
Stop! Hammer time, I see plenty of posters praising us for making the same mistakes over and over again because we were "brave".
Brave to me isn't about playing to the oppositions strengths and our weakness, that's stubbornness.
I feel free to criticise those tactics and those opinions, but not the posters.
We just got pumped in a game we had by the throat, because of our own stupidity, by the team the supporters hate the most, I think we should expect some dissatisfied posters.

Nonsense. This is what really causes problems on a forum.
1. Ardiles football was great before key injuries set in, e.g. Teddy Sheringham and one of our defenders (i think Mabutt IIRC)
2. Once those injuries came Ardiles showed he couldn't adjust our tactics to being more pragmatic
3. We have just played a very average Chelsea side who have been on a loooong decline - check how many league games the've won in the last 18 months. We have given them that win on a plate due to naivety and some recklessness.
4. If we lose like this on the weekend away to Wolves will you be a similarly gushing?

Just understand that for the praise we can give for having a go, we can also critique what went wrong without having to be labelled as 'trolls' FFS!
Ardiles started 94/95 well but his decline had nothing to do with injuries. It was the personnel he chose at the back. Walker, Kerslake, Edinburgh, Judas and Calderwood in CM were ever presents and once teams figured us out, those 6 got exploited. Watch Nethercott against Southampton. Watch the 2-5 Emirates Marketing Project game. Nothing to do with injuries. Sheringham got injured the season before IIRC but played all games under Ossie in 94/95.

We were down to 9. No matter how we played, we’d likely have lost.

I actually thought at 1-1 that you’d just never know. Maybe we’d nick one and the roof would come off the place. At 2-1, I still thought we’d have a chance of a draw.

The tactics didn’t cost us. It was all on the red cards which comes down to discipline. That’s where you can maybe look at the manager because there have been a couple of signs this season that we’re a little suspect on that score.
We were playing to score a goal
we weren’t werent okaying to avoid defeat
everyone I spoke to leaving that ground tonight left with a sense of pride
it was two players letting their heads go that hurt is as you say

They Brought in a DM against 9 men to see it out….

They did
they were born offside
a good team would have dealt with that high line and smashed us
they didn’t because they are toilet
Repeating the same thing that’s failing is justo daft imo

They are/were poor i agree. All the worse for how it reflects on us though....

We were playing to score a goal
we weren’t werent okaying to avoid defeat
everyone I spoke to leaving that ground tonight left with a sense of pride
it was two players letting their heads go that hurt is as you say

They Brought in a DM against 9 men to see it out….

and it worked, they got the points

we can also critique what went wrong without having to be labelled as 'trolls' FFS

By all means have a moan if that's what you want to do, but if you ignore the great spirit we showed, you are missing a lot. And there may well be a lot more managerial "naivety" from Ange before the season is through - I'm not hoping for much for the next 3 games- but I love his determination and his honesty.

Erik, Mabbutt, Howells, Carr, Judas, Popescu, Dumitrescu, Sheringham, Barmby, Anderton, Klinsmann
Did Popescu play under Ossie. If he did, it was a game or two at most. Erik the Viking was finished by the time Klinsmann came in…Walker was the keeper. Carr didn’t play under Ossie or, if he did, it was friendlies and cup games. Judas was also very raw.

Nonsense. This is what really causes problems on a forum.
1. Ardiles football was great before key injuries set in, e.g. Teddy Sheringham and one of our defenders (i think Mabutt IIRC)
2. Once those injuries came Ardiles showed he couldn't adjust our tactics to being more pragmatic
3. We have just played a very average Chelsea side who have been on a loooong decline - check how many league games the've won in the last 18 months. We have given them that win on a plate due to naivety and some recklessness.
4. If we lose like this on the weekend away to Wolves will you be a similarly gushing?

Just understand that for the praise we can give for having a go, we can also critique what went wrong without having to be labelled as 'trolls' FFS!

Compare results. Or shut up.

Ardiles started 94/95 well but his decline had nothing to do with injuries. It was the personnel he chose at the back. Walker, Kerslake, Edinburgh, Judas and Calderwood in CM were ever presents and once teams figured us out, those 6 got exploited. Watch Nethercott against Southampton. Watch the 2-5 Emirates Marketing Project game. Nothing to do with injuries. Sheringham got injured the season before IIRC but played all games under Ossie in 94/95.

I was referring to the 1993/94 season when we only avoided relegation in the last 2/3 games. Ossie didn't adjust his tactics and even wjhen we bought Klinsmann, Dumitrescu etc we only became solid after he was sacked. He'd been worked out in the PL long before the sacking in October/November 1994

Did Popescu play under Ossie. If he did, it was a game or two at most. Erik the Viking was finished by the time Klinsmann came in…Walker was the keeper. Carr didn’t play under Ossie or, if he did, it was friendlies and cup games. Judas was also very raw.

Ok, lets just stick to Sheringham, Klinsmann, Barmby, Anderton.

Arguably only ever been one better front 4 in the PL than that, Kane, Son, Eriksen, Lamela.

Compare results. Or shut up.

You clearly can't read what i say about injuries and not adjusting. Ardiles did very well before the injuries, pretty sure we were second or third before the injuries.
Let's see how things go after our current batch of injuries. If Ange shows he can adjust accordingly i'll be full of praise. If not, my worries will persist.

In the meantime maybe its you that needs to shut instead of throwing out trolling labels

who knows where this goes now, Ange could easily be out by Christmas if the squad brick themselves

good job we don't have a history of....

oh fudge

Back